Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 11:18:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Article:Ethereum launch: Half-Finished Builds, Private key Bug and Exchange ...  (Read 901 times)
tyz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 01:44:47 PM

Ethereum launch: Half-Finished Builds, Private key Bug and Exchange Dumpfest

When Ethereum was finally released to the public, quite a few people had high expectations of this platform and the associated digital currency called “Ether.”  However, ever since the launch itself, it became clear that it would take quite a bit of tweaking and prodding to get Ethereum running on most computers.  Quite a shame for a project that raised millions of USD in investment capital, yet failed to deliver a user-friendly piece of technology.

http://digitalmoneytimes.com/crypto-news/ethereum-launch-half-finished-builds-private-key-bug-exchange-dumpfest/
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 04:13:49 PM

When Ethereum was finally released to the public, quite a few people had high expectations of this platform and the associated digital currency called “Ether.”  However, ever since the launch itself, it became clear that it would take quite a bit of tweaking and prodding to get Ethereum running on most computers.  Quite a shame for a project that raised millions of USD in investment capital, yet failed to deliver a user-friendly piece of technology.

http://digitalmoneytimes.com/crypto-news/ethereum-launch-half-finished-builds-private-key-bug-exchange-dumpfest/

This is actually the main reason I am very disappointed in Ethereum.. I guess I will be buying a few when the price goes below IPO levels in USD as I think the idea is still quite good.

However, them not even being able to deliver a simple GUI wallet.. I mean, WTF?
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 05:06:01 PM

Software development takes time. This one could be another year or two before its done.. So yeah, wait for the dump then the correction and then buy lots. Its still a great long term investment. Just not at this price...

PieceOfCake

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 06:36:09 PM

It's the Frontier release. Frontier. If you expected some fully complete product for Frontier then you didn't do your research very well.

Give it time. It will happen.
coinableS
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1180

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2015, 06:48:42 PM

This is actually the main reason I am very disappointed in Ethereum.. I guess I will be buying a few when the price goes below IPO levels in USD as I think the idea is still quite good.

The Ethereum launch had lots of hype and anticipation. Unfortunately the launch did not live up the hype that was expected. The price dump after launch made many feel betrayed, but there's a been a slow steady rise on the ETH/BTC charts the last 7 days.

Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 07:37:43 PM

The Ethereum launch had lots of hype and anticipation. Unfortunately the launch did not live up the hype that was expected. The price dump after launch made many feel betrayed, but there's a been a slow steady rise on the ETH/BTC charts the last 7 days.

To me it was more like big dump after launch, then again a crazy pump and now since yesterday second big dump coming. This is a lot of manipulation here going on at the moment. Right now ETH is way overpriced. I will wait and watch how things develop.
box0214

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 08:08:28 PM

its in ethereum's best interest to feed the trolls and spread disinformation so you won't know what to believe....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disinformation

keep in mind there's one thing that stands out like a sore thumb. they have very good marketing, which means really good at hyping up stuff. kudos to them!  Cheesy its essential to raise adoption in something so new and untested.

i think i'll wait for the next wave of turing complete platforms that are coming. it very well might improve on top of what ethereum has, minus the million dollar funding to make the other platforms seem more "fair" and uncontrolled by interest of the investors looking for a return.

Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 11:51:02 PM

When Ethereum was finally released to the public, quite a few people had high expectations of this platform and the associated digital currency called “Ether.”  However, ever since the launch itself, it became clear that it would take quite a bit of tweaking and prodding to get Ethereum running on most computers.  Quite a shame for a project that raised millions of USD in investment capital, yet failed to deliver a user-friendly piece of technology.

Crypto media sources rarely do their homework. The article is a joke.

It's been clearly stated over and over...
That Frontier is ONLY for professional Devs and highly-computer literate hobbyists...
Frontier is deliberately designed to be very hard to run by an average person...
(eg, you have to install python, build the genesis block, run a console, etc).

"This is “no user interface to speak of” command line country, and you will be
expected to be quite expert in the whole Ethereum world model, as well as to
have substantial mastery of the tools at your disposal."

https://blog.ethereum.org/2015/03/03/ethereum-launch-process/

Is that clear? It's the plan... not incompetence like XMR.

It's waaaaay better for ETH to have 1,000 Devs on the system than 10,000 noobs...
Frontier is only for professional Devs to build and test... and traders to move ETH around.

All sorts of bugs and lost money are EXPECTED...
And ETH will be rapidly debugged with so many Devs on the system.

A user-friendly release called Homestead is in the works... followed by idiot-proof Metropolis.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: