Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:56:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: changing trust to neutral  (Read 758 times)
vengeful (OP)

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

if i can't save earth, i'll damn sure avenge it

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 04:44:09 AM

If any admin is reading this... please answer this simple question

I there was any way through which you guys could find out that any given account with green trust is traded and bought by another user... Can/Would you guys change the account's trust to neutral given that the new user may or may not be trustworthy Huh If indeed you guys can change the trust of any user account???

If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ausbit
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 04:53:00 AM

If any admin is reading this... please answer this simple question

I there was any way through which you guys could find out that any given account with green trust is traded and bought by another user... Can/Would you guys change the account's trust to neutral given that the new user may or may not be trustworthy Huh If indeed you guys can change the trust of any user account???

Admins could probably easily tell if an account had been sold but they are not going change any trust ratings for anyone, way too hard to police that. Who's word would any debate come down to?
torusJKL

Activity: 619
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 06:33:23 AM

A bought account with good trust could be a problem.
But to build a good trust is not that easy and it would mean that allot of resources would go into this.

Don't trust blindly.
Check who has given the trust point and if you can trust those people too.

If you find my post useful send some Bitcoin: 167XM1Za8aG9CdbYuHFMpL2kvPsw6uC8da
Bitrated || bitcoin-otc || Moon Bitcoin Faucet
vengeful (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 07:16:59 AM

that's what i was trying to say... what would happen if someone bought a green trust account and used it to scam another user... would it not allow scammers to buy trusted accounts and scam people off their money???
scumbag

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

★Support For PHILIPPINES Sub Forum★

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 07:28:12 AM

that's what i was trying to say... what would happen if someone bought a green trust account and used it to scam another user... would it not allow scammers to buy trusted accounts and scam people off their money???

Buying a trusted account is like you pay an extra premium for the +ve.
But buying those to scam people in the forum i guess is not worth it since people here now learned how to use escrows. Maybe the newbies can be an easy victim and no need to buy +ve accounts

ausbit
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 12:37:58 PM

I think some sections here have a small warning at the top, maybe gambling and/or investing that states the site can't be held responsable for peoples looses to scam sites.
It's the same thing, it's not BadBears or theymous fault if you want to blindly trust any member on this forum just because they have green trust.
MtGox probably had a good trust rating here before they went belly up, would you send your coins there?
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 12:50:39 PM

It is not that easy to tell when accounts are sold. Engaging in this kind of practice would only give people a false sense of security when dealing with others.

You should do your own due diligence when considering to trade with others.
scumbag

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

★Support For PHILIPPINES Sub Forum★

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 01:11:55 PM

having a trusted account is not an assurance that one will not scam
having a high forum ranking is not an assurance that one will not scam

vengeful (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 04:45:43 AM

thank you guys for your feedback...

i know now that the second party should also be responsible and diligent so as not to get into trap if someone's trying to scam them...
having green trust doesn't make anyone entitle to use it ti scam others.

Thank you all... gonna lock this topic now Smiley Smiley 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: