Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:12:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I could have been the man that gave the r/Bitcoin subreddit to Theymos  (Read 897 times)
ChairmanAtlas (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 11:27:58 AM
Last edit: August 17, 2015, 11:39:16 AM by ChairmanAtlas

I can't say I regret my decision.

Theymos doesn't kneel, he doesn't sacrifice and is willing to stand up for what HE believes to be true, rather than some external authority. I hold r/Bitcoin would be coddled into a cult of personality worshipping Gavin Andresen without I purposely picking Theymos for the role he has.

Would I do exactly what Theymos is doing if I was still addicted to Bitcoin and moderating that hellhole? Nope but I endorse his self-esteem and I endorse the idea of 90% of r/Bitcoin leaving its subreddit and creating new realms of thought.

This is I taking responsibility for what I can take responsibility for: Enabling Theymos to be doing what he is currently doing. No, if I did it over again I would not have gave the subreddit to a developer zealot. I would probably give it to Theymos every time because I do not know a more committed person that has a truly spiritual interest in the community.

Again, would I do exactly what he is doing? Nope but it is his now and I accept such in great pride. Keep on showing this community who it is through this catalyst.

----

Email me at chairman@vervex.ca if you like art and truly silent meditation. No, I don't have bitcoins anymore but I monitor it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BrianM

Activity: 546
Merit: 510

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 09:09:42 PM

Email me at chairman@vervex.ca if you like art and truly silent meditation. No, I don't have bitcoins anymore but I monitor it.

You should get some bitcoins. I have heard that it is going to be BIG.

Read more here about how to get bitcoin:
https://bitcoin.org/en/getting-started

Goood luuuuck
Sourgummies

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

Never ending parties are what Im into.

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 09:20:02 PM

Divide and conquer seems to be the name of the game and the fact I keep reading issues about this shows that its working.
Its a serious problem but we also need to be careful of coming off heavy handed in response to a opposing view.

Hoping we get this figured out but money is in play. Cool
LightRider
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2015, 01:31:59 AM

I can't say I regret my decision.

Theymos doesn't kneel, he doesn't sacrifice and is willing to stand up for what HE believes to be true, rather than some external authority. I hold r/Bitcoin would be coddled into a cult of personality worshipping Gavin Andresen without I purposely picking Theymos for the role he has.

Would I do exactly what Theymos is doing if I was still addicted to Bitcoin and moderating that hellhole? Nope but I endorse his self-esteem and I endorse the idea of 90% of r/Bitcoin leaving its subreddit and creating new realms of thought.

This is I taking responsibility for what I can take responsibility for: Enabling Theymos to be doing what he is currently doing. No, if I did it over again I would not have gave the subreddit to a developer zealot. I would probably give it to Theymos every time because I do not know a more committed person that has a truly spiritual interest in the community.

Again, would I do exactly what he is doing? Nope but it is his now and I accept such in great pride. Keep on showing this community who it is through this catalyst.

----

For someone who believes in liberty so much, you sure do lick the heels of that tyrant well.

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2016, 07:44:47 AM

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
██████