Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 06:19:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What will happen if Bitcoin reach 1 USD exchange rate?  (Read 4478 times)
Ruzka

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 09:17:36 PM

Then if it dropped to that $1 you speak of I would have lost a few thousand but gained the status of becoming a whale once I double down my few thousand losses. I don't like to say never but I doubt very much that Bitcoin will ever be close to $1 again that boat was missed along time ago.

I think you'd be better off premining 21 million of your own coins to send to yourself because you'd be throwing your dollars away.

Premining my own coin would not have the following nor adoption that Bitcoin has though will it?

I see you mean it would be finished and I agree to an extent but if the tech is still there working and people still using it on darkweb etc  then it won't be long until a nice pump and even if not, it doesn't really matter mate I'l be like the captian that goes down with his ship.

Cheesy

Win some, lose some

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
techgeek

Activity: 826

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 10:32:59 PM

When the price falls to $50, i think who holding a bitcoin wikk sell all their coins and never want to see bitcoin prices again. Not need to wait falls to $1

Do you understand that you can sell only if somebody is buying  ?

Most people have a hard time how supply and demand works...

But seriously, that means we have zero demand for bitcoin to make the value to be $1. lol.

malphite

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 02:30:10 AM

When the price falls to $50, i think who holding a bitcoin wikk sell all their coins and never want to see bitcoin prices again. Not need to wait falls to $1

I think you`ll see most jumping the ship if it ever did fall below $100. Or gave indication its struggling to hold at that level.

Plus think about how much you gotta own to make it worth anything lol.
kromtar

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

contracorriente

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 07:50:42 AM

If that happen i will buy a bunch and even do faucet like mad, just in case it recover some day hehe

can't even clean my ass with fiat Sad
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 08:05:24 AM

If it reaches $1 we can consider bitcoin as good as done. It means that no one is willing to protect certain price levels.
Monopoly

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 09:18:01 AM

if it happens then some big companies will buy most of them and then promote it very well to earn good profit

When btc will reach to $1 that means the project is failed and it is very very  very very hard to reviving a dead project ........... Like all of altcoins that are dead now
MGMT

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 09:34:27 AM

if bitcoin reaches 1$ its going to  0$ in the following 3 seconds.

Doubt it. It wouldn't even get that far because people would just put in massive buy orders. Bitcoin would be in trouble long before it ever reached that price though. Even if it dropped to sub 100 miners would be mining for free most likely/
srgkrgkj
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 10:23:58 AM

If it reaches $1 we can consider bitcoin as good as done. It means that no one is willing to protect certain price levels.

yup and that the whole infrastructure is on the verge of collapse as $1 is practically where bitcoin came from Sad

XCASH
Legendary

Activity: 929

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 10:50:12 AM

yup and that the whole infrastructure is on the verge of collapse as $1 is practically where bitcoin came from Sad

No, Bitcoin started out at something like 1000 Bitcoins for a dollar. The first big pump peaked at $2, then it crashed back to 50 cents each. There must have been people that dumped all their Bitcoins at $1 because they had made 1000x profit. Bitcoin will only be dead if it ever goes back to 1000 Bitcoins for a dollar for a significant length of time, and not before that.

Bitcoin briefly crashed down to $0.001 for about 15 minutes in June 2011 after Jed had his laptop hacked when he was at MtGox. It survived that and will survive other catastrophes.

don't forget Jed's laptop was the one that got hacked revealing the admin pwd leading to the mtgox plunge to $0.001 over a period of about 15 min back in June 2011.

i tried to scrape up the video of that plunge but no success.  i remember being right there when it happened.  one of the most dramatic things i've ever seen realtime.
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 10:40:42 AM

If that happen i will buy a bunch and even do faucet like mad, just in case it recover some day hehe

Please make me an email to sell mine. Even i will lose almost all my money at least will have 1 dollar for bitcoin. Better few then nothing!
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 11:01:27 AM

Please make me an email to sell mine. Even i will lose almost all my money at least will have 1 dollar for bitcoin. Better few then nothing!

it's not worth selling your coins for $1 as you basically has nothing to lose anymore. there surely will be a lot pump and dump groups active. even then you as trader can make a good bit of profit.
willope

Activity: 366
Merit: 261

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 01:23:36 PM

Massive suicide. ->The extinction of thee geeks. ->The "gamer" market collapses. ->Sony, ASUS, Microsoft collapses.->Silicon Valley collapses. ->More massive suicide. -> There is no more brilliant brains remaining on the world. -> World war 3. -> End of the world.

SO, bitcoin's death -> End of the world.

You don't want that, do you?

Wink

Go get a job instead of wasting ur time with scams
ssmc2
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 01:25:53 PM

if bitcoin reaches 1$ its going to  0$ in the following 3 seconds.

This
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2015, 01:32:58 PM

If one bitcoin ever reaches 1 usd per coin, then something must be really wrong. Either someone found a way to exploit and generate free coins out of thin air or the whole blockchain is in a mess or some other things never thought of. When that happens i would think twice even it was offered to me for free.

Mobius

Activity: 988

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 11:54:10 PM

I would consider the project dead and move on to another crypto. If something happens where BTC can't maintain a ~$13M marketcap, something terrible has happened.
Monopoly

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 09:43:22 AM

I would consider the project dead and move on to another crypto. If something happens where BTC can't maintain a ~$13M marketcap, something terrible has happened.

there is a entanglement between Btc and other crypto currency coins ... If btc will fail all others will fail ..........
neochiny

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

Crypto.games

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2015, 09:48:41 AM

What do you think will happen if Bitcoin reach 1 USD exchange rate? Will there be more people joining in to get some cheap Bitcoin? Or will they be a big dump and drop in volume? I personally think that if one day Bitcoin reach 1 USD per Bitcoin it will be the headlines on many newspaper. It will attract lot of attention and more people will buy Bitcoin online while it's cheap.

well if bitcoin drops to 1 usd again, like in the beginning...
a lot of people will sell their bitcoin, before it really gonna happen..
because before it reaches 1 usd , there will be a panick already.
and dump their bitcoins. causing the bitcoin to go more lower.
a lot of dollars will be wasted. but the good thing is... all new comers in bitcoin,
and all beginners.. will be very good timing on it...
in reverse a lot of bitcoin believer will still buy and hope that it will go up to at least a $1000 ...
well whatever happens ,, goodluck to all of us.. Tongue

████  ███████  ███
██████████
███      ███████
███      ███████████
██████████████████
████████
███   ████  ███████████
███ ███████████████
█████████
█████████████████
███  ███████
██████████████
███        ████████
███████████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████▀▀     ███     ▀▀██████
████▀   ▄▄█████████▄▄   ▀████
████▄▄▄███▀  ▀█▀  ▀███▄▄▄████
██▀▀▀██▀      ▀      ▀██▀▀▀██
█▀  ▄██               ██▄  ▀█
█   ████▄▄         ▄▄████   █
█▄  ▀██▀             ▀██▀  ▄█
██▄▄▄██▄             ▄██▄▄▄██
████▀▀▀███▄ ▄█ █▄ ▄███▀▀▀████
████▄   ▀▀███▄█████▀▀   ▄████
███████▄     ███     ▄███████
███████████▄▄███▄▄███████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
..PLAY NOW..
███  ███████  ████
██████████
███████      ███
███████████      ███
██████████████████
████████
███████████  ████   ███
███████████████ ███
█████████
█████████████████
███████  ███
██████████████
████████        ███
ndnh
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1005

New Decentralized Nuclear Hobbit

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 10:45:30 AM

I will buy a lot. Cheesy

Of course, assuming the fundamentals are intact, and it is still the massively adopted crypto, and the price drop was created by a stupid whale. Smiley
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 07:44:13 PM

I will buy a lot. Cheesy

Of course, assuming the fundamentals are intact, and it is still the massively adopted crypto, and the price drop was created by a stupid whale. Smiley

nearly all price drops are the result of a whale dump. normal traders will then follow with selling. that's also how it works with stocks. the trading is the same.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: