Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 09:12:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Your IP HAS SOME EVIL POINTS?  (Read 3003 times)
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 11:11:53 PM

Smells like you are being scammed or whatever. Don't pay shit to anyone if asked.

I assume OP is talking about the fee you have to pay to use Bitcointalk if your IP is blacklisted.
That feature was implemented to combat spammers among other things.

I didn't even know such a thing (feature) existed. Is there a post somewhere detailing this information? Not that I expect to need it, just this post aroused my curiosity on how/why it was implemented.

couldn't find any "official" thread about it. but there's an explanation posted by theymos here.
That basically concludes this thread. In short this is the system invented by mods to ban newbies and people who created many accounts using one IP. It includes fun factor 'evil units'.
Evil Units are nothing more than 'price list' you need to pay forum in case your IP is banned. It is not usually big money but couple of satoshis.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 11:39:50 PM

Smells like you are being scammed or whatever. Don't pay shit to anyone if asked.

I assume OP is talking about the fee you have to pay to use Bitcointalk if your IP is blacklisted.
That feature was implemented to combat spammers among other things.

I didn't even know such a thing (feature) existed. Is there a post somewhere detailing this information? Not that I expect to need it, just this post aroused my curiosity on how/why it was implemented.

couldn't find any "official" thread about it. but there's an explanation posted by theymos here.
That basically concludes this thread. In short this is the system invented by mods to ban newbies and people who created many accounts using one IP. It includes fun factor 'evil units'.
Evil Units are nothing more than 'price list' you need to pay forum in case your IP is banned. It is not usually big money but couple of satoshis.

It is really not a bad thing to have either.  It prevents someone from using one IP and spamming over and over.  They have to at least switch IP's.

No system is perfect.  If you live in shared residence or sharing a proxy it could cause it.  But overall its a good thing.
Aku (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 09:39:28 AM

well it is a good thing if it is a couple of satohi ,but it is not .
just imagine a completely new user found  about BTCtalk.org and wanted to enroll after signing up he is told that he is having 30 evil points and pay 0.003 btc Huh?..r u kidding .
british

Activity: 34

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 09:27:30 AM

It happened to me ,i was told that my IP has 115 evil points and to pay 0.0049 i just left that account .
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2015, 11:24:32 AM

well yeah of course i use tor/proxy whats the point if i am not being anonymous ???and plus as i already said i dont care to give away some coins but "you are charging someone who is innocent"

no way to know that on the internet, I'm afraid. not like the forum can single out innocents from evils when they're using the same IP.  Roll Eyes
well this is the most common thing that happens when using proxies ...someone once used some IP 1 gazillion years ago and scammed someone ..so whoever joins through that IP has to be fined ?its ok if it sounds right to you.

It reduces over time.

Most forums would ban it outright, here you have an option at least.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
futurebit640

Activity: 910

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 05:03:47 PM

When you register, the IP that you used when you submitted the registration form is used to calculate your evilness. The more frequently this IP or its neighbors were banned, the more evil is associated with your account. The amount of evil associated with an IP decays slowly over time, but the amount of evil associated with an account does not. You must pay or be manually whitelisted to enable posting on one of these "banned" accounts.

Here are some stats:

Evil% new users
0-135
1-104.4
10-200.80
20-502.2
50-1001.3
100+2.9

Currently each unit of evil requires a payment of 4023 satoshi. You only need to pay something if you have 1 or more, though.
peligro

Activity: 593
Merit: 500

1NoBanksLuJPXf8Sc831fPqjrRpkQPKkEA

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 12:14:25 PM

No, that is no scam. That is when you register a new account on bitcointalk and you use an ip that was previously banned. That only should ensure that a scammer or spammer isn't simply creating the next account and starts over.

With the fee it costs a bit and might make it not worth anymore to scam or spam.
guitarplinker
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2015, 02:59:32 PM

No, that is no scam. That is when you register a new account on bitcointalk and you use an ip that was previously banned. That only should ensure that a scammer or spammer isn't simply creating the next account and starts over.

With the fee it costs a bit and might make it not worth anymore to scam or spam.
Scams aren't moderated here, so scammers aren't banned (unless they're breaking forum rules, but more often than not they don't break the rules of the forum).

If my understanding is correct, the fee is in place to prevent spammers and trolls to come back to the forum and continue breaking rules. To do so, they'd have to send a little bitcoin to the website, and that wouldn't be worth the time of some who've been banned. Like BadBear said though, it's better than a full IP ban, especially if you decide to use the website over Tor or a public VPN.
peligro

Activity: 593
Merit: 500

1NoBanksLuJPXf8Sc831fPqjrRpkQPKkEA

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 01:47:17 PM

Scams aren't moderated here, so scammers aren't banned (unless they're breaking forum rules, but more often than not they don't break the rules of the forum).

If my understanding is correct, the fee is in place to prevent spammers and trolls to come back to the forum and continue breaking rules. To do so, they'd have to send a little bitcoin to the website, and that wouldn't be worth the time of some who've been banned. Like BadBear said though, it's better than a full IP ban, especially if you decide to use the website over Tor or a public VPN.

But the bad karma is all about IP's that was used by banned or even nuked users. The ip's they used will get bad karma and everyone trying to register with such an ip will have to pay for using it. That way it will get expensive to scam or spam.

And yes, there are accounts nuked not seldom. Which means the account including all posts will be killed.
Aku (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 07:33:27 PM

But the bad karma is all about IP's that was used by banned or even nuked users. The ip's they used will get bad karma and everyone trying to register with such an ip will have to pay for using it. That way it will get expensive to scam or spam.

And yes, there are accounts nuked not seldom. Which means the account including all posts will be killed.
not neccessrily , all the TOR  ip's are banned or blocked ..i mean under evil ..
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 07:41:39 PM

Yep, as some people have said before, Evil Points are accumulated when your IP (Usually through a proxy or tor) has been banned before. The idea behind it, is that individuals that want to remain anonymous are barely penalized. Its designed to be an amount that someone could obtain from faucets in a short amount of time. For that reason, its barely noticeable for individuals who want to have 1 or 2 accounts. It does however discourage people from making thousands of accounts. In short, it blocks spammers and is barely noticeable for individuals.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2015, 09:35:03 PM

In short, it blocks spammers and is barely noticeable for individuals.

And if they do, it makes a small contribution to the costs of cleaning it up.

Aku (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 05:41:23 AM

you might want to stressss the word SMALL

http://imgur.com/5Hg8bCR
british

Activity: 34

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 02:52:12 PM

you might want to stressss the word SMALL

http://imgur.com/5Hg8bCR
my gosh .. too small.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: