Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 12:32:04 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If bitcoin forks to XT, the price will start declining  (Read 3751 times)
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2015, 02:13:22 PM

Not worth holding btc at all right now, to much risk with this xt nonsense......

This is essentially what just happened https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJdKDqGOhv0

And what eventually might happen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oi97fXRkgss
Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1013

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2015, 02:21:21 PM

Not worth holding btc at all right now, to much risk with this xt nonsense......

This is essentially what just happened https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJdKDqGOhv0

And what eventually might happen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oi97fXRkgss

In the meantime, this happens as if nothing happened: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRL3Hxi2LrI

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2015, 02:32:24 PM
Last edit: August 16, 2015, 02:58:39 PM by ElectricMucus

In the meantime, this happens as if nothing happened: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRL3Hxi2LrI

http://www.citylab.com/politics/2012/08/anti-environmentalist-roots-agenda-21-conspiracy-theory/3091/
http://www.quackwatch.org/03HealthPromotion/fluoride.html

And because you probably won't pay any attention to it because you are following this retard, a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL2L85-ZaZ8
Since you seem somewhat serious about the bullshit, once you got a clean piece of mind: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3TPeijF9Jc

Oh and yes I actually listened to this schizophrenic crank too.
Hyena
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2015, 10:38:11 PM
Last edit: August 16, 2015, 10:51:20 PM by Hyena

If you knew anything about the inner workings of the pineal gland you would know that flouride gets stuck around it and makes it dysfunctional.

And because you probably won't pay any attention to it because you are following this retard, a video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL2L85-ZaZ8
This is a good video indeed. Especially I like AJ's black helicopter paranoia. It's hilarious.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bg4GvL0mHX4

Since you seem somewhat serious about the bullshit, once you got a clean piece of mind: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3TPeijF9Jc

Oh and yes I actually listened to this schizophrenic crank too.

Enough of AJ. I follow him because he's funny and he generally talks the truth while making it sound entertaining. I also like Rusty Shackleford (Dale Gribble) from the King of the Hill show. Are you going to ridicule me now based on a fictional cartoon character? It would be kind of dumb. Do your own research. Don't follow just any single source of information. I've done my research, have you?

edit:
that last video was actually very good in a sense that is shows that AJ is not just ranting and raving about conspiracy theories but he can actually defend his position against mainstream criticism and he does it really well.

goosoodude

Activity: 584
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 11:17:49 PM

Can't wait for the split so that I can cash out my xt monopoly money. So does everybody else. Like it or not, xt is dead before being born Kiss

Actually there's a rule in XT stating that XT (with larger blocks) won't be "activated" unless over 75% of the network is behind it, meaning that running XT
until that day is the same as running core.

And in the event of activation, it would automatically mean that 2/3 are on XT and that means it wouldn't be "monopoly money" as you claim.
imho either option is fine, and the real "worst case scenario" is having a battle within the community, which could lower bitcoin value, regardless of the fork in question.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2015, 03:59:18 AM

Can't wait for the split so that I can cash out my xt monopoly money. So does everybody else. Like it or not, xt is dead before being born Kiss

Actually there's a rule in XT stating that XT (with larger blocks) won't be "activated" unless over 75% of the network is behind it, meaning that running XT
until that day is the same as running core.

And in the event of activation, it would automatically mean that 2/3 are on XT and that means it wouldn't be "monopoly money" as you claim.
imho either option is fine, and the real "worst case scenario" is having a battle within the community, which could lower bitcoin value, regardless of the fork in question.

That "rule in XT" is being hacked to pieces.  "In the event of activation" it may mean nothing more than the malicious Gavinista minority is about to get #REKT.

Source:

This is a special fork for those who do not agree with the blocksize scheduled increase as proposed by Gavin and Mike in their divisive altcoin fork, "Bitcoin XT".

This version can be used to protect the status quo until real technical consensus is formed about the blocksize.

This version is indistinguishable from Bitcoin XT 0.11A except that it will not actually hard fork to BIP101, yet appears on the p2p network as Bitcoin XT 0.11A replete with features, yet at a consensus level behaves just like Bitcoin Core 0.11. If it is used to mine, it will produce XT block versions without actually supporting >1MB blocks.

Running this version and/or mining with XT block versions will make it impossible for the Bitcoin XT network to detect the correct switchover and cause a premature fork of anyone foolish enough to support BIP101 without wide consensus from the technical community.

It prevents correct detection of Bitcoin XT adoption in the wild since usage will be known to have been tampered with and thus all statistical data gathered by getnodes can only be considered unreliable.

https://github.com/xtbit/notbitcoinxt#not-bitcoin-xt

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 04:03:31 AM

There's little chance that the eventual forking will have impact on the price, and i believe that (atleast for a certain period of time) it will be negative one.
The main reason for my concern is the timeframe between the time that XT activates, and >1mb block makes chains different, and the time services and exchanges
find a solution to this issue.

I don't think that the fork with affect the price of bitcoin. The are to many other factors that will affect this but not the fork. the fork will disappear to fast to be remembered and everything will be only story. To be told when it will be another fork. 

fork it and get it over with !!!!!

im sick to the teeth of these doomsday  threads .......every cou[ple of months for nearly 7 years ive heard every possible sky is falling ,get out now etc

if anyone  has enough money and power to  crash the network ,they would have done it by now ,its well designed but let them try already .........#

wtf are they waiting for ......
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2015, 07:42:08 AM

Enough of AJ. I follow him because he's funny and he generally talks the truth while making it sound entertaining. I also like Rusty Shackleford (Dale Gribble) from the King of the Hill show. Are you going to ridicule me now based on a fictional cartoon character? It would be kind of dumb. Do your own research. Don't follow just any single source of information. I've done my research, have you?

edit:
that last video was actually very good in a sense that is shows that AJ is not just ranting and raving about conspiracy theories but he can actually defend his position against mainstream criticism and he does it really well.

lol, that impression was done really nice.
So you also watched the interview video, and jet you still agree with Alex Jones's positions. There is where your problem is, you don't arrive at sane conclusions if you remain with that conspiratorial mindset. Seriously stop listening to him, even if you do it for entertainment it isn't good for you. You may have taken the first step but you still believe everything that Alex Jones is about. Look up a conspiracy theory on rationallwiki.org every once in a while and look at the quoted sources. At first it will probably offend you, but once you are looking at the information form a more rationalist perspective you realize that much of the talking points in the conspiracy theory scene are conjecture and projection of a certain mindset, not facts.

[/OT]
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 07:50:02 AM
Last edit: August 17, 2015, 08:31:43 AM by hdbuck

no fork, xt is just another alt.

adios usgavin-herngle.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2015, 08:29:08 AM

Bitcoin already forked once.

Remember what happened to the price?

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Hyena
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2015, 10:28:40 AM

lol, that impression was done really nice.
So you also watched the interview video, and jet you still agree with Alex Jones's positions. There is where your problem is, you don't arrive at sane conclusions if you remain with that conspiratorial mindset. Seriously stop listening to him, even if you do it for entertainment it isn't good for you. You may have taken the first step but you still believe everything that Alex Jones is about. Look up a conspiracy theory on rationallwiki.org every once in a while and look at the quoted sources. At first it will probably offend you, but once you are looking at the information form a more rationalist perspective you realize that much of the talking points in the conspiracy theory scene are conjecture and projection of a certain mindset, not facts.

[/OT]

So what you are saying is that I cannot arrive to sane conclusions and I have a problem. Yet here I am, master of science in software engineering, bought into bitcoin when it was 4$, passed a psychological test with the highest possible score when obtaining a gun ownership licence. But wait a second, all of it makes perfect sense according to this.

You must understand that Alex Jones is an actor and he's damn good at playing the role of a madman with the twist of actually telling the truth while appearing as crazy. I cannot confirm that all of AJ's statements are backed by solid proof because I haven't personally checked them all, but the ones that I have checked are in alignment with what he says.

The bottom line is, you must do your own neutral research, use common sense and be open minded no matter how crazy the facts might sound. Often times there is no truth and lie opposition but instead a truth and truth opposition which is why general population is unable to come to a consensus.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 02:56:17 PM
Last edit: August 17, 2015, 06:55:02 PM by Amph

if you're talking about the 2013 fork, nothing really happened, there was a minor dump after the 230 peak, but it started before the fork so it's not sure if it was cause by the fork or what
balu2

Activity: 742

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 03:46:47 PM

There's little chance that the eventual forking will have impact on the price, and i believe that (atleast for a certain period of time) it will be negative one.
The main reason for my concern is the timeframe between the time that XT activates, and >1mb block makes chains different, and the time services and exchanges
find a solution to this issue.

I know i'd dump on Gavincoin adoption. And i mean take a dump on the market like never before and not buying back in later. I know others would too so i think a meltdown is a safe bet upon Gavincoin adoption which i think is unlikely.

But i am watching the situation closely and i will make sure to dump my coins before xt nodes ever reach 75%. I honestly don't think it'll happen though. I think Gavin and Mike are clowns and epic failures.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2015, 03:58:44 PM

if you're talking about the 2013 fork, nothign really happened, there was a minor dump after the 230 peak, but it started before the fork so it's not sure if it was cause by the fork or what

Yep, lasted about half a day then rose quickly after that.

And that was an unexpected fork. Imagine how easy the transition will be when we can pretty much watch it happen down to the hour.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
xeretix

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 04:21:46 PM

if you're talking about the 2013 fork, nothign really happened, there was a minor dump after the 230 peak, but it started before the fork so it's not sure if it was cause by the fork or what

Yep, lasted about half a day then rose quickly after that.

And that was an unexpected fork. Imagine how easy the transition will be when we can pretty much watch it happen down to the hour.

No one was against the last hard fork.  This one's gonna be different.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 08:27:57 PM

Well it's hard not to imagine that all this turmoil doesn't influence the investors and their confidence, so the decline in price is normal, even now. Not to mention if real fork is to happen.

However I hope that the XT fork will never happen. I hope that the bigger blocks will be implemented in the core as soon as possible or at least when the core people see that the fork is inevitable.

Anyways, considering all the options, I wouldn't be surprised if we continue going further down.
MF Doom

Activity: 560

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 10:01:59 PM

Well it's hard not to imagine that all this turmoil doesn't influence the investors and their confidence, so the decline in price is normal, even now. Not to mention if real fork is to happen.

However I hope that the XT fork will never happen. I hope that the bigger blocks will be implemented in the core as soon as possible or at least when the core people see that the fork is inevitable.

Anyways, considering all the options, I wouldn't be surprised if we continue going further down.

Be prapared to be attacked by the perma-bulls on here...

I think the same thing, a shake up like this is bound to drop the price, if only temporarily until things are straightened out.  Thats just how btc works, anyone whos followed the price for a while knows price can be swund on news stories alone, even 10-15% in any given day.  I'm sitting out for now, fairly certain there will be cheaper coins on the way...
rjclarke2000
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1016

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 10:31:14 PM

Ok, I am purely a hodler here so be gentle with me......

What is wrong with everyone going over to XT?

My limited understanding is that In years to come 1mb block size won't do if it heads towards mass adoption and transactions increase dramatically.

Why stay at 1mb? What's the good thing about staying at 1mb blocks and staying with core?

Again, I just hold my bitcoins so explain in a simple way please.
Alley
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 10:41:40 PM

I believe the issue is the devs behind XT.  If core devs would release a upgrade to 8mb everybody would be on board.  But they want to stay as is so they can make money off lightning networks.  Or so I heard.
PolarPoint

Activity: 672

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 11:03:47 PM

I do not think there will ever be a "XT fork".

If there is a 75% majority running XT, what would Core devs do? Nothing and let XT fork bitcoin leaving Core fork struggles to find hashrate to mine blocks with high difficulty? I think when there is a clear majority, the minority will have to adopt the protocol of the majority. If XT wins the majority, Core has to change, if Core wins, XT remains a alt client.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: