Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 10:01:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What ever happened to BREAKOUTCOIN (BRO? Was it finally confirmed to be a scam?  (Read 2412 times)
J9901 (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 09:47:49 AM

ANN is here devoid of any activity since the BCT hack since thread was closed.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=808648.0

Slack is private with no ways of getting an invitation. Website is still down.

There was supposed to be some announcement in August and with 2 weeks left in the month and absolutely no activity, its looking pretty bleak.

Scam? Right?
BlockChainr

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 12:35:07 AM

They closed the official thread on bitcointalk.org because of the hacking issues & moved to Slack.com, there's lot of recent activity on Slack right now.

Their last announcement from BreakoutCoin says:

"Please register at https://brocoin.slack.com/signup or send me a pm with your email for an invitation"

Quote from: BreakoutCoin link=topic=808648.msg11471042#msg11471042

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Due to the recent hacking on bitcointalk.org, all conversations will be moved to Slack and this thread closed.

Please register at https://brocoin.slack.com/signup or send me a pm with your email for an invitation.

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 06:48:08 AM

They closed the official thread on bitcointalk.org

tldr; yes confirmed to be a scam.
J9901 (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 11:26:10 AM

They closed the official thread on bitcointalk.org because of the hacking issues & moved to Slack.com, there's lot of recent activity on Slack right now.

Their last announcement from BreakoutCoin says:

"Please register at https://brocoin.slack.com/signup or send me a pm with your email for an invitation"

Quote from: BreakoutCoin link=topic=808648.msg11471042#msg11471042

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Due to the recent hacking on bitcointalk.org, all conversations will be moved to Slack and this thread closed.

Please register at https://brocoin.slack.com/signup or send me a pm with your email for an invitation.

You say there's alot of activity on Slack? why dont they share progress on their website? also theres no way to register for the slack on that link. says invites only.
sportfan

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 11:56:32 AM

yeah confirmed Sad
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 12:38:24 PM

This BREAKOUTCOIN thing walks, talks, and looks like a scam, so it's most likely a scam indeed. Actually their marketing looks pretty similar to Neucoin, therefore I think it belongs to the "Paycoin school". I hope you not invested (or at least not in vested too much) into this coin.
J9901 (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 02:54:52 PM

nah. Didnt invest in it, but was legitimately waiting for it to go live and see if it would deliver. tbh, it was one of the more 'promising' coins announced early this year so I was planning on watching it.

How was it confirmed to be a scam though? I mean, is anybody here part of the slack can confirm the inactivity?
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 03:00:42 PM

How was it confirmed to be a scam though?

Shuffling everyone off to a walled garden and locking the thread leaving no independent forum is a scam tactic, both on its face and as a pattern of behavior exhibited by scams in general.
statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 03:59:41 PM

Shuffling everyone off to a walled garden and locking the thread leaving no independent forum is a scam tactic, both on its face and as a pattern of behavior exhibited by scams in general.

I agree. They should have never closed the official thread or stopped responding to members. Although I'm in the Slack, I've been extremely disappointed on this point. Also, I was promised a refund then stopped getting replies.

Still, it seems like some progress is now happening.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███████████████████████ █
█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █████ █
█ █████             █████ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
  ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
jibble

Activity: 924

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 05:02:46 AM

I am in the slack and have actually used the software they have been creating.

There is work behind the scenes even thou sometimes there is long periods of time without answers. more recently it has been more frequent with details and development of certain aspects .

They first used the excuse of all their PR accounts being compromised by the hack of user details from bitcointalk, dunno how true it is cos i wasn't there with em. might of been the fact that relaying information from 2 whole different websites with different logins was causing delays in communication for weeks at a time  Cheesy

Wont give a time estimate could be off by 6 months Tongue

they are real legit people trying to build a legit project i just think their lack of first stage funding snowballed into an uncontrollable mess,they, focusing solely on funding options thru other revenues rather than spending that time working their asses off cutting costs and getting the basic frame work of the company/business/coin running and having it financially producing. 

vennali
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1081

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 05:24:50 AM

There is work behind the scenes even thou sometimes there is long periods of time without answers. more recently it has been more frequent with details and development of certain aspects .

Thats only so that the developers don't feel bad about scamming. But its easy to deduce it was a scam just like many other ICO's

jibble

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 03:11:08 PM

Thats only so that the developers don't feel bad about scamming. But its easy to deduce it was a scam just like many other ICO's

yeah cos that's what scammers usually do , develop software for 6 months plus, just so they wont feel bad....... Roll Eyes
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 03:54:21 PM

yeah cos that's what scammers usually do , develop software for 6 months plus, just so they wont feel bad....... Roll Eyes

The knowledge that breakoutcoin wasn't an intentional scam, but incompetence on customer care, and lack of communication skills, surely going to make easier to swallow losses for all of those who bought in Roll Eyes.
jibble

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 04:35:19 PM

The knowledge that breakoutcoin wasn't an intentional scam, but incompetence on customer care, and lack of communication skills, surely going to make easier to swallow losses for all of those who bought in Roll Eyes.

I wrote off this investment more than 6 months ago.

I invest in IPO's because mathematically over a prolonged period of time , say 6-12 months, mathematically you are in profit over the whole term, Check it out analyse any 6-12 month period of crypto history and if you invested in every single ipo in that time period you would be in profit.

It's mathematics , i end up in profit for very little actual work.

I have been physically present for a large majority of the time , i was offering my opinion, i don't give a shit about a few bitcoins from many months back . someone asked if anyone was on the slack, or had seen anything, and i have personally played on their platform and been around for many many months . This is all the evidence i was using to inform people my opinion of the situation.

which scam developers do you know that have gotten as much money as they could by an IPO and then spent time AFTER they got the free money spending that money on coding and development and beta testing software? it's not a typical scammer behavior

scammers by their nature are lazy and will do the minimum of work for the largest reward , why develop the software and spend thousands of dollars developing it and getting people to beta it, after they had already gotten as much money as they could out of everyone?

what so what you mean to say is they scammed everyone with an IPO and then decided to hang around and waste loads of that free money on development instead of just running off?!?!?!?!?!?!  

I have no emotional attachment to the money i put into this thing, it has been far to long to give a shit . I have been around and observed and contributed in many ways throughout the entire development and stalls and paperwork and shit like that. This is my opinion , not to be confused with fact, or to have some random psychological reflection of emotion bullshit projected onto my words.

J9901 (OP)

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 11:35:38 AM

Well. Sucks to hear.

Will probably hear something about breakoutcoin in the next year, but for now.

S.C.A.M. confirmed.  Cool
foxkyu

Activity: 938

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 11:39:54 AM

Well. Sucks to hear.

Will probably hear something about breakoutcoin in the next year, but for now.

S.C.A.M. confirmed.  Cool
im glad i didn't join their ico
back then i want to join their ico, but i decided not to join their ico.
now im happy i didn't lost my btc Smiley
techbytes
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 06:36:33 PM

What else is new in crypto?  Every devs are guilty until proven innocent.  I invested and just sitting back and wait it out...

-tb-

J9901 (OP)

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 03:14:18 PM

What else is new in crypto?  Every devs are guilty until proven innocent.  I invested and just sitting back and wait it out...

-tb-

lol. dont hold your breath.

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
SockPuppetAccount

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

MiG Messenger - earn while chatting

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2015, 03:49:42 AM

I agree. They should have never closed the official thread or stopped responding to members. Although I'm in the Slack, I've been extremely disappointed on this point. Also, I was promised a refund then stopped getting replies.

Still, it seems like some progress is now happening.

Progress?  You mean on getting a refund or development of the breakout platform?  When's the last time anyone has given an update in the slack?

I pretty much wrote this off as a loss but if there is any information we don't know please let us in on the details.  I never joined the slack and their communication has been such shit from the get go that I doubt it is even worth trying to at this point.

I know there was a real team behind this thing and they legitimately got endorsements from poker pros so I'm going to assume it wasn't an outright scam per se, they probably had good intentions at the start.  I assume what happened is that they didn't raise nearly enough BTC to get this thing off the ground so rather than admit it wasn't going to work, they recklessly blew through all our funds trying to lay the groundwork while crossing their fingers someone would come along and throw them a few million dollars to finish the project.  I can sympathize up to a point because when you really wrap your head around the immense amount of complexity and legal red tape they were going to have to go through to develop and launch this platform, it's a project that is on a much larger scale than most in crypto.  Still, they should have been more honest about these things and not been so quick to gamble away the funds we gave them on a long shot.  They certainly could have had better communication with us as well.
J9901 (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 11:16:58 PM

^ in other words, SCAM.  Grin
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: