Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:36:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Easiest way to buy bitcoins with credit card.  (Read 74210 times)
acin8001

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 15, 2012, 04:26:06 AM

The reason options are limited with credit card payments as the risk for fraud is to high fees too high. Both work against the purpose of bitcoin imo.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bcpokey

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 15, 2012, 06:04:21 AM

damn, can i witdraw from mt. box to paypal? or something similar from where i can send it to my visa card/bank acc

MtGox does not do paypal, but you can withdraw it to Dwolla, and then transfer to your Bank account, been a while but I believe that's still the standard method for USD withdrawal (international withdrawals can be done via Wire Transfer).

If you want faster than the Dwolla -> bank takes, there are numerous methods for converting bitcoins to PPUSD.

FastCash4Bitcoins.com,
BTC-E,
VirWoX,
Bitcoin Nordic,
Coin2Pal,   <--  New, so  may wish to contact first, or request to use an escrow.
and more.

- http://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Selling_bitcoins

Additionally, there are frequently individual traders on #bitcoin-otc who are willing to purchase your bitcoins with PayPal.  Using the history from the Web of Trust (WoT) helps to less the chances of seeing a chargeback later.

- http://bitcoin-otc.com/
 - http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#bitcoin-otc-foyer
 - http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratings.php

I think it's fair to mention the hefty fees attached to utilizing most of those services, especially if you are starting with MtGox USD (as it sounded like the question was suggesting). FastCash for example buys coins for ~96-97% of the going MtGox rate, then charges a 1% fee to transfer to PPal on top of that. VirWox requires BTC -> SLL -> USD with not the most favorable rates at either point, and then a withdrawal fee to paypal (2%? I don't remember offhand), BTC-E is I believe 5% for Paypal... etc.

Not saying you shouldn't tell someone about alternatives, just don't forget the big catch involved.
nanaimogold

Activity: 661
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 09:37:59 AM

centregold.com has been accepting credit cards to digital currency for a long time.

Be prepared to present yourself fully, ID, verification, credit check etc. If you are less than genuine, you don't have a chance of being accepted.

When you are deemed to be a good risk you can buy any of several digital currencies that are easily traded into bitcoins, although not bitcoin directly. ( try this https://www.nanaimogold.com/lr_exchange.php )

Anyone who is serious about trading bitcoin and other currencies needs to find a better way than credit cards.

There is high risk in chargebacks due to stolen cards and those thieves who might just lie to the card issuer after purchasing something very liquid and practically untraceable. Either way, it's the merchant, not the bank, who pays for the loss. The banks are actually complicit in the crime when they fine the merchant to cover the chargeback costs. Accepting credit cards is more or less risky for any merchant, money trade the riskiest.

That's why you need to expect close scrutiny and large costs if you want to pay online with Visa. There are often better ways.

armenmerikyan

Activity: 244
Merit: 10

BrownieCoins.org The Recognition Cryptocurrency

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2013, 05:18:42 PM

You can also use Brownie Coins App on Apple's App Store, Any country and Any Currency.

BrownieCoins.org - social currency for doing good deeds
wiggi

Activity: 403
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 09, 2013, 07:29:54 PM

Btc-e has interkassa.

Some guides on how to pay via Visa/MasterCard:
http://dayzmonitor.com/guide/interkassa.php
http://www.cardsharing.cc/index.php?topic=30067.0

looks like it depends on phone sim card/credit card issuer details,
and luck of course...
robertprosper

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 09, 2013, 08:30:53 PM

I would think it defeats the object of bitcoins by using a credit card but it seems that there are a few options. Does anyone know any others as using a card to purchase directly is so much easier
navaman

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2013, 09:32:50 PM

I would think it defeats the object of bitcoins by using a credit card but it seems that there are a few options. Does anyone know any others as using a card to purchase directly is so much easier
With Liqpay, you can load that wallet using a mastercard.  Somebody has a listing on cashvouchers.net for bitcoins using liqpay.  There two ways of using Liqpay: 1 is to load the wallet directly which can only seemingly be done using Mastercard ( Don't ask, I don't know why), 2 is to go through a merchant checkout where you can use both VISA and Masterdcard.

Another way is to use a netspend prepaid which I posted about yesterday.  Look for the thread but it goes through moneygram to bitinstant however, it can all be done through the netspend website.

Last way is to buy a Cashu voucher, load it onto OKpay, then withdraw from OKpay into bitcoins.  PCgamesupply.com sells Cashu vouchers, casghvouchers.net has a couple of people selling them as well but only buy them from highly rated people (You won't get ripped off per say as the site owners do a good job with CS but it's not worth the hassle to place an order and then not get it and wait for them to give back the money.)  To use this method you need to load it onto Cashu first then onto OKpay.  Pcgamesupply also takes paypal.

I've bought Cashu vouchers on cashvouchers.net and always had no problem.  It is delivered almost instaneously.  I haven't bought bitcoins using this method.  They also seem to charge less of a premium but only take liqpay CC method.

Help develop DarkClam.  The Just-Dice currency of the future.  Helps is needed with development, funding and a lot of ideas.

Go here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1362098.msg13861544#msg13861544
joey.rich

Activity: 124
Merit: 16

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2013, 01:07:11 PM

Our website https://www.BuyBitcoins.com is now accepting limited credit card payments for Bitcoin.  Users are required to share their location and to upload a legal photo ID before we'll consider selling bitcoins.  We err on the side of caution so unfortunately we are forced to deny a majority of the orders that are placed through our website. 

But if you're legitimate, please feel free to submit an order and we'll do our best to help you purchase bitcoins by credit card.  You'll need an MtGox user account to withdraw your bitcoins since we do all withdrawals through Mt.Gox redeem codes.  The only fee we charge is a 12% premium to current Mt.Gox rates and we hope to reduce this rate in the future if we continue to be successful in avoiding credit card chargebacks.

-Joey Rich
BitcoinINV

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 03:40:44 PM

As the one of the largest credit card for bitcoin providers, I would like to tell you about our service. We have over 115 satisfied clients that buy bitcoins with credit card every day. We were operating under bitcoin-keys.com but have recently moved to becoming a registered financial services provider. What does this mean to you and why the hell should you care?

Our service will allow for instant purchase of bitcoins through multiple channels CC included.
Our service will allow for you to buy more then bitcoins, we will offer LTC to start.
Our service will allow for you to buy MTgox codes or Btc-e Codes. We have a business account with Btc-e and are working with gox to get one.
You can hold USD, BTC, LTC in your accounts.
We have a built in lending platform mostly geared towards lines of credit.
Merchant processing, got a items to sell and need a Easy BTC/LTC payment processor? We are also set up to take any new crypto-coins.
Become a lending broker, Got coins to lend? As a lending broker you lend out your own coins, You can set you own terms from 1-3 years pick you own interest*** and get a draft a legal agreement between the two of you with our software.

If you have any questions feel free to message me.

nowwhat

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 04:14:26 PM

Look interesting, I'll have to check it out.

BTC: 1AUXCHF2xywS8Djb8PSXKCXGmpEXyAVtMD   LTC: Li4FFihFKf9Ej3SYBz4NHQZ4gKUB2kC76V
BTC3364

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 04:45:10 PM

Has anyone here successfully bought BTC through Ebay?  Thought that went against their TOS...

It does, but regardless you can get past it as long as they don't take it down, and from then its up to paypal, and they tend to back you against scam.
BTC3364

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 04:55:25 PM

Look interesting, I'll have to check it out.

ditto
matakaonew

Activity: 12

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 09:31:52 PM

the best way is still local for a first purchase
jakebriggs92

Activity: 8

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 12:53:13 PM

Our website https://www.BuyBitcoins.com is now accepting limited credit card payments for Bitcoin.  Users are required to share their location and to upload a legal photo ID before we'll consider selling bitcoins.  We err on the side of caution so unfortunately we are forced to deny a majority of the orders that are placed through our website.

But if you're legitimate, please feel free to submit an order and we'll do our best to help you purchase bitcoins by credit card.  You'll need an MtGox user account to withdraw your bitcoins since we do all withdrawals through Mt.Gox redeem codes.  The only fee we charge is a 12% premium to current Mt.Gox rates and we hope to reduce this rate in the future if we continue to be successful in avoiding credit card chargebacks.
tigerfree
Legendary

Activity: 1015
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 04:35:54 PM

go atm cash out buy LR then btc easy  Smiley
splippity

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 02:37:47 AM

Is fraud so high that it needs to be this difficult to do a bank transfer to bitcoin?

I'm trying to purchase coins. I tried to use coinbase but they only allow a certain number of transactions per  day. Not per individual but per site so hasnt let me do it.

I did have to link my bank account.

Anyone have experience with it?
Vagnavs
Legendary

Activity: 1121
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 02:59:16 AM

not many vendors are going to take credit card. As previous members have suggested due to fraud. You can get moneypak and exchange it for bitcoins on SR.
Regards,
Brian

Avalanche is a must own
jakebriggs92

Activity: 8

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 06:00:20 AM

Our website http://paypal.buybitcoins.com  now accepts limited paypal payments for Bitcoins.  Users are required to share their location and to upload a legal photo ID before we'll consider selling bitcoins.  We err on the side of caution so unfortunately we are forced to deny a majority of the orders that are placed through our website.

But if you're legitimate, please feel free to submit an order and we'll do our best to help you purchase bitcoins using your paypal.  You'll need an MtGox user account to withdraw your bitcoins since we do all withdrawals through Mt.Gox redeem codes.  The only fee we charge is a 12% premium to current Mt.Gox rates and we hope to reduce this rate in the future.
Our sister website buybitcoins.com accepts credit card payments for bitcoins.
BitcoinINV

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 07:38:17 PM

Bitcoin Financial will take credit cards to fund accounts. Once the accounts are funded with USD you can convert them to coins.
Here is a short intro video for you all to watch
http://youtu.be/h0uHUHz9YnU

Check the website out before we open up on March 1st!
www.bitcoin-financial.com

We have a couple new technology's that allow us to accept credit cards.
Netverify http://vimeo.com/37550627
This new service we have added also allows for the fastest account processing possible. It takes 2 seconds for the software to scan you I.D. Look for holograms, Match you Geo-Ip location and confirm or deny your identity. It sends a signal to our software will clear you as a verified member and will automatically clear you account.

TinyTimmy

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 03:12:48 PM

Wow, that sounds kind of awesome!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: