Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 10:44:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bitmarket.eu  (Read 4968 times)
M4v3R

Activity: 607
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 01:56:07 PM

I immediately put all withdrawals on hold, even small ones, banned him and then disabled the site. So after that he couldn't do any more damage, but he still managed to withdraw aforementioned 182 BTC to his private BTC address.

I hope this explains it all.
OK, so since I notified you less than 10 minutes from the sale, does this mean that you have been able to stop him from withdrawing my 15 BTC? As far as I know it takes at least an hour to get a few confirmations and be able to get the coins...

No. The minute your Bitcoin client announces a trade, you can't revert it. Just a minute after this it has already propagated throughout the network and other Bitcoin nodes acknowledge it. The "one hour" thing is a Bitcoin security measure for other Bitcoin clients to ensure that your "announcement" wasn't forged, i.e. that the coins you claim that you're spending really belong to you.

15 BTC is not a lot, but it's not a small amount either, I understand you. I've spent around 15 BTC (in my currency though) to buy my first SSD drive few weeks ago. Believe me, if there was anything I could do to stop or revert this, I would have done it.
Auris 1.6 vvt-i

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 02:02:03 PM

OK, thanks... ;( At least I know now there is no hope... ;(
disclaimer201
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 06:45:01 PM

I donated 0,25 BTC for the cause. Maybe will add to that later. If you did so too, how about announcing it here? I know it isn't much, but if one hundred people donated 0,91 BTC half of the lost money could be refunded!
teknohog

Activity: 519
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2012, 07:10:23 PM

It is not ruled out that security has been breached but until such has not been established, it makes no sense to blame the admin.

I think it would be fair that neither side blames the other, until we know what happened. I don't like the way the admin blames people's password policies, while we know that even those with good passwords were attacked.

BTW, if I am being keylogged, why do I have any money left on my local machines?

world famous math art | masternodes are bad, mmmkay?
Every sha(sha(sha(sha()))), every ho-o-o-old, still shines
narousberg
Legendary

Activity: 1749
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 08:19:53 PM

I am disappointed in the Bitmarket service. Service does not give us any guarantees for our deposity. Why do you require a deposit of our bitcoins to you if you do not have the normal protection of our resources and you do not have a guarantee fund?
I think you service have no future . it's not serious.

P.S. you should collect a 0.5% fee from each confirmed sell order to prevent future losses. And build guarantee fund, or do not ask for BTC deposits from customers.

I AM NOT SELL MY BITCOINTALK ACCOUNT !!!
disclaimer201
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 10:05:41 PM

Taking a 0.5% fee would be my next suggestion. I wouldn't prefer it though. A trust fund cannot be big enough to protect against all the potential losses. No use attacking bitmarket now, if you haven't been victim of a hack-attack yet, you just haven't been targeted. Bitmarket was probably lucky for so many months because it wasn't as big as other services. And if they took 0.5% why would I still prefer it over bitcoin.de? Anyway, I'm certain I will trust it again. Will just let a little time pass now.
pedro82

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 06:49:10 PM

I transfered some BTC to Bitmarket.EU 3 h ago but nothing is there on my account yet... Is this normal ?
1CHBhqws

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 10:44:33 PM

I transfered some BTC to Bitmarket.EU 3 h ago but nothing is there on my account yet... Is this normal ?
Normally... no - it would be available to use on the site from the 3rd confirmation.

Today... yes - this topic has reports from other people who've not had their accounts credited and/or who are unable to withdraw coins: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5441.660
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: