Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:30:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My doubt about signing bitcoin sign message.  (Read 2953 times)
letyouearn (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 09:49:37 AM

I am using an old address 1BPFKnxAENaxp26g8QbWKUWMuedRo5ZjDY from many years and now in 2015 January  , I got my new Samsung Mobile Phone. So, I have pair my blockchain online wallet with my Samsung Mobile where I installed blockchain android wallet.

From that day , I am always using it on only my phone by setting up a PIN CODE for apps. I didn't access it on my Pc a single time as I can do transactions easily from my android blockchain wallet.

Because of continuous use of Blockchain android wallet on my phone , I have forgot my main password now. But, I can still access above btc address .

So, my question is :

If anyone lost his old and main btc address access . Is that member indicated as a alt of any scammer member or he didn't own that btc address . ?

Now I want to change my regular use btc address. But members here ask for old unedited btc address with a signed message.

I can show and prove in any way that I was using that btc address .

Plz clarify my doubt , what to do with this matter.

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
..CPLAY - IDO.████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L 
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
lottery248
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1005

beware of your keys.

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 09:53:15 AM

i don't sure.
address could not figure out a person.
the blockchain online wallet could be backed up if you have an email address.

out of ability to use the signature, i want a new ban strike policy that will fade the strike after 90~120 days of the ban and not to be traced back, like google | email me for anything urgent, message will possibly not be instantly responded
i am not really active for some reason
letyouearn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 10:05:54 AM

i don't sure.

How it can be backed up if you don't have a passphrase saved or main password. From the day of using Android wallet , I never think of those and continued using it.

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
ajareselde
Legendary

Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 10:32:50 AM

i don't sure.

How it can be backed up if you don't have a passphrase saved or main password. From the day of using Android wallet , I never think of those and continued using it.

I'm not using android wallets because i question the safety of having my funds in a such mobile wallet, but if you can still use funds from your address, you can
prove ownership by sending a prearranged dust amount to the person you want to prove ownership. Similar to what pp/skrill is using when verifying credit/debit cards.
btw you could also contact blockchain support with your issue https://blockchain.zendesk.com/home

cheers
letyouearn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 10:50:17 AM

i don't sure.

I'm not using android wallets because i question the safety of having my funds in a such mobile wallet, but if you can still use funds from your address, you can
prove ownership by sending a prearranged dust amount to the person you want to prove ownership. Similar to what pp/skrill is using when verifying credit/debit cards.
btw you could also contact blockchain support with your issue https://blockchain.zendesk.com/home

cheers

Can I make any announcement or anything that I want to change my personal btc address for receiving funds.

Because members only ask for old btc address signed message only.

And as you said, I can do that but I cannot send small small amount to every person who ask me for signed message. For this issue, I am willing to open a new blockchain wallet and keep the passphrase and everything needed to recover. So that I can sign a mesaage from that new address only forever.

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 2339

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 12:02:43 PM

You should have backed up a Mnemonic when you first created your wallet. You can use this to recover your BC.I password.

In theory, your phone should also be storing your password that is decrypted anytime that you enter your PIN on the BC.I app, so you theoretically could get your password from your phone as well, although this would probably require a decent amount of technical know how that the average user probably wouldn't be able to do. 

My understanding is that you are able to send btc "from" a certain address of your choice on the BC.I app, so if you wanted to prove that you controlled a certain private key associated with your account then you could send a small, predetermined amount "from" the address whose private key you claim to have/control.

You should also stop using BC.I as heavily as you do as web wallets are far inferior to other wallet options available as they are much more susceptible to loss and theft.

You should also not reuse addresses as a rule because of the loss of privacy that you incur when you do, along with the loss of privacy of anyone that trades with you (among other reasons)
BurgerKill

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 01:26:52 PM

Can I make any announcement or anything that I want to change my personal btc address for receiving funds.

Because members only ask for old btc address signed message only.

And as you said, I can do that but I cannot send small small amount to every person who ask me for signed message. For this issue, I am willing to open a new blockchain wallet and keep the passphrase and everything needed to recover. So that I can sign a mesaage from that new address only forever.

Ask someone with high trust (e.g. QS, monbux, TBZ, or someone like that) to send you 0.0001BTC to that address, and then send it back to them. If that transaction works out then they can vouch for you and we won't need a signed message.
letyouearn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 01:31:11 PM

You should have backed up a Mnemonic when you first created your wallet. You can use this to recover your BC.I password.

In theory, your phone should also be storing your password that is decrypted anytime that you enter your PIN on the BC.I app, so you theoretically could get your password from your phone as well, although this would probably require a decent amount of technical know how that the average user probably wouldn't be able to do. 

My understanding is that you are able to send btc "from" a certain address of your choice on the BC.I app, so if you wanted to prove that you controlled a certain private key associated with your account then you could send a small, predetermined amount "from" the address whose private key you claim to have/control.

You should also stop using BC.I as heavily as you do as web wallets are far inferior to other wallet options available as they are much more susceptible to loss and theft.

You should also not reuse addresses as a rule because of the loss of privacy that you incur when you do, along with the loss of privacy of anyone that trades with you (among other reasons)

Can you pm me the Full Procedure step by step how to recover the password from the phone. Also please send me the 0.0001 or 0.0002 btc to my bitcoin address and i will send you back the same to prove the ownership of my bitcoin address. Also vouch for me that I am the only owner of above btc address. 

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 01:35:14 PM

you wouldn't be having a hard time right now if you had asked the loan to be sent to that address, .
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 2339

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 01:39:28 PM

Can you pm me the Full Procedure step by step how to recover the password from the phone. Also please send me the 0.0001 or 0.0002 btc to my bitcoin address and i will send you back the same to prove the ownership of my bitcoin address. Also vouch for me that I am the only owner of above btc address. 
As I mentioned, it is only a theory that you can get your password from your phone. It would also most likely involve doing things that are somewhat technically advanced.

Unfortunately, I do not have any funds earmarked for sending micro transactions to other users for the purpose of confirming they control an address they claim to so they can take out a loan that I have no interest in making.
letyouearn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 01:41:42 PM

you wouldn't be having a hard time right now if you had asked the loan to be sent to that address, .

What you want to say ? Be more specific bro. I don't understand what you have said.

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 01:47:47 PM

What you want to say ? Be more specific bro. I don't understand what you have said.

people wouldn't have asked you to sign a message from that address when you want the btc to be sent to that address.
jl2012
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1097

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 01:51:28 PM

I am using an old address 1BPFKnxAENaxp26g8QbWKUWMuedRo5ZjDY from many years and now in 2015 January  , I got my new Samsung Mobile Phone. So, I have pair my blockchain online wallet with my Samsung Mobile where I installed blockchain android wallet.

From that day , I am always using it on only my phone by setting up a PIN CODE for apps. I didn't access it on my Pc a single time as I can do transactions easily from my android blockchain wallet.

Because of continuous use of Blockchain android wallet on my phone , I have forgot my main password now. But, I can still access above btc address .

So, my question is :

If anyone lost his old and main btc address access . Is that member indicated as a alt of any scammer member or he didn't own that btc address . ?

Now I want to change my regular use btc address. But members here ask for old unedited btc address with a signed message.

You shouldn't lose any address because you are supposed to backup your private key, don't you?

If you want to change your address, you can sign the following message with your old address:

The (new address) is exclusively controlled by the holder of (old address). Signature by (new address) is equivalent to signature by (old address)

Donation address: 374iXxS4BuqFHsEwwxUuH3nvJ69Y7Hqur3 (Bitcoin ONLY)
LRDGENPLYrcTRssGoZrsCT1hngaH3BVkM4 (LTC)
PGP: D3CC 1772 8600 5BB8 FF67 3294 C524 2A1A B393 6517
Blazr

Activity: 882
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 02:29:16 PM

Is there no way to display the private key on the bc.info mobile app?

letyouearn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 02:32:40 PM

So, my question is :

You shouldn't lose any address because you are supposed to backup your private key, don't you?

If you want to change your address, you can sign the following message with your old address:

The (new address) is exclusively controlled by the holder of (old address). Signature by (new address) is equivalent to signature by (old address)

By doing this , am I able to change my old address to new address ?

I am willing to use mycelium bitcoin wallet and its address as my personal btc address. Also mycelium android wallet has a option to sign a message.

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
jl2012
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1097

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 02:35:57 PM

So, my question is :

I am willing to use mycelium bitcoin wallet and its address as my personal btc address. Also mycelium android wallet has a option to sign a message.

When people request you to sign with the old address, you just show the signed message so they will know the signatures are equivalent.

EDIT: In any case, you should never delete the backup of your old wallet

Donation address: 374iXxS4BuqFHsEwwxUuH3nvJ69Y7Hqur3 (Bitcoin ONLY)
LRDGENPLYrcTRssGoZrsCT1hngaH3BVkM4 (LTC)
PGP: D3CC 1772 8600 5BB8 FF67 3294 C524 2A1A B393 6517
letyouearn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 02:46:57 PM

So, my question is :

When people request you to sign with the old address, you just show the signed message so they will know the signatures are equivalent.

EDIT: In any case, you should never delete the backup of your old wallet

I have a backup of my old address . But I forgot the main password of it. I am still having control over that btc address via blockchain android wallet.

As per your suggestion, I am signing a mesaage you have quoted above and I will save it in my pc or phone.

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
twister

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2015, 02:49:07 PM

I haven't used it but if it works like the blockchain.info site then anytime you want to take backup of your keys you're asked to provide the password of the account and since OP says he forgot his password the app might not let him view the key.

So OP all this time you were sending and receiving BTC from the app, it never occurred to you take a back up of your keys, what would happen if one day you're not able to access the app? How will you take control of your funds then?

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
letyouearn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 04:25:18 PM

I haven't used it but if it works like the blockchain.info site then anytime you want to take backup of your keys you're asked to provide the password of the account and since OP says he forgot his password the app might not let him view the key.

So OP all this time you were sending and receiving BTC from the app, it never occurred to you take a back up of your keys, what would happen if one day you're not able to access the app? How will you take control of your funds then?

I am going to start using mycelium android wallet for my all transactions now. Also I have written the backup words on a paper which will help me to recover my wallet anytime.

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
Gelbstich

Activity: 562
Merit: 509

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 05:20:27 PM

It's all about this topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1153323.msg12157547#msg12157547

If you really are the owner of the mentioned address there should be no problem to send the loan to this address. If you lie tho and the account you're writing with is hacked and you don't own the wallet, sending funds their would be useless for you. In this case you should better offer a good collateral.

H

░░░                 
            ░▒█████████████▓░           
          ▓███████████████████▓         
        ▓█████████▓▓▒▓▓▓████▓░         
      ▒███████▒           ░             
     ▓█████▓░                     ░▒   
    ▓█████▒    ░▓███████▓▒        ░▓▓▒ 
   ░█████░   ░█████████████▒    ▒▓▒▒▓░
   █████▒   ░███████████████▓    ▓▒▒▒▓  
   █████    █████████████████░   ▒▓▒▒▓░ 
  ░████▓   ░██████████▓▓▓▓▓███   ░▓▒▒▓░ 
  ▒████▓   ▒████▓▒░              ░▓▒▒▓░
   █████ ░███▓░   ░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▒▒▓░
   ████████▓  ▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▒▓▓░    ▓▒▒▓▓ 
   ░██████   ░▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░    ▓▓▒▒▓░ 
    ▓███▒       ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░     ▓▓▒▓▓▒   
     ▓█                      ▒▓▓▒▓▓▒   
              ░           ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒     
           ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒       
          ░███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒         
             ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒            

R I Z E N
.......White Paper....... .......Node System and Sidechains....... .......Help Desk.......

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: