Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 06:46:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Your IP HAS SOME EVIL POINTS?  (Read 3003 times)
Aku (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 09:48:12 PM

what is this is it some kind of joke ? EVIL?seriously.I was told to pay some kind of fee to remove the evil spirit from my IP ,i wonder how do evil spirits knew about bitcoin Huh
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 09:53:38 PM

it means someone with that IP was banned before. it's very common if you use proxy or tor. might also happen if you have a shared IP.
Aku (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 09:57:39 PM

it means someone with that IP was banned before. it's very common if you use proxy or tor. might also happen if you have a shared IP.
well ok i can understand that but what about fees? it was never my fault though.i dont care to give away some coins but the reason is i am being fined for nothing.
Ghris

Activity: 356
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 10:03:23 PM

Smells like you are being scammed or whatever. Don't pay shit to anyone if asked.
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

hee-ho.

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 10:12:36 PM

well ok i can understand that but what about fees? it was never my fault though.i dont care to give away some coins but the reason is i am being fined for nothing.

without that spammers can create a new account every time they got banned.
generally the fees are very small (about 10k satoshi) unless you're using tor or proxy.
unholycactus
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2015, 10:13:53 PM

Smells like you are being scammed or whatever. Don't pay shit to anyone if asked.

I assume OP is talking about the fee you have to pay to use Bitcointalk if your IP is blacklisted.
That feature was implemented to combat spammers among other things.
giustone

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 10:14:02 PM

You can use a proxy or tor browser to acces banned ip sites.
Download tor,wait to configure and surf anonymous on the internet.
Don't pay for shit services.

--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

hee-ho.

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 10:17:00 PM

You can use a proxy or tor browser to acces banned ip sites.
Download tor,wait to configure and surf anonymous on the internet.
Don't pay for shit services.

except we're not talking about that...  Tongue read unholycactus' post above yours for clarification.
Hexcoin

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 03:47:59 AM

AFAIK your IP is used by someone who got banned here or maybe did something "evil" thats why you can see that message
steven.G999

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 04:28:02 AM

If you want to use that account just pay the fee. It's not more than a dust for normal people (unless you are super poor).
zeraTunerse

Activity: 546

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 04:33:15 AM

IP Ban: Someone from that IP was Banned or you are using IP that is Blacklisted by Bitcointalk.org Server.
You Need to pay a dust of bitcoins to get enable to your account , i guess the fine is not more than few days faucet earning.
If your account is at-least Jr.Member i consider , you should Pay the Fine , else just head away and change your IP and make a new Fresh account.
steven.G999

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 04:40:53 AM

IP Ban: Someone from that IP was Banned or you are using IP that is Blacklisted by Bitcointalk.org Server.
You Need to pay a dust of bitcoins to get enable to your account , i guess the fine is not more than few days faucet earning.
If your account is at-least Jr.Member i consider , you should Pay the Fine , else just head away and change your IP and make a new Fresh account.

It's a brand new account if he didn't pay the fee. It's impossible the new created account to be Jr. Member. This restriction message comes to you when you first sign-up with an IP that has evil points already.
The Last Choice

Activity: 504

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2015, 06:13:52 AM

just pay the bill and use another proxy to avoid it, when you start to make a new account again Wink
ingiltere
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 1504

Rollbit.com Crypto Futures

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 07:05:13 AM

just pay the bill and use another proxy to avoid it, when you start to make a new account again Wink

If he uses another proxy then he will see different amount of evil points depending on previous users. You can't avoid evil points when you use any proxy service.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Aku (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 07:16:57 AM

well yeah of course i use tor/proxy whats the point if i am not being anonymous ???and plus as i already said i dont care to give away some coins but "you are charging someone who is innocent"
british

Activity: 34

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 07:27:03 AM

happened to me too ..i gave like 20k satoshies and was told that i have 4.7 evil points....Lmao
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

hee-ho.

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 01:55:29 PM

well yeah of course i use tor/proxy whats the point if i am not being anonymous ???and plus as i already said i dont care to give away some coins but "you are charging someone who is innocent"

no way to know that on the internet, I'm afraid. not like the forum can single out innocents from evils when they're using the same IP.  Roll Eyes
Aku (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 05:48:51 PM

no way to know that on the internet, I'm afraid. not like the forum can single out innocents from evils when they're using the same IP.  Roll Eyes
well this is the most common thing that happens when using proxies ...someone once used some IP 1 gazillion years ago and scammed someone ..so whoever joins through that IP has to be fined ?its ok if it sounds right to you.
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 10:00:20 PM

I assume OP is talking about the fee you have to pay to use Bitcointalk if your IP is blacklisted.

I didn't even know such a thing (feature) existed. Is there a post somewhere detailing this information? Not that I expect to need it, just this post aroused my curiosity on how/why it was implemented.
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

hee-ho.

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 10:45:45 PM

I didn't even know such a thing (feature) existed. Is there a post somewhere detailing this information? Not that I expect to need it, just this post aroused my curiosity on how/why it was implemented.

couldn't find any "official" thread about it. but there's an explanation posted by theymos here.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: