Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:57:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The beginning of the end?  (Read 1541 times)
Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 08:41:52 PM

I suspect that TBF is becoming too overpowered, because they launched a few projects to get influence over millions newbies. And I don't believe in their good intentions.

First of all I'll tell u how I came to this conclusion...

Some time ago I visited the Bitcoincard site and noticed disinformation:

After a while I met similar disinformation again:

I found it via this topic:

I used WHOIS service to get info about the owner of BITCOINCARD.ORG:

Then I googled "Thomas Holzinger" and found:

The very 1st post showed:

I checked NEFTVODKA.COM and saw "Thomas Holzinger" again:

Skimming thru the topic let me to find links between BitInstant and Erik:

I googled more and found other proof of the link:

I returned back to Bitcoincard:

And read that blog:

Here is the picture at the bottom of the blog:

The same ppl are founders and directors of TBF:

I think that all these ppl (Charlie, Erik, Gavin and the other) are trying to mislead newbies. Bitcoincard is a big step towards Bitcoin popularity. Backed by "Foundation" it will definitely get almost 100% spreading among future bitcoiners. This will let owners of Bitcoincard (mentioned ppl) to "write" any amounts on the cards making bitcoins out of thin air. Then we'll face fractional-reserve banking and other "nice" features of real-world banking system.

We ought to stop this before it's too late.
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kangasbros

Activity: 812
Merit: 1006

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 08:47:18 PM

Pointless rambling. If you don't like TBF, don't give money to it or start your own foundation. A thread like this doesn't add any kind of value at all to anyone.

Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 08:50:27 PM

Can't believe people don't see obvious things...
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2012, 08:53:55 PM

I suspect that TBF is becoming too overpowered, because they launched a few projects to get influence over millions newbies. And I don't believe in their good intentions.

I think that all these ppl (Charlie, Erik, Gavin and the other) are trying to mislead newbies. Bitcoincard is a big step towards Bitcoin popularity. Backed by "Foundation" it will definitely get almost 100% spreading among future bitcoiners. This will let owners of Bitcoincard (mentioned ppl) to "write" any amounts on the cards making bitcoins out of thin air. Then we'll face fractional-reserve banking and other "nice" features of real-world banking system.

Is this some sort of sick joke?

All you proved was that Bitcoincard and NEFT Vodka have similar investors.
They asked many of us including Bitcoin Austria, Amir Taaki from Intersango, and many others who were there to test Bitcoincard.
At the same time, we got to meet Thomas who is General Manager of NEFT. He also gave us many free bottles which we took to Brazil.
That last picture is one of me, so what?

Neither of them have anything to do with BitInstant or the foundation.

Please stop crying, and making dumb posts that have nothing to do with anything.

You've really out done yourself with your stupidity. None of your pictures or comments actually connect, they mean nothing.

This will let owners of Bitcoincard (mentioned ppl) to "write" any amounts on the cards making bitcoins out of thin air.

The fact that you think thats possible just shows your lack of understanding of how Bitcoin works.

So yeh, we create 'fake Bitcoins' and then people want to withdraw USD. If they were fake coins, then we'd be losing millions of USD.

I shouldnt even be entertaining this, so dumb.

Can't believe people like you exist in this world who believes in this moronic nonsense.

Get a life.

Actually, debate me!

Prove what you are saying, give me a factual argument or debate me like others have done.

You make me sick.

-Charlie

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
Ei Cot

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 08:54:04 PM

This will let owners of Bitcoincard (mentioned ppl) to "write" any amounts on the cards making bitcoins out of thin air.

Please provide evidence to back the highlighted allegations.  Seems like scaremongering to me.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3066

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2012, 08:54:07 PM

With respect, if you need such a long post to explain it, it's hardly obvious.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
deeplink

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

In cryptography we trust

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 08:58:57 PM

Are you serious or joking?

Not sure about TBF myself, but what you say here is not possible imo

One cannot make Bitcoins out of thin air and the BTC is converted to USD before it is loaded onto the debit card. How could you create a fractional-reserve system with that? Please explain what you mean.
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 08:59:37 PM

This is a Bruno parody, right?

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
jimbobway
Legendary

Activity: 1304
Merit: 1014

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 09:00:50 PM

This is like the Kevin Bacon's six degrees of separation but OP modified it with 13 pictures for 13 degrees of separation.  Kevin Bacon is in the picture with Gavin and Charlie if you look close enough.
greyhawk

Activity: 938

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 09:01:25 PM

You're no Phinnaeus.
Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 09:02:28 PM

Actually, debate me!

Prove what you are saying, give me a factual argument or debate me like others have done.

Hard to debate when u don't provide information which is supposed to be transparent. I'm still waiting for the address which was used to pay MtGox's membership fee.

I'll talk to Peter and get this information to you asap.
Thank you in advance.

and from ur PM

Hello. I hope u didn't forget about me.

Of course not! Im talking to him now
Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 09:04:09 PM

One cannot make Bitcoins out of thin air and the BTC is converted to USD before it is loaded onto the debit card. How could you create a fractional-reserve system with that? Please explain what you mean.

I'm talking about Bitcoincard. With unaccessible proprietary software inside the chip.
Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 09:06:52 PM

You should spend some extra time learning about the Bitcoin protocol and less time pulling insane conspiracy theories out of your ass.

Thx for advice, but I know enough about Bitcoin protocol. Am I the only one who suspects that MtGox uses fractional-reserve on its exchange?
mjsbuddha

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

yung lean

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 09:08:36 PM

can you ban someone for being a derp?
Etlase2

Activity: 798

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 09:09:22 PM

I'm talking about Bitcoincard. With unaccessible proprietary software inside the chip.

It's a debit card bro...

Besides pointing out that voorhees lies about bitcoin's features constantly, you have uncovered nothing that I can see.

Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 09:09:32 PM

Please provide evidence to back the highlighted allegations.  Seems like scaremongering to me.

I have no evidence, only suspicions. I will be happy if it's just scaremongering.
Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 09:12:05 PM

It's a debit card bro...

Besides pointing out that voorhees lies about bitcoin's features constantly, you have uncovered nothing that I can see.

U r wrong. From http://bitcoincard.org/product/:

Our Bitcoincard, a stand-alone device that in effect acts as an electronic wallet, can be used to hide the wallet in a safe place (outside the computer, making it inaccessible to hackers).

It is worth noting in this regard that:

digital signature keys are created and stored inside the card, and never leave it;
the card does not have an operating system or the ability to download additional software, which protects the card from attacks by viruses;
the exchange protocol with the outside world is simple and protected by encryption;
if the card is lost, the money it contains is also irrecoverably lost;
the card is completely anonymous;
the card has unmatched energy efficiency, and does not need to be charged;
the card has unprecedented processing power for an ordinary smart card;
the cards can perform peer to peer transactions using their own radio protocol in the absence of any communications infrastructure;
the cards should periodically come close to any gateway in order to synchronize their state with the global bitcoin system.

In essence, Bitcoincards are Bitcoin clients and support the following operations:

creation of an electronic wallet (addresses);
receipt of coins from Bitcoin clients;
transfer of coins to Bitcoin clients;
transfer of coins from card to card (bypassing the Bitcoin system during transfer, but having all transactions subsequently recorded in the system and verified by it).
deeplink

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

In cryptography we trust

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 09:15:51 PM

AFIAK the BTC i converted to USD and then loaded onto the card. Then the card holder can spend it anywhere like using a normal debit card.

If the card magically starts creating money after loading my BTC on it, I sure as hell want one. But that would screw the card issuer or BitInstant, not me.
Etlase2

Activity: 798

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 09:17:22 PM

I guess I am. Haven't bothered reading anything about it. This isn't the debit card thing from bitinstant? whatevs

Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2012, 09:17:36 PM

Actually, debate me!

Hard to debate when u don't provide information which is supposed to be transparent. I'm still waiting for the address which was used to pay MtGox's membership fee.

I'll talk to Peter and get this information to you asap.
Thank you in advance.

and from ur PM

Hello. I hope u didn't forget about me.

Of course not! Im talking to him now

Have some damn patience, we are working on it.

I have no evidence, only suspicions. I will be happy if it's just scaremongering.

What you say its not physically possible

Waiting for you to debate me on these facts...hurry up.

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: