Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 12:24:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which bitcoin wallet is the safest and the most convenient?  (Read 5159 times)
Tom Walton (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 12:05:22 PM

Hi all. I'm a novice on this forum. I want to know which Bitcoin wallet is the safest and the most convenient at the same time?
I've heard good feedbacks about Armory but as I understood it works only with Bitcoin-Qt. But Bitcoin-Qt weighs more than 30GB... Is it worth of this?  Huh

Perhaps someone can share better variants and explain why -  I would be very grateful for recommendations.
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 12:06:37 PM

If you are looking for a fast, easy and convenient wallet for desktop, you should look for Electrum, or MultiBit.
Rude Boy

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 12:13:43 PM

other than btc core, i'll recommend multibit, bither or electrum Roll Eyes

~Rude Boy Kiss
turvarya

Activity: 714

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 12:14:18 PM

You should understand the concept about Cold/Hot Wallets.

A cold wallets holds most of your money and is save/offline: I still use paper wallets for that, but might switch to a hardware wallet like trezor in the near future.

A hot wallet contains what you really want to use and is not that save/online(since every device that is connected to the internet could be compromised): I use mostly Mycelium for that, since it is not really convenient to have your wallet only on your pc.

https://forum.bitcoin.com/
New censorship-free forum by Roger Ver. Try it out.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 12:16:04 PM

i can't see the problem of downloading 30-50 gb one time only with core, besides this for me it's still the best wallet and the one that is less susceptible to random problems like the last one with the invalid blocks from miner

people download every day game, movie in high resolution which exceed 30 gb like nothing and they worry to donwload one time only 30 giga...
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2015, 12:16:13 PM

Like previous posters have said, I'd also use Electrum or Multibit.

Or if you want to be extra safe, Armory.

GonnaGrinditout

Activity: 94
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 12:22:14 PM

Betchain.info, online wallet easy to use, no download.

≛≛≛BTC  HUGE 7 BTC WELCOME BONUS  BTC≛≛≛
☜☆☞☜☆☞☜☆☞ Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked☜☆☞☜☆☞☜☆☞
Tom Walton (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 12:25:08 PM

I'm using Electrum at the moment - launched this wallet a day ago to pay an entrance fee on this forum.
But for future - as I understand it's not the safest wallet to collect BTC.
RustyNomad

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2015, 12:27:02 PM

All of the 'mainstream' wallets on offer today are good and most often it comes down to personal preference.

However, with that said, the most important aspect for me with any wallet is the control/trust factor. Who has control over all the private keys? If you do not have full and explicit control over all of the private keys then you are not in control of that wallet. The trust factor is out the window [in my opinion], the moment a third party has access and or control over some or all of the private keys.

So if you ask me which wallet I'll say start with the above, pick one that puts yourself and only yourself in charge of said wallet.

LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2015, 12:30:31 PM

I'm using Electrum at the moment - launched this wallet a day ago to pay an entrance fee on this forum.

take a look on these hardware wallets too:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=899253.0

el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 12:31:02 PM

For the safest wallet, it is always bitcoin- core, because it is the very original wallet started by satoshi and developed by the community.
However it takes at least 50GB of your hard disk space, so it obviously not the most convenient one. I personally use blockchain.info wallet because it can be accessed once I have a Internet connection. However I think the most convenient one is Mycelium for Android, because it is lightweight yet multi-functional (like signing message, sweeping paper wallet etc.).

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Kazimir
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 12:34:54 PM

Electrum is a reasonable compromise between safety and convenience.

Still, the most convenient wallets imho are Mycelium and breadwallet.

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Insert coin(s): 1KazimirL9MNcnFnoosGrEkmMsbYLxPPob
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 12:37:01 PM

For me it's mycelium , I find it convenient . has simple design and easy to use. I also feel safe using it
15Lemon714

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 12:37:06 PM

take a look on these hardware wallets too:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=899253.0

I found this awhile back and got the ledger dual as it was cheap and very safe. Cheers litecoinguy
lottery248
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1005

beware of your keys.

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 12:37:42 PM

www.blockchain.info

my favourite wallet, since it has the full node features without synchronising with the network.
wat about u

out of ability to use the signature, i want a new ban strike policy that will fade the strike after 90~120 days of the ban and not to be traced back, like google | email me for anything urgent, message will possibly not be instantly responded
i am not really active for some reason
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1217

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 12:44:50 PM

Normally I would recommend against using any of the online wallets (especially in case if you are owning more than BTC10). That said, Blockchain.info is the best online wallet available out there right now. But be really careful in storing your coins with them. Create two strong passwords (main password and transaction password), and take regular backups.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 01:03:25 PM

Hi all. I'm a novice on this forum. I want to know which Bitcoin wallet is the safest and the most convenient at the same time?
I've heard good feedbacks about Armory but as I understood it works only with Bitcoin-Qt. But Bitcoin-Qt weighs more than 30GB... Is it worth of this?  Huh

Perhaps someone can share better variants and explain why -  I would be very grateful for recommendations.

Well it also depends on your holdings. For example, if you have more than 10 BTCs, I would recommend that you get yourself a Trezor. This is by far the safest option out there, of course if you trust ghe developers, but they have already proven themselves! It's on sale for $99 at the moment!

If your holdings are smaller, than use core, electrum or multibit! Stay away from online wallets!
Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 01:36:55 PM

safest: core
most convenient: electrum or multibit
flock123

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 02:13:26 PM

better use blockchain.info
I also use this time, but I do not know how much capacity  Grin
ikydesu

Activity: 686

fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2015, 02:39:37 PM

better use blockchain.info
I also use this time, but I do not know how much capacity  Grin

Really? They have a lot problem with their security, for few months ago, a lot customers have a problem with it.
And recently: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1143759.0 they block explorer has been broken/BUG.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: