Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 06:32:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: here's just how screwed ASIC buyers are - READ THIS if you have a preorder  (Read 23311 times)
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 18, 2012, 11:43:29 AM

Given the posts I made on this thread, I find it fair to disclose that I ended up investing a fair amount into ASIC.
Lets see what happens.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
deeplink

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

In cryptography we trust

View Profile
October 18, 2012, 12:53:18 PM

Given the posts I made on this thread, I find it fair to disclose that I ended up investing a fair amount into ASIC.
Lets see what happens.

What made you change your mind?
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2012, 01:04:51 PM

A roi of 1 year with a difficulty x15 of what it's right now, and the hope of receiving my hardware soon.

These 2 alone are not enough, what made me really change idea is that I really think the bitcoin economy to grow of several orders of magnitude in the future. I will mine to keep, not mine to sell.

It's a bet.

Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
deeplink

Activity: 728

In cryptography we trust

View Profile
October 18, 2012, 01:27:50 PM

A roi of 1 year with a difficulty x15 of what it's right now, and the hope of receiving my hardware soon.

These 2 alone are not enough, what made me really change idea is that I really think the bitcoin economy to grow of several orders of magnitude in the future. I will mine to keep, not mine to sell.

It's a bet.

Fair enough. I guess the odds are better than playing the lottery.

I sincerely wish you good luck.
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2012, 01:48:32 PM

It's a bet.

Fair enough. I guess the odds are better than playing the lottery.

I sincerely wish you good luck.

Haha, really funny.
Yes, you are right, i have better odds than that case, with the difference that i don't play the lottery/whatever other similar game, i consider that a tax on the poors.

Thank you for your wishes Smiley

VeeMiner

Activity: 752

bitcoin hodler

View Profile
October 18, 2012, 02:30:29 PM

It's a bet.

I have the same feeling. However I also want to use some of the coins I mine, because the economy won't grow if everyone will only hoard coins...
bobitza

Activity: 560
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 18, 2012, 02:32:20 PM

I have the same feeling. However I also want to use some of the coins I mine, because the economy won't grow if everyone will only hoard coins...

+1

Gotta spend a little bit so that the economy gets moving. If everybody hoards, no more transactions, people leave, BTC value goes down the drain.

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2012, 02:33:26 PM

It's a bet.

BTC is imo both a "storage" and an "online" concurrency. You can use it either to safely store your money and to pay online.

Spending your BTC in stupid online stuff will not help the btc economy to grow, only an increase of demand of btc would.

What we should do is to create business that accept bitcoins, or find new alternative ways to persuade existing e-commerces to accept bitcoins.

We have to push them, to give them a solid reason.

Buying coffee online will not help us.

Frequency

Activity: 540

COINDER

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2012, 03:01:50 PM

It's a bet.

I think as long as there is SR and BMR markets out there BTC will survive for the good or the bad..there are a lot more srry to say so addicts who must find out about BTC still out there...

I also think that own a GPU@800Mh now will be the same as own a SC@60Gh in 6 months (IF ASIC,s are 4real) so not that mutch will change except that the network security will be better off also 2many preorderd people counted themself to rich i think, BFL and other comp. took adventage of that...we will see

COINDER
COINDER
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2012, 03:31:48 PM

It's a bet.

I think as long as there is SR and BMR markets out there BTC will survive for the good or the bad..there are a lot more srry to say so addicts who must find out about BTC still out there...

I also think that own a GPU@800Mh now will be the same as own a SC@60Gh in 6 months (IF ASIC,s are 4real) so not that mutch will change except that the network security will be better off also 2many preorderd people counted themself to rich i think, BFL and other comp. took adventage of that...we will see
The only thing is that really, we will see. There are too many variables by far in this game. I will be happy if my ASIC will return me 50% of the investment before becoming obsolete! Tongue (yes, i'm serious).

VeeMiner

bitcoin hodler

View Profile
October 18, 2012, 04:54:59 PM

It's a bet.

The only thing is that really, we will see. There are too many variables by far in this game. I will be happy if my ASIC will return me 50% of the investment before becoming obsolete! Tongue (yes, i'm serious).

but that's not going to happen and we both know it Smiley Scenario which is more probable is that you will actually make a lot of money on those ASICs, whatever is said in this thread...
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2012, 05:02:25 PM

but that's not going to happen and we both know it Smiley Scenario which is more probable is that you will actually make a lot of money on those ASICs, whatever is said in this thread...
I really doubt it and i have zero hopes on something like that to happen...

But sure, with Avalon out till at least the first of February ad BFL that will run away with the money leaving their employes trying to figure out how to buy ASIC chips on ebay... Well, that might a profitable mining period! Cheesy

Frequency

COINDER

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2012, 06:55:25 PM

But sure, with Avalon out till at least the first of February ad BFL that will run away with the money leaving their employes trying to figure out how to buy ASIC chips on ebay... Well, that might a profitable mining period! Cheesy

In 5 weeks halving day is a fact, then it,s up to BFL and Avalon,s testbatch etc. to deliver ASIC a week later orso??..mmm i don,t know if that is a fact to.. but it,s going to be a very very intresting end of the year in BTCminingland... Cheesy

COINDER
COINDER
VeeMiner

bitcoin hodler

View Profile
October 18, 2012, 08:04:11 PM

In 5 weeks halving day is a fact, then it,s up to BFL and Avalon,s testbatch etc. to deliver ASIC a week later orso??..mmm i don,t know if that is a fact to.. but it,s going to be a very very intresting end of the year in BTCminingland... Cheesy

we shall see... I'm actually thinking about preordering more singles...
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2012, 08:52:13 PM

we shall see... I'm actually thinking about preordering more singles...
If you really have to, place the orders on different vendors.

It's not a great idea to depend on a single one.

VeeMiner

bitcoin hodler

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 12:53:25 PM

on the other hand if you have to solve for example a malfunctioning piece of hardware, it's much easier to work with one supplier then all of them. Or if there is an ASIC 2nd generation, then BFL will refund the 1st gen and send you 2nd gen for reasonable price. At least that's what they are saying. I'm a realist, but I have high hopes for ASIC mining, so in this case I think that I'm an optimist...
DobZombie

Activity: 896
Merit: 532

Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 01:53:28 PM

9) after 120 days the asic market will be completely different, with people buying 1TH for 1000$

Yes, you are all screwed.

And if no super mega 1TH machines come out, I'll have made my money back in under a year, and hopefully bitcoin will be super popular (making the payoff time a lot shorter)

Tip Me if believe BTC1 will hit $1 Million by 2030
1DobZomBiE2gngvy6zDFKY5b76yvDbqRra
Frequency

COINDER

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2012, 12:23:51 AM

on the other hand if you have to solve for example a malfunctioning piece of hardware, it's much easier to work with one supplier then all of them. Or if there is an ASIC 2nd generation, then BFL will refund the 1st gen and send you 2nd gen for reasonable price. At least that's what they are saying. I'm a realist, but I have high hopes for ASIC mining, so in this case I think that I'm an optimist...

well they do give lifetime garanties, mmm what if they are outrunned or run in lets say 2 or 3 years?? how the fuck can they make such promise in a speculative market as BTC is...this al sounds to damn wrong,..i don need an 140+ IQ to figger this out. . Shocked Tongue Roll Eyes

COINDER
COINDER
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
October 20, 2012, 10:10:28 PM

Yep, you are all screwed. Everyone cancel your orders so I can make a lot of money.

Thanks  Grin

I LOLed. Thanks for the great laugh!  Grin

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

bobitza

Activity: 560
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 12:11:18 PM

well they do give lifetime garanties, mmm what if they are outrunned or run in lets say 2 or 3 years?? how the fuck can they make such promise in a speculative market as BTC is...this al sounds to damn wrong,..i don need an 140+ IQ to figger this out. . Shocked Tongue Roll Eyes

They do NOT give a lifetime guarantee like the one you mentioned. It's called a lifetime warranty and it says that they will repair / exchange the unit if it stops functioning because of hardware failures.

They also said that they plan to have some sort of upgrade paths for older devices in case newer and better devices come along. But that's a completely different thing.

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█