May 17, 2024, 05:48:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Is NXT a scam?
Yes - 49 (24.4%)
No - 152 (75.6%)
Total Voters: 201

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Poll result: NXT is a proper cryptocurrency  (Read 24833 times)
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 11:25:41 PM

With vanishing volume

Volume is a bad indicator for 100% PoS coin because there are no miners who need to sell coins to pay electricity bills. Funny that you forgot this. Or maybe you didn't...

doesn't lack of vol also indicate no ones using it as a currency  Huh
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 11:28:55 PM

doesn't lack of vol also indicate no ones using it as a currency  Huh

Maybe the opposite? A good mean of exchange is not converted into other currencies.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 11:34:18 PM

Wallets are irrelevant compared to the Holy Grail of user-programmable Turing-complete smart-chains.

GUI girlfriend:

console girlfriend:

So you just discovered girlfriends like wallets?

Meh, girlfriends are irrelevant compared to the Holy Grail of user-programmable Turing-complete smart-chains.

Having a wallet didn't do anything to help Paycoin, and it won't save NXT either.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 11:41:12 PM

the Holy Grail of user-programmable Turing-complete smart-chains.

the Holy Grail of user-programmable Turing-complete smart-chains.

RealBitcoin

Activity: 854

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 11:54:02 PM

Wallets are irrelevant compared to the Holy Grail of user-programmable Turing-complete smart-chains.

GUI girlfriend:

I prefer a GUI girlfriend in any case, but it's more than that it's like this:

Fullweight client girlfriend (Core client that requires all blockchain to be downloaded)

Liteweight client girlfriend (NXT has SUPERNET which is totally lightweight)

So you see, its not just that console girlfriend sucks, but there is a difference between lightweight GUI and fullweight GUI Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

NXT has SUPERNET liteweight client, ETHEREUM has jackshit console obsolete technology pal Smiley

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2015, 12:03:02 AM

NXT has SUPERNET liteweight client, ETHEREUM has jackshit console obsolete technology pal Smiley

A slick GUI is only as good as the coin it represents.  How did that nice Android client work out for Paycoin?

ETH might be the most useful thing since Bitcoin and Monero.

What good does NXT do?

It helped jl777 list some scammy assets, which are now dead thanks to a summer of zero volume...

...and?  OK NXT bagholders, don't answer all at once...

Hmm...scammy dead assets and no volume, or user-programmable smart-chain with massive volume?

What a tough choice!

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
RealBitcoin

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 12:16:01 AM

A slick GUI is only as good as the coin it represents.  How did that nice Android client work out for Paycoin?

What good does NXT do?

It helped jl777 list some scammy assets, which are now dead thanks to a summer of zero volume...

...and?  OK NXT bagholders, don't answer all at once...

Hmm...scammy dead assets and no volume, or user-programmable smart-chain with massive volume?

What a tough choice!

If the user-programmable smart-chain feature gets implemented.

And even then the potential attack vectors and undiscovered bugs are too big in order to become a usable currency in the near future.

Bitcoin still gets updates, and it has been over 6 years now, and bitcoin is a very simple protocol compared to ethereum.

With ethereum I can already see the greedy hands of hackers trying to find vulnerabilities in any piece of code. The amounts of theft in ethereum will be huge in the next months.

Even if ethereum is better, it will definitely need alteast 10 years to get out of beta phase lol Cheesy

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2015, 12:29:38 AM
Last edit: September 16, 2015, 03:42:07 PM by iCEBREAKER

A slick GUI is only as good as the coin it represents.  How did that nice Android client work out for Paycoin?

What good does NXT do?

...and?  OK NXT bagholders, don't answer all at once...

What a tough choice!

If the user-programmable smart-chain feature gets implemented.

And even then the potential attack vectors and undiscovered bugs are too big in order to become a usable currency in the near future.

Bitcoin still gets updates, and it has been over 6 years now, and bitcoin is a very simple protocol compared to ethereum.

With ethereum I can already see the greedy hands of hackers trying to find vulnerabilities in any piece of code. The amounts of theft in ethereum will be huge in the next months.

Even if ethereum is better, it will definitely need alteast 10 years to get out of beta phase lol Cheesy

Yes, ETH has issues with management and institutional risk which BTC outgrew a long time ago.

And point taken about the relative difficulty of a fancy Turing-complete smart-chain vs plain old Bitcoin.

But many people want ETH to happen, and they're throwing gobs of money, talent, and lawyers at the problem, so it has a fighting chance of success.

NXT has nobody excited about it, all the biggest fanboys ran off to NEM or whatever, there's no money or talent for dev work, and so it's just another Walking Dead zombie coin.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
LiQio
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 04:18:26 AM

agree

agree

sure sweetie, sure... "Are you mad about your bag becoming more difficult to continue holding?"
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 07:42:49 AM

With vanishing volume

Volume is a bad indicator for 100% PoS coin because there are no miners who need to sell coins to pay electricity bills. Funny that you forgot this. Or maybe you didn't...
That means that the price decline is an indicator of flawed fundamentals. This would be good with a stable and/or increasing price.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2015, 03:45:13 PM

With vanishing volume

That means that the price decline is an indicator of flawed fundamentals. This would be good with a stable and/or increasing price.

Great point!  Even given NXT's Ponzi-like staking 'feature' people still don't want to buy in and hold bags.

#REKT

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 05:22:51 PM

That means that the price decline is an indicator of flawed fundamentals.

Interesting point of view. Back in 2013 we would have said that fundamentals are good (if we followed the same logic). This arises philosophical question: when is it the right moment to use Klee Indicator? I would go even further and claimed that any currency has flawed fundamentals because none has been thriving forever yet. As a cherry on top I would recall BCNext's "A world with the money can not be perfect", hehe.
klee
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 05:30:15 PM

Interesting point of view. Back in 2013 we would have said that fundamentals are good (if we followed the same logic). This arises philosophical question: when is it the right moment to use Klee Indicator? I would go even further and claimed that any currency has flawed fundamentals because none has been thriving forever yet. As a cherry on top I would recall BCNext's "A world with the money can not be perfect", hehe.
Question is why is NXT price falling? Aliens?
box0214

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 05:32:14 PM

there's no basic use case for nxt. no one has made an easy to use application yet that doesn't already exists centralized to increase adoption.. this goes for any coin.
klee
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 05:34:57 PM

I go to see soccer and have not time now for more on this but this is a big topic for discussion in general...
RealBitcoin

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 05:43:27 PM

But seriously, it is falling because it was overvalued, the current prices are much more reflective of its real value. Plus the previous wallets had some bugs, i`m looking forward for a non-beta release of SuperNet, that will probably boost it's price Cheesy

BitUsher
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1034

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 05:49:03 PM

Salient point. Bitcoin price has slowly been capitulating over the last year simply because inflation is placing downward pressure on price as there needs to be almost a million dollars a day flowing into bitcoin to maintain parity. This means bitcoin is growing, but not quite at the same rate as ~9% inflation.

The fact that there is no volume and NxT price continues to capitulate even when compared to BTC which is also capitulating, and it doesn't have any inflation like bitcoin should be alarming. With a 0 inflation token it should be simple to reverse this trend and consistently grow in value, all that is needed is for early bagholders to stay loyal to the project and a few new users to adopt the coin.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 05:52:02 PM

I don't know, long time ago I sold my NXT and stopped paying attention to the price. Maybe aliens, right.
Sebastien256

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 05:52:09 PM

Salient point. Bitcoin price has slowly been capitulating over the last year simply because inflation is placing downward pressure on price as there needs to be almost a million dollars a day flowing into bitcoin to maintain parity. This means bitcoin is growing, but not quite at the same rate as ~9% inflation.

The fact that there is no volume and NxT price continues to capitulate even when compared to BTC which is also capitulating, and it doesn't have any inflation like bitcoin should be alarming.

I think Nxt price has decreasing in particular because of the many asset crowdfunding.

Nxt official forum at: https://nxtforum.org/
RealBitcoin

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 05:54:30 PM

The fact that there is no volume and NxT price continues to capitulate even when compared to BTC which is also capitulating, and it doesn't have any inflation like bitcoin should be alarming.

But NXT has 0 inflation. All the revenue NXT stakers get is from transactions.

If there are less transactions, then miners dont mine that much, so either there are many transactions and people dump it, or there are less and people are not interested.

But I still think its because of the wallets, you saw it too, the wallet is going under development, almost every 2 weeks a new version comes out.

It still needs time guys, and it needs better marketing. NXT has shitty promotion, it wasnt even mentioned in any crypto news site lately.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: