Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:53:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: how did you fools let Mike Hearn in?  (Read 1576 times)
kelsey (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 08:02:39 AM

how  Huh and why do you continue to do so?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 08:06:14 AM

i don't care about who is behind the scene, nor about bitcoin xt, but bigger blocks are needed, if you want this baby to grows, it's like not giving the good amount of foods to your children...
kelsey (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 08:09:01 AM

i wasn't referring to XT.

more his modus operandi

and the push further into centralisation

frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2015, 08:13:11 AM

how  Huh and why do you continue to do so?

Why not read through the mailing list instead?  Mike starts talking on the Mailing list in Oct 2009 so perhaps a few months before was when he first looked into it.  Certainly longer ago than most others touched it.

edit:  I'm just pointing out that you're really being unfounded and not showing credit where credit is due.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 08:14:40 AM

well but what he is doing only matter because of XT, otherwise he wil be ignored, but i'm starting to believe that there should be also a consensus about choosing the right developers and not only about the new version to implement

i know that bitcoin is open source but this does not mean that any dev is ok to work on it...
frankenmint
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2015, 08:17:58 AM

well but what he is doing only matter because of XT, otherwise he wil be ignored, but i'm starting to believe that there should be also a consensus about choosing the right developers and not only about the new version to implement

i know that bitcoin is open source but this does not mean that any dev is ok to work on it...

Any dev can work on it as they choose.  Use the Github repo - fork your own copy, make changes, then submit a pull request.  If the community likes it and/or agrees on of the 5 core developers with commit access will include your pull request into the next update - and that's it! 

Before this happens, the bitcoin community encourages all participants to first subscribe to the bitcoin-dev list and to submit comments there for others to discuss, if you are met with good or encouraging feedback or suggestions then proceed to create the BIP proposal then share that with everyone, presenting your position again a 2nd time in this formalized BIP manner.  Now work on BTC

Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 08:20:10 AM

Well he's here pretty much from the beginning. Nobody let him in, he has join by himself. Isn't this the point of decentralized and open source system, anybody can join and quit whenever they feel so!
kelsey (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 08:23:29 AM

Well he's here pretty much from the beginning. Nobody let him in, he has join by himself. Isn't this the point of decentralized and open source system, anybody can join and quit whenever they feel so!

can they really?

the code in reality is controlled by so few (with a love it or leave it attitude).

like with most things bitcoin; reality is far removed from the theory of it.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 08:25:11 AM

I was always resistant to the idea that either Mike or Gavin were a mole, or at some point became one, but one does have to consider the possibility.

That doesn't answer your question though.  I do suspect that some fraction of the most vocal Hearn cheerleaders are formally shilling.  I can think of several ways this could happen:

- accounts on bitcointalk,org were purchased or hacked.

- shilling for pay.

- shilling to have charges of some sort dropped.  Tax evasion high on the list of possibilities.

I've known with high probability since at least the HB Gary Federal hack that sock-puppet software was available and has been purchased by the U.S. govt.  It was therefore interesting to find this amusing little thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sy4zlMkNnn4

Of course it could be a hoax but I have no reason to doubt the validity since I expected it and since I've seen no convincing attempts to debunk it.  The long and the short of it is that our intelligence services have a wide range of interests and missions.  If I were running things I would have had a keen interest in Bitcoin from a very early time, and at least since the time it helped Wikileaks skirt the VISA/PayPal financial blockade.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
frankenmint
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2015, 08:27:24 AM

Bingo.  That's why I feel like the OP amongst MANY OF YOU are misguided - people across the internet seem to think that because someone touts one side of an issue that forever they are relegated to that decision - a lot of others discredit luke-jr and PeterTodd wrongfully too based on the same line of thinking.  

The Bottom Line:  Do you use a bitcoin wallet on your phone or mobile tablet?  If so, you probably already owe Mike a Beer since he created and maintains BitcoinJ.

tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 08:29:42 AM

how  Huh and why do you continue to do so?

Why not read through the mailing list instead?  Mike starts talking on the Mailing list in Oct 2009 so perhaps a few months before was when he first looked into it.  Certainly longer ago than most others touched it.

edit:  I'm just pointing out that you're really being unfounded and not showing credit where credit is due.

It's worth note that when Satoshi packed up shop he left various things with various people who'd been around since early times.  Hearn didn't get left with dick as I understand things.  One has to wonder if that had something to do with Satoshi not really agreeing with his philosophies or priorities.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
kelsey (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 08:34:54 AM

Bingo.  That's why I feel like the OP amongst MANY OF YOU are misguided - people across the internet seem to think that because someone touts one side of an issue that forever they are relegated to that decision - a lot of others discredit luke-jr and PeterTodd wrongfully too based on the same line of thinking.  

The Bottom Line:  Do you use a bitcoin wallet on your phone or mobile tablet?  If so, you probably already owe Mike a Beer since he created and maintains BitcoinJ.

i don't touch bitcoin tba hence my title use of 'you fools"

why post then? well i have a big interest in the creation and real world use of a genuine useable p2p currency, which i hope to oneday see the existence of, and btc is moving further away from that dream.
balu2

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 01:20:39 PM

exactly, +1

sheep, fools ... the dancing, singing crap of the world ... people with no spine and brain keep talking and supporting of Gavin and/or Mike. These guys need to be ignored 101%
BitAddict
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 01:28:08 PM

Main problem:
- If no one pushes, nothing will change until it is broke or too late... and Bitcoin needs to improve in order to be useful...
- But if someone pushes because bigger blocks are needed, then he is bad...

Instead of just complaining, you should just vote with your mining power which option you want, that's all. If mayority wants it, then it will be fair.
meono

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 01:34:23 PM

For a guy who used to beg every single alt/shit coins possible then started claiming to be economy expert chanting bitcoin failure in every possible way......

Suddenly you seem to care alot about bitcoin huh? Forget your med or something? Or you're just a terrible troll?
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2015, 01:43:15 PM

The most powerful person in Bitcoin by far (alert key holder, forum admin, bitcoin.org controller, /r/bitcoin admin) has spoken on the matter.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3h9cq4/its_time_for_a_break_about_the_recent_mess/
kelsey (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 01:45:39 PM

Main problem:
- If no one pushes, nothing will change until it is broke or too late... and Bitcoin needs to improve in order to be useful...
- But if someone pushes because bigger blocks are needed, then he is bad...

Instead of just complaining, you should just vote with your mining power which option you want, that's all. If mayority wants it, then it will be fair.

well it wont get the majority, thats a given.

however say the majority mining power (as thats ur majority), wanted 210 million bitcoin via 10 times block rewards, would that make it right? would that still be bitcoin?

majority mining power might not always work in the best interest of the entire user community? no?
meono

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 02:04:36 PM

The most powerful person in Bitcoin by far (alert key holder, forum admin, bitcoin.org controller, /r/bitcoin admin) has spoken on the matter.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3h9cq4/its_time_for_a_break_about_the_recent_mess/

and it backfired him badly. When will this retard realize hes distanced himself from the community?
balu2

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 02:07:10 PM

and it backfired him badly. When will this retard realize hes distanced himself from the community?

I think he's doing the best he can and you make the impression of a new Gavincoin-shill.
meono

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 02:13:58 PM

I think he's doing the best he can and you make the impression of a new Gavincoin-shill.

I got called many tittles, Shill, Troll and worse "traitor" by RPC when i voice my opinion on HK's Umbrella.

Unless you can give me a new title, you've just got a sloppy second.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: