Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 10:01:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which bitcoin wallet is the safest and the most convenient?  (Read 5158 times)
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2015, 02:43:08 PM

I'm using Electrum at the moment - launched this wallet a day ago to pay an entrance fee on this forum.
But for future - as I understand it's not the safest wallet to collect BTC.

take a look on these hardware wallets too:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=899253.0

I found this awhile back and got the ledger dual as it was cheap and very safe. Cheers litecoinguy

you are welcome.

bitcoin core is a good tool but it is not convenient.

so i would rather say that a user should use a hardware wallet or a service like Xapo to store the BTC.

Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 03:13:03 PM

Hi all. I'm a novice on this forum. I want to know which Bitcoin wallet is the safest and the most convenient at the same time?
I've heard good feedbacks about Armory but as I understood it works only with Bitcoin-Qt. But Bitcoin-Qt weighs more than 30GB... Is it worth of this?  Huh

Perhaps someone can share better variants and explain why -  I would be very grateful for recommendations.
Actually blockchain needed for full validation wallets to work weighs more than 45GB as of now. But if you can afford to download it - then go for it.
Online wallets, and centralized wallets with simplified validation and online blockchain can fail (as seen recently), Bitcoin Core cannot.
tadakaluri

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2015, 03:22:30 PM

Check this for more detailed information: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1118123.msg12135864#msg12135864
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1353

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 03:30:51 PM

Hi all. I'm a novice on this forum. I want to know which Bitcoin wallet is the safest and the most convenient at the same time?
I've heard good feedbacks about Armory but as I understood it works only with Bitcoin-Qt. But Bitcoin-Qt weighs more than 30GB... Is it worth of this?  Huh

Perhaps someone can share better variants and explain why -  I would be very grateful for recommendations.

SPV wallets or Lite wallets are the way to go if you are not looking for some node functionalities on your wallet. It is easy to use and also novice-friendly unlike the Bitcoin-QT wallet which is more of an advanced client targeted to the tech savvy people looking for some more functionalities. I'm using Electrum (though I have the QT installed in my machine too) as of this moment and so far I haven't encountered any problems with it. Smiley

Oh and one last word, as much as possible, stay away from online wallets.

acquafredda
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1481

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 03:34:54 PM

Do not leave your BTC on exchange and online wallets for too long.

Best wallet is bitcoin core but for everyday use I would say Electrum or multibit HD.

It's good to have to remember only some words to have a pretty secure and reliable BTC wallet.
Tom Walton (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 03:51:05 PM

WOW. thanks for the link!

I'm using Electrum at the moment - launched this wallet a day ago to pay an entrance fee on this forum.
But for future - as I understand it's not the safest wallet to collect BTC.

take a look on these hardware wallets too:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=899253.0
Jeremycoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 04:15:55 PM

Why does everyone keep asking about this question, can we just discuss it in a same topic. So please search any other topic that has the same question, before you asking it.
BTW I use Multibit, easy to use and lightweight. Grin

faucet used to be profitable
turvarya

Activity: 714

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 10:59:13 PM

If you will be moving your funds often, why not to try Coinbase? I do not know why people is so mad at "annonymity", unless you will be buying drugs/anything illegal or live in a country with strong, absrud control over its population (China?).

If I were to stack BTC, I would use the core, original stuff is usually the best.

To those saying that 50 GB is not that much, well, average bandwidth here is 5 MB, it will take hours to download that thing... now consider countries with worse connections (there are, lots of them).
Have you lived in a cave for the last few years?
Have you ever heard about Snowden?
Also, take a look at this:
http://www.un.org/Overview/rights.html#a12

If you want to throw away your basic human rights, go for it, but there are people out there, who take that serious.

https://forum.bitcoin.com/
New censorship-free forum by Roger Ver. Try it out.
guddu raj

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 05:16:15 PM

myceliuym andriod app wallet is safe and easy to use.
this type wallet you can use anywhere and anytime when you need it. i am enjoy this wallet you can also enjoy this wallet. realy this app nice and lite app.
rinhunter

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 12:20:31 PM

hardware wallet the best choice.
price not too expensive, no need to fear your bitcoin stolen, 100% bitcoin in your hands.
Zz
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1077

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 12:24:14 PM

Bitcoin Core is the safest of course. But it requires your HDD 45 Gb of data. If you want lightweight client check Multibit and Electrum.
Blawpaw
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 12:53:49 PM

You have several good wallets to use:

Blockchain, Ninki, micellium, multibit etc.

but if you want a real bullet proof wallet you should use a paper wallet or a Trezor wallet!
Eodguy149

Activity: 578
Merit: 554

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 09:31:14 AM

If you will be moving your funds often, why not to try Coinbase? I do not know why people is so mad at "annonymity", unless you will be buying drugs/anything illegal or live in a country with strong, absrud control over its population (China?).

If I were to stack BTC, I would use the core, original stuff is usually the best.

To those saying that 50 GB is not that much, well, average bandwidth here is 5 MB, it will take hours to download that thing... now consider countries with worse connections (there are, lots of them).

You're going to catch some flack for recommending Coinbase because a lot of the more experienced Bitcoin users have an issue with Coinbase holding the users private keys. If an individual does not possess their own private keys then technically they do not have control of their coins.

I personally recommend Coinbase to individuals who have never used Bitcoin before because it is very user friendly and the security is top notch. The vault feature is also something to look into as an additional security measure. Fun fact: you can also set up a multi-sig vault so that you have control over your own private keys!  Wink

"Initial Success or Total Failure"
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2015, 10:39:15 AM

safest and convenient: electrum

in terms of security vs convenience I'd go with ninkip2p. multisig wallet with desktop and mobile client and 2FA

Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 11:05:45 AM

go for core, no mistake if you have enough bandwidth and resources
Blawpaw
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 12:54:13 PM

I can use several good wallets.

But for real bullet proof security you can use the Armory paper wallet.

You can choose between Armory and electrum.

For androids and mobile phones I consider Micellium to be the best.
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 05:27:09 PM

better use blockchain.info
I also use this time, but I do not know how much capacity  Grin

Really? They have a lot problem with their security, for few months ago, a lot customers have a problem with it.
And recently: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1143759.0 they block explorer has been broken/BUG.

Well its easy to transfer bitcoin from there, and its more secure than electrum (online, not cold storage) wallet. But there is 3rd party risk of course.

So you have to weight in the risks and decide for yourself

Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2015, 04:57:59 AM

If you want convenient and safe, my recommendations would be Coinbase, Circle, or Xapo.

But here's a link that will help you find the right wallet based on your specific needs: https://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet

Nimbulan

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 05:19:35 AM

Blockchain.info is in my opinion the fastest and the most convenient and can be pretty safe in most conditions, using a secondary and 2FA with the account can make it secure IMO and if there server isn't down I think it can work fine with most people.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
kdhilip75

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 06:06:32 AM

If you want convenient and safe, my recommendations would be Coinbase, Circle, or Xapo.

But here's a link that will help you find the right wallet based on your specific needs: https://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet

I am using Coinbase and Xapo online wallet is it good to keep my bitcoins collected through other faucets in this wallet for long time
if not please tell me the other option .

I saw some views about desktop wallet but my computer operating software get crashed mostly every month , then what should i do to save my bitcoins for a long time  Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: