Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 06:28:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do you think people choose bitcoin as career?  (Read 1332 times)
Huobi-USD (OP)

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2015, 08:44:15 AM

According to State of Bitcoin Q2 2015 by Coindesk, VC investment remained robust in Bitcoin industry. More and more people keep entering this field and devote themselves to bitcoin or cryptocurrency world. But why do people consider bitcoin or cryptocurrency as career?
Are they bitcoin fanatics who want to let the whole world know about it and use it? Are they businessmen who are smart enough to make a fortune out of it? Are they revolutionists who want to change the world currency?
Come and share your views on this. It doesn’t have to be your own stories. Some you know or the stories you’ve heard of are just fine.

Huobi Secure and Trustworthy!
WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 09:59:09 AM

According to State of Bitcoin Q2 2015 by Coindesk, VC investment remained robust in Bitcoin industry. More and more people keep entering this field and devote themselves to bitcoin or cryptocurrency world. But why do people consider bitcoin or cryptocurrency as career?
Are they bitcoin fanatics who want to let the whole world know about it and use it? Are they businessmen who are smart enough to make a fortune out of it? Are they revolutionists who want to change the world currency?
Come and share your views on this. It doesn’t have to be your own stories. Some you know or the stories you’ve heard of are just fine.

Some of all of the above really, some people see it as a great hedge vs traditional markets, which it is, perhaps these people are only a little curious that it might change the world.  The hardcore devotee wants total bitcoin adoption to take away gov and bank powers... end result = world changed.
harrymmmm

Activity: 576
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 11:51:17 AM

Many of us have recognized that bitcoin/blockchain are world changing technologies, like internet or email.
Most other people haven't seen it yet.
These people are investing time and energy into accumulating skills that will last their lifetimes probably.
Some expect to get rich too, I guess Smiley
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 12:12:06 PM

Many of us have recognized that bitcoin/blockchain are world changing technologies, like internet or email.
Most other people haven't seen it yet.
These people are investing time and energy into accumulating skills that will last their lifetimes probably.
Some expect to get rich too, I guess Smiley

Yeah definitely a lot thinking along the lines of catching the next wave or next Bitcoin, there is no denying it though, there is money to be made.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 12:18:12 PM

Bitcoin's innovations have the potential to upend or wipe out quite a few industries. If you have the skillz then getting in on the ground floor could set you up forever.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 6165

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 12:19:22 PM

Okey this is my personal opinion ,I think that people on Bitcoin world some of them consider it as revoultion on the economic culture etc .. however most of bitcoiners are just here to make money or "invest" for long term .
So basically sooner or later and after X years , bitcoin will have a stable price and all those people who see bitcoin as investement-only will leave it .

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Falconer
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1128

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 02:12:12 PM

Do you want to get a job in bitcoin? Okay, then you could visit this http://bitcoinjobfair.com/  This job fair totally related to bitcoin, which all of employers are bitcoin related company like bitpay, bitwage, coinbeyond, etc. This job fair has been held 4 times for last two years.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Huobi-USD (OP)

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2015, 09:12:27 AM

Okey this is my personal opinion ,I think that people on Bitcoin world some of them consider it as revoultion on the economic culture etc .. however most of bitcoiners are just here to make money or "invest" for long term .
So basically sooner or later and after X years , bitcoin will have a stable price and all those people who see bitcoin as investement-only will leave it .

I think it's true. There are also some people who actually don't understand bitcoin at all but work in this industry. Someone said, we need people who don't understand bitcoin to promote bitcoin and blockchain technology.

Huobi Secure and Trustworthy!
Envrin

Activity: 318
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 09:23:47 AM

For me personally, it's a great niche market to be in.  I equate it to the same as say a doctor -- you can be a general practitioner, or you can specialize in a certain field (heart, lungs, skin, feet, whatever).  Guess who gets paid more?

Same with this.  I can be a general software developer, or I can specialize in bitcoin and crypto currency.  Guess which pays better?
mattiadeabtc

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

★YoBit.Net★ 200+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 09:30:21 AM

i'd like to be one of this, i'm thinking how to change my life and my work to go full on bitcoin, i'm serious
it's a relatively new project and it open a lot of possibilities

kenbytes

Activity: 392

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 09:31:10 AM

bitcoin is the evolution man...this is the future many people don`t see that yet!!

fiN.

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 09:32:59 AM

Because any great entrepreneur or businessman can see the massive potential for growth in the industry and it's always those with the vision and balls to get in early that reap the rewards. I think in 5 years time those that got into bitcoin now by starting a business will be very rich indeed.
czydd

Activity: 5

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 09:34:17 AM

because the value of bitcoin is so expensive
Falconer
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1128

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 10:15:45 AM

i'd like to be one of this, i'm thinking how to change my life and my work to go full on bitcoin, i'm serious
it's a relatively new project and it open a lot of possibilities
Actually I dont see why people said they working for bitcoin. Imo, we just working like usual jobs in real life. The difference is, you will get bitcoin as payment. If you choose to work in bitcoin related company, then you just work like usual job in IT Company.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 10:22:37 AM

because it has a great potential to grow very big, if you can't see it you're a delusional fiat fanboy who will change his mind in the end

i cn bet my ass that everyone who is bashing bitcoin will jump on the train when will be too late
Chomsky

Activity: 23

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 11:04:16 AM

Why do people choose to join Facebook, Google, Twitter etc as their career? Bitcoin is just like a tech start up. I don'#t even think you need to start a business either as you can just invest in bitcoin by owning them and hopefully that will be a great investment in the future. Maybe you could even retire off it so you wont need a career  Grin.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 12:05:13 PM

Simple. Because it's a ground breaking technology and could shift entire industries.
The sonner you are in the bigger your chance off a first mover advantage. Knowledge about crypto will be highly demanded.And the more you know about it the better your chances of having a bright future.
ashour

Activity: 490

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 12:41:27 PM

The bitcoin investing is more like a gamble and hype for VC. Digital currency will be a major technological field in the upcoming years, and VC are investing in that concept.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 12:41:38 PM

Well really all of the above are the reasons why people are entering the Bitcoin field. All of the above are reasons that us, ordinary people are entering and getting interested by this revolutionary technology as well.

Only difference between us and professionals is that they have something to offer back to the Bitcoin industry, they have knowledge to offer back. Us, ordinary Joe's can offer only the enthusiasm and share to the world so this tech gets adopted as soon as possible.
arnuschky

Activity: 517
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 01:07:03 PM

In the beginning, more of the fanatics and revolutionists. This is why so many services fucked up in the beginning: there were too many people that didn't have the chops business-wise of technically. Slowly, the professionals are moving in that see an opportunity, and with the influx of money and talent, services are becoming more reliable.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: