Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:23:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which bitcoin wallet is the safest and the most convenient?  (Read 5158 times)
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 06:09:34 AM

For me coinbase. I am customer of this bitcoin wallet since more two years. It is the most convenient because you don't pay fee in every transaction you do because all the fees are handled by coinbase. Is the safest because even if a web based wallet you have the key of your bitcoins so no one can stole those.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Sarthak

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

Error 404: there seems to be nothing here.

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 06:43:35 AM

I am using MultiBit HD  Grin
Fast, Simple and Secure and no need to download the entire blockchain Wink

michinzx

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 08:33:49 AM

Why does everyone keep asking about this question, can we just discuss it in a same topic. So please search any other topic that has the same question, before you asking it.
BTW I use Multibit, easy to use and lightweight. Grin
electrum is great too, and one thing it has over multibit is the ability to adjust the tx fee and also choose which addresses outputs are spent from.
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1007

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 10:51:19 AM

Why does everyone keep asking about this question, can we just discuss it in a same topic. So please search any other topic that has the same question, before you asking it.
electrum is great too, and one thing it has over multibit is the ability to adjust the tx fee and also choose which addresses outputs are spent from.

Electrum has some issues, and perhaps some bugs too I already signalled in this thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1152808.0

So i`m not FUD-ing but I think Electrum needs more development before we can use it safely.

Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2015, 01:00:16 PM

Electrum has some issues, and perhaps some bugs too I already signalled in this thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1152808.0

So i`m not FUD-ing but I think Electrum needs more development before we can use it safely.

I can not see any bugs but suggestions. Read ThomasV's post. He has addressed all your questions/statements. Electrum is pretty safe as a wallet.

GrandmaJean

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 01:35:14 PM

the safest wallet is definitely either paper wallet or hardware wallet as no one gets your private key and only you own it
kdhilip75

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 10:12:07 AM

the safest wallet is definitely either paper wallet or hardware wallet as no one gets your private key and only you own it

what you are telling is correct but for that the user should be knowledgeable to use that safely because once if the paper wallet or hardware wallet get corrupt , lost, crashed or anything accidentally happens then he/she wont be able to get back the details and what ever he/she earned will be lost it
lahm-44

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 07:07:23 PM

well it depends on what type of machine you are gonna work or use it in..like if you are using a pc then you have to select between a heavy or a light weight wallet..thay means bitcoin-qt or light wallets like armory,electry,hive etc etc..
I will suggest to use electrum wallet as it is convineant and smooth use with those transactions
RealBitcoin

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 08:51:08 PM

well it depends on what type of machine you are gonna work or use it in..like if you are using a pc then you have to select between a heavy or a light weight wallet..thay means bitcoin-qt or light wallets like armory,electry,hive etc etc..
I will suggest to use electrum wallet as it is convineant and smooth use with those transactions

Armory is not light weight wallet. Its heavy weight, ultra heavy weight.

The blockchain is like 73 GB, Armory builds another 40.6 GB of databases so it becomes 113.6 GB or burden.

Although I use Armory too (with Electrum), but its is becoming a real burden.

I can not see any bugs but suggestions. Read ThomasV's post. He has addressed all your questions/statements. Electrum is pretty safe as a wallet.

I`ll just wait a few more releases before I start using it, for now Armory is good, I can wait 2-3 more years.

luciann

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 10:49:41 PM

I would mention the bitcoin-core at the moment.

But who knows that`ll be a sudden change, once the bitcoin actually split and test how the xt reacts. And if theres a difference in transaction times.

kenbytes

Activity: 392

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 10:54:29 PM

blockchain   of course ... Cool

alone bird

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 04:41:27 AM

I'm using mycelium wallet and I think it's the most safesr ,fastest and overall good wallet for storing the botcoins !!..
yummyransom

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2015, 10:12:26 AM

If you want a fast and simple bitcoin wallet then I recommend you the multibit.

Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 02:59:14 PM

you should try Electrum , then you will never go back to multibit again

they have somewhat the same functionality, but after trying out both of them i prefer Electrum much more.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
RealBitcoin

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 03:21:28 PM

they have somewhat the same functionality, but after trying out both of them i prefer Electrum much more.

I am using Electrum partially, but I really need to see more updates and features before I start using it fully.

I just dont like that it uses so little entropy, I like my money very secure Sad

trinaldao
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1218

Post your ann & bounty just contact me

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2015, 03:42:42 PM

Hi all. I'm a novice on this forum. I want to know which Bitcoin wallet is the safest and the most convenient at the same time?
I've heard good feedbacks about Armory but as I understood it works only with Bitcoin-Qt. But Bitcoin-Qt weighs more than 30GB... Is it worth of this?  Huh

Perhaps someone can share better variants and explain why -  I would be very grateful for recommendations.

if you runing your wallet at PC multibit is best choice
if you use bitcoin everyday at mobile u can use mycellium
if u never use bitcoin, just for save it u can use paper wallet Smiley

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
RealBitcoin

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 03:43:58 PM

I am using Electrum partially, but I really need to see more updates and features before I start using it fully.

I just dont like that it uses so little entropy, I like my money very secure Sad

Just use bitcoin core, even though it's very heavy wallet & need sync with blockchain, your bitcoin will be more secure than use other wallets.

I dont like the core, i would use electrum, but I want to see more audits happening to the code.

And all major , critical bugs fixed, especially the random number generator audited . I dont want my k variable exposed when i send out coins.

Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 03:48:24 PM

i have been using blockchain.info for a couple of months now and I like it. it was secure so far and I don't keep a lot there so I am not worried .

Only Bitcoin
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1076

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 03:49:25 PM

To you guys who are saying that core is very heavy with storage space, I believe the new version 0.11 now supports pruning mode, so the storage space shouldn't be as much of an issue as it used to be.
TheLunacy

Activity: 55

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 05:17:24 PM

Interesting reading for a newbie. Hope to learn more from you guys.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: