June 21, 2024, 09:16:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Is NXT a scam?
Yes - 49 (24.4%)
No - 152 (75.6%)
Total Voters: 201

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Poll result: NXT is a proper cryptocurrency  (Read 24836 times)
Jean-Luc

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2015, 11:39:22 AM

Coin Shuffling. It is coming to Nxt.
The trolls are going rabid,
because now Monero is irrelevant.

lead Nxt developer, gpg key id: 0x811D6940E1E4240C
Nxt blockchain platform | Ardor blockchain platform | Ignis ICO
yassin54
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 12:19:16 PM

Hehe No comment!  Grin Grin
LiQio
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 12:26:17 PM

^
What about your signature campaign? Any details by now?
nexern

Activity: 597
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 12:28:53 PM

technical yes but not practically, so let's face it.

the past built up envy and resentment against nxt (genesis distribution, missed chances) prevents a broader adoption
withthin cryptosphere. most of them are just to infested by all this troll nonsense hovering around.

your 'swiss clock quality/speed' feature output demystifies many other core devs also btw. this isn't welcome, because
nxt don't play by the rules and just DO things instead talking/planing endless about it. that simple.

however, if possible please keep you quality and pace because there are many projects now addressing the external
market, where users deciding unbiased just for usefullness and this is the realm where nxt shines and beat them
all, no matter what coin/platform you compare with.

edit:
i predict that nxt will increase it's active accounts/users 10 fold until end of this year.
(will mark this post and adding the numbers here: | *placeholder* | end of the year)

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2015, 12:37:40 PM

My question was if you could prove that NXT is scam

http://www.glassboxinvestments.com/report-1-nxt/

there are a number of areas where a lack of transparency and asset-issuing best practices has raised red flags.
***cut loads***
tl;dr NXT is a scam

Nope, it isn't.

And.....you forgot the follow-up report from Glassbox:
http://www.glassboxinvestments.com/nxt-report-follow/

Thanks for that link:

As we’ve seen time-and-again in the crypto world, it’s all to easy to create an asset out of thin air, pump it full of hype and pretty rainbows, and then dump it for a profit. Revenue generation sends a clear signal that an asset is more likely to be a legitimate investment.

Speculation on the future valuation of non-profitable companies is a perfectly legitimate investment strategy – and it happens all the time in the “real world.” Just look at Twitter (TWTR), who lost $175 million last quarter. However, Twitter does have a clear business model and does generate revenue ($361 million in Q3). Although some would argue that it’s a colossal time-sink, it’s clearly not a hollow shell designed simply to get investors on board.

Speculative assets that generate NO revenue whatsoever would be riskier. A phantom service, built simply for a pump-and-dump, would be very likely to fall into this category.

Scam confirmed.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
LiQio
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 12:47:14 PM

^
What about your signature campaign? Any details by now?
Will you use all three lines, or just one or two?

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 12:50:47 PM

Scam confirmed.

Bitext engine reports very little quantity of objective information in that document (below 1%). Subjective score is above 73% (above 75% would mean that the text doesn't contain factual information), the difference of 2% can be caused by this very thread that got indexed by the engine. I excluded Wikipedia articles from the index just in case. Bitext is used by linguistic experts of the Supreme Court of the United States, so I tend to trust more the engine than you. Do you have information not available on the Internet that "confirms scam"? I'd like to feed it to the engine and repeat the analysis.
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 06:00:54 PM

Yup, it's almost completely information free. Nice work, iCE.

Thanks to CfB for the backup.........yay, science!

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 06:26:33 PM

I recommend iCE and other FUDers to use the tool below. This will add some charm to their posts.

jdbtracker

Activity: 727

Minimum Effort/Maximum effect

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 08:32:38 PM
Last edit: September 21, 2015, 08:55:32 PM by jdbtracker

NXT is the most interesting construction of them all... The design is phenomenal. It's not a scam in the way a financial scam is, it's an ideology the most dangerous of all.

The NXT platform is marketed in a professional manner, covering all bases and providing all manner of utility. It has a purpose, when I look at it, the pieces fit together.
The flexibility and the availability of scrypting utilities that are provided is astonishing; It's basically the entire Cryptocurrency movement's ecology, made into a single platform. Whatever is provided in a singular coin and their support services is all handled from the inside.

The program is even updated from the inside and hash checked automatically, it's programmed to a level of security that is unheard of, whatever it's purpose, it's ready for war.

The control of the currency is in the hands of a few caretakers, very likely passionate believers in the NXT ideology, and they have the features and technology to back it up.
Who would of thought? a Monetary system build into NXT to make your own NXT? What?! It's mimicking the entirety of the cryptocurrency movement inside itself!

When I look at SuperNet and all it's other programs... I see a concerted effort; each piece is being assembled one by one and integrated into what came before and all marketed in a way that makes it seem like they are seperate services, but there is only one SuperNet.

If I take everything provided, SkyNet, FinHive, Multi-Gateway, Pangea, TradeBots, etc... they build on each other.

SkyNET: Artificial Intelligence system for distributed automated computing. This speaks for itself no need to learn something new or train, SkyNet can give you the resources to be a pro.

FinHive: Builds upon SkyNet providing financial analysis that would cost thousands, take years of education and lengthy exams to be able to do effectively.

Atomic: Cross-Chain ledger, do transactions safely within the environment of a DAC.

Multi-Gateway/InstantDex: Safe decentralized place to exchange currencies.

TradeBots: Gain benefits from the emerging insights of other users.

FreeMarket: Decentralized Marketplace, buy and sell anything listed.

DeBuNe: Decentralized Business Network, Juxtaposed against SkyNet this provides easy access to experts/ businesses and freelancers that can compliment the AI's intelligence by providing real world benefits, plus a natural fact checking feature provided by real people.

It impresses me that it is all being built slowly but surely. I merely have to see what is available in the Bitcoin ecosystem to see what will be built NXT.

I can't wait.

NXT is a Decentralized Automated Organization.

Throw in the voting feature, distributed storage, and other featured detailed in the Technology tree and NXT starts looking like a cross between a government and a Distributed Operating System.

I talked with BCnext when they were still considering the design of NXT; The approach that they took struck me as odd, I though maximum market share would be a better design, but that's not what BCnext wanted, they wanted a slow growth rate. Looking back... now I understand, and it makes me wonder what it was that they wanted to achieve that was so profound that they had to see if Humanity was prepared to accept their vision.

A Global Decentralized Operating System for every man, woman and child across the earth. I'm guessing here, but it's the only direction the technology tree leaves room for, NXT is free and extremely powerful in it's final form.

http://www.nxttechnologytree.com/

If you think my efforts are worth something; I'll keep on keeping on.
I don't believe in IQ, only in Determination.
Hollowman338
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 08:55:48 PM

NXT is the most interesting construction of them all... The design is phenomenal. It's not a scam in the way a financial scam is, it's an ideology the most dangerous of all.

The NXT platform is marketed in a professional manner, covering all bases and providing all manner of utility. It has a purpose, when I look at it the pieces fit together.
The flexibility and the availability of scrypting utilities that are provided is astonishing; It's basically the entire Cryptocurrency movement's ecology, made into a single platform. Whatever is provided in singular coin and their support services is all handled from the inside.

The program is even updated from the inside and hash checked automatically, it's programmed to a level of security that is unheard of, whatever it's purpose, it's ready for war.

The control of the currency is in the hands of a few caretakers, very likely passionate believers in the NXT ideology, and they have the features and technology to back it up.
Who would of thought? a Monetary system build into NXT to make your own NXT? What?! It's mimicking the entirety of the cryptocurrency movement inside itself!

When I look at SuperNet and all it's other programs... I see a concerted effort; each piece is being assembled one by one and integrated into what came before and all marketed in a way that makes it seem like they are seperate services, but there is only one SuperNet.

If I take everything provided, SkyNet, FinHive, Multi-Gateway, Pangea, TradeBots, etc... they build on each other.

SkyNET: Artificial Intelligence system for distributed automated computing. This speaks for itself no need to learn something new or train, SkyNet can give you the resources to be a pro.

FinHive: Builds upon SkyNet providing financial analysis that would cost thousands, take years of education and lengthy exams to be able to do effectively.

Atomic: Cross-Chain ledger, do transactions safely within the environment of a DAC.

DeBuNe: Decentralized Business Network, Juxtaposed against SkyNet this provides easy access to experts/ businesses and freelancers that can compliment the AI's intelligence by providing real world benefits, plus a natural fact checking feature provided by real people.

It impresses me that it is all being built slowly but surely. I merely have to see what is available in the Bitcoin ecosystem to see what will be built NXT.

I can't wait.

Throw in the voting feature, distributed storage, and other featured detailed in the Technology tree and NXT starts looking like a cross between a government and a Distributed Operating System.

I talked with BCnext when they were still considering the design of NXT; The approach that they took struck me as odd, I though maximum market share would be a better design, but that's not what BCnext wanted, they wanted a slow growth rate. Looking back... now I understand, and it makes me wonder what it was that they wanted to achieve that was so profound that they had to see if Humanity was prepared to accept their vision.

A Global Decentralized Operating System for every man, woman and child across the earth. I'm guessing here, but it's the only direction the technology tree leaves room for, NXT is free and extremely powerful in it's final form.

http://www.nxttechnologytree.com/

But the icecream guy assured me it was a scam..  Huh
EvilDave

Activity: 854

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 10:43:30 PM

@jdbtracker: excellent post, mate. You do a better overview of Nxt than me...... Grin

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
hiddensphinx
Legendary

Activity: 1457

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 12:11:37 AM

I see the heading of this thread has changed from "Is NXT a scam" to " NXT is a proper cryptocurrency"

but trolls still stick around here

Take your Bitcoin and Altcoin trading strategy to another level with Trade Santa! - https://tradesanta.com/en/site/set-referral-cookie?referral_id=111843
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2015, 12:47:27 AM

prepared to accept their vision.

A Global Decentralized Operating System

What a crapulent utopian heap of blue-sky marketecture, mission creep, and feature-bloat!

If more than one of those vaporware unicorns actually existed, it would be dependency hell.

NXT's near-infinite ambitions so far exceed its scam-asset-platform core competency that an apt metaphor escapes me.  I literally can't even.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
jdbtracker

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 02:19:03 AM
Last edit: September 22, 2015, 02:31:57 AM by jdbtracker

I understand what they are trying to accomplish, it is what Bitcoin has already done, but they are building a iron curtain around it.

The design of Bitcoin was to do one thing very well, Finance, one of many uses for the Blockchain. The community was to build around it, giving each member a chance to create something great to succeed for themselves and many have. The meme of the Blockchain has spread successfully to fill in further gaps in Bitcoin's services.

NXT on the other hand is extremely ambitious, they are building it all themselves behind the defenses of the NXT Blockchain. A very ingenious thing, but no guarantee that they will accomplish it successfully. The leaders of NXT are determined and without a doubt will accomplish what they have set out to do, but they will need support to do it in a timely fashion. The development environment that they are working in is no doubt a hostile environment, they feel controlled dissemination is necessary to bring forth their vision uncorrupted.  It's a grand vision and I know for sure that even when NXT is fully built it will not be BCnext's vision, but a stepping stone towards it.  I can imagine it will be grand if it requires such careful planning.

Their ideology is NOT one that values Money but Human Capital... their monetary system renders NXT secondary to the user created assets, empowering the user to create Value & Wealth with NXT used only as a Arcade Token to play. It makes me think that it is merely a tool, an interface for enhancing users decision making ability on a grand scale, from there only Science Fiction ideas come to my mind: Global Distributed AI, Verified Information, Dynamic Job Assignment... this is a paradigm shift re-organizing the way things are done globally independent of Nations, Governments and Corporations.

A world controlled by Smart Contracts exchanging assets and commodities of all types and sizes world wide; Trade-bots allocating resources sharing dividends with investors; AI learning and adapting to global Demand & Supply with Independent Business support... Quite possibly causing the Singularity to occur through Crowd-Sourced insight of all Human knowledge verified by AI assistants.

but of course they have to finish it first. 

DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 03:52:02 AM

Monero will soon become Nomorero.   Grin

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
Sarahiko

Activity: 772

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 04:00:23 AM

NXT could have been  the next biggest cryptocurrency because of its large user base but some programmer mess it all up, and many have called it a scam because of the few holding the bags.
yassin54
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 09:22:49 AM

"We are the descendants of Bitcoin. We are the continuation of the cause it started, but that perished with its centralization. Come in NXT."

https://twitter.com/MagicNxt/status/645496179569131520 RT  Cheesy
yassin54
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 09:27:42 AM

@jdbtracker Just beautiful post  Kiss Kiss
jdbtracker

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 10:20:24 AM
Last edit: September 22, 2015, 10:45:44 AM by jdbtracker

Just speaking my mind that is all. it's all speculation... but it would explain why they are holding the bag; Something big is afoot.

It just seems obvious to me what will happen when you give free expert knowledge to everyone and give them tools to use it. What if everyone had a 3D printer capable of building whatever they wanted? What if you had a assistant that was versed in all aspects of Law, Trade, Medicine, Science, Manufacturing, etc? Could speak every language on earth?

It would erase all barriers that we live under now; no need for jobs, economic development would be a joke; Language would be an abstract concept, merely a tool to transcribe ideas: Whatever you can dream of building can become a reality with the right resources.

The Engineers, Scientists, Business leaders, Doctors role as community advisers would be gone. We are already starting to see that, but still can't quite be sure that what we are reading is real or not.  too much misinformation going around to be useful... even getting useful cooking information on the internet can be daunting.

It's the dream of a decentralized world, information is free, new and better services are being built every day, and the last bastions of power, Finance, Business, Science, Manufacturing are being decentralized. It's only a matter of time. I think NXT is trying to build a network to consolidate and incubate those ideas within a small community. The foundations to do it are there, but we'll see how it goes.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: