Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 02:42:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to explain Bitcoin to your Granparents [InfoGraphic]  (Read 1869 times)
oxiyusuf

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 01:49:18 PM

Bitcoin is a digital currency that you can send to friends and family using your computer or a smartphone. It's not controlled by a central authority and is much like a digital gold. Unlike fiat currencies, bitcoin cannon be artificially inflated and is much more likely to hold its value over the long term. i put this sentence from someone  Cheesy
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 01:51:08 PM

I would just say "Grandpa, Bitcoin is money."

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 04:08:14 PM

I wish it was this easy to show anyone bitcoin or other digital currency.  But there are some that will just not adapt it, just is to far away from their "normal".

I know my grandparents will not be switching from fiat.   I could do nothing to change this they just like fiat money.   I had one who would not even get a credit card till a few years ago.   Just believed in carrying cash and paying cash.  It's a different generation with some people.
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 04:35:29 PM

I think its pointless, the 2000+ generation is just lightyears ahead of the old generation.

The old folks cant even open up a PC, they dont even own one. I know some old guys who dont even have TV (not that I use TV that much, but atleast I got PC and internet).

They are hopeless generation, too dull and too old to learn. People after a certain age will not learn more. These guys will die, and then the new generation will fill their place who will move humanity forward.

s1ng
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 04:35:52 PM

As long as our grandparents still know how to use money and internet, they probably can understand about bitcoin

I would just say "Grandpa, Bitcoin is money."

" how do I spend it ? " , your grandpa asked
I will said," let me spend it for you, just sit relax , grandpa ..
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 08:24:51 PM

" how do I spend it ? " , your grandpa asked
I will said," let me spend it for you, just sit relax , grandpa ..

lol  Cheesy

well Granpa, point your camera at that square and press send.  Smiley

"Wat? When I was a boy nickles had bumble bees on them. Give me two bees for a dime, we would say." "Back then we wore an onion on our belt, which was the style. Of course we could only get white onions, because of the war...."

Ok Grandpa.  Undecided

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
blodeux

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 04:12:41 PM

I would say "Grandfather Satoshi, have you already forgotten you invented it?" Grin
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 04:17:08 PM
Last edit: September 11, 2015, 05:02:33 PM by RealBitcoin

-ME: Grandpa did you knew that the savings you put away in your 20's in that lockbox have lost 99% of it's value since?
-GP: What the fuck?
-ME: Yes it's called fucking inflation, and it's robbing the entire planet all at once
-GP: Ah man I better get some better way to store my remaining money
-ME: Try Bitcoin, it's unlimited-inflation proof.

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 04:59:16 PM

I think its pointless, the 2000+ generation is just lightyears ahead of the old generation.

The old folks cant even open up a PC, they dont even own one. I know some old guys who dont even have TV (not that I use TV that much, but atleast I got PC and internet).

They are hopeless generation, too dull and too old to learn. People after a certain age will not learn more. These guys will die, and then the new generation will fill their place who will move humanity forward.

And I don't want to discriminate by age.  I can remember when I cut paper to allow only certain buttons to be pressed on the tv remote.  I thought never would use a computer....

Luckily I am wrong and now grandparents on one side at least that can use computers.   But on money it would be the same thing for a lot of grandparent aged wil not trust/use it.  Part of it is if your at "grandparent" age you normally past your risky investment stage.  At that point you normally take safe investments to make sure your nest egg lasts you for rest of life.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: