Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 01:39:15 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Armory not recognizing that bitcoind is still catching up  (Read 842 times)
RGBKey (OP)

Activity: 854
Merit: 658

rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2015, 08:46:00 PM
Last edit: August 17, 2015, 12:41:17 AM by RGBKey

It always gets stuck on 70% of "Initializing Bitcoin Engine" when I try to start it. How can I fix this?
RGBKey (OP)

rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2015, 09:07:52 PM

After not allowing armory to manage bitcoind itself and running it, it appears to be working.
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 11:20:42 PM

Does it stay offline always? It might be a permissions issue on the blockchain folder... I've had a similar situation when migrating to Windows 10.
RGBKey (OP)

rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2015, 12:43:41 AM

I now have a new problem, Armory is reporting that it is online and connected, but that my balance is 0, which I know it is not. After opening bitcoin core, it says it is catching up, that it is 40 weeks behind in importing blocks from disk. Could this be caused by armory downloading the bootstrap but bitcoind not having fully integrated it yet? Once bitcoind catches up, will I need to rescan, rebuild and rescan, or redownload the entire blockchain from armory? I'm thinking that I will just need to rescan, or that I might not even have to, that once bitcoind gets up to the point I received my coins that it will show up in Armory.

Could use help.
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 01:21:23 AM

I now have a new problem, Armory is reporting that it is online and connected, but that my balance is 0, which I know it is not. After opening bitcoin core, it says it is catching up, that it is 40 weeks behind in importing blocks from disk. Could this be caused by armory downloading the bootstrap but bitcoind not having fully integrated it yet? Once bitcoind catches up, will I need to rescan, rebuild and rescan, or redownload the entire blockchain from armory? I'm thinking that I will just need to rescan, or that I might not even have to, that once bitcoind gets up to the point I received my coins that it will show up in Armory.

Could use help.

Are your coins in a Bitcoin Qt wallet, or an Armory wallet? (you're right about your last point BTW, the blockchain downloads more or less in order, so if you're missing 40 weeks and you sent coins less than 40 weeks ago...)

Vires in numeris
goatpig
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1347

Armory Developer

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 12:53:29 PM

The bootstrap does not cover all of the blockchain. It is usually updated along with Core updates, as milestone hashes are hardcoded in. Downloading the bootstrap will only give you history up to a certain point in the past, the rest has to be downloaded straight by Core itself, and Armory can only display your up to date balance once you have an up to date copy of the blockchain locally.

Start BitcoinQt, let it finish downloading blocks. Once it is fully sync'ed, start Armory. It should be able to figure it out on its own. If it fails, do a rebuild and rescan.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: