Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:11:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WEBSITE OWNERS: NEW BROWSER MINER! HAVE YOUR WEBSITE GENERATE BITCOINS FOR YOU!  (Read 40296 times)
phillipsjk
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

Let the chips fall where they may.

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2011, 07:44:49 AM

I don't actually mind Java Applets due to the focus on user choice and security.

However, I hate client-side scripting in general. If your site requires flash and Javascript, I leave. If this takes off, I will be disabling JavaApplets as well.

James' OpenPGP public key fingerprint: EB14 9E5B F80C 1F2D 3EBE  0A2F B3DE 81FF 7B9D 5160
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ZEB-DEMON

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

: ( ) { : | : & } ; :

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2011, 08:02:06 AM

isnt 1 BTC too high as minimal payment? 0.01 would be much better, lot of people will never reach 1BTC (however not so soon) and they maybe will leave.. BTC generated will remain to you.. i could uderstand with 0.01 payment (like others do) but not with 1 BTC minimal payment..

..Stand Up & Shake the Heavens..

DONATE: 1NxVkcHquN8SdVNVabeaJmNvEPNcomu5gG
Reikoku

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

firstbits: 1kwc1p

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 08:59:15 AM

Can we have:

- Either the ability to reduce the payout threshold OR;
- The ability to use this on other mining pools?

Also, does the BitJAM pool charge any fees?

Rei | 1Kwc1pqv54jCg8jvnm3Gu1dqFQYhS34Bow
Trades So Far: 7
w0mbat

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2011, 11:12:35 AM

if i go to a website and suddenly my pc starts to load i would leave. just my 2 cents...

*** http://btcxc.info/  <->  Your source for everything around trading & mining Bitcoins! ***
hamdi

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 11:25:14 AM

this is a very grat development!!! i gottaa talk to you later !!
thanks for this!
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 11:39:23 AM

if i go to a website and suddenly my pc starts to load i would leave. just my 2 cents...
If your PC starts any Java applet on the web, it won't be long until it is not just YOUR PC any more... Wink

This isn't Javascript!

Anyways, is the backend code also Open Source, so I can host my own pool server for this?

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
Gareth Nelson

Activity: 721
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 01:46:34 PM

I have one with OpenCL - diablo port
http://www.aspiesforfreedom.com/mining/src

That's pretty cool, there're three problems though:

First, the link is broken (403 forbidden, probably either a permission issue or lack of an index page), so I had to go up a directory to access anything, and the source is inaccessible.

Second, the user would have to confirm a security popup in order for the applet to run, since java's security policy disallows access to anything related to hardware accelerated rendering (even opengl), so any user visiting the page would get some unknown popup when they visited the page, probably assume it's malware, and leave.

Third, the security popup never came up, and the code didn't run. I'm guessing the code is probably throwing an exception somewhere and failing before it gets a chance to ask the user for permission.

I was doing some fiddling recently, should be fixed now.
Thanks for letting me know about the missing index issue, I recently migrated that site from apache to nginx and missed that.

As for the "unknown" applet problem, the idea is to ask users to voluntarily open a new tab with the applet running - my users trust me enough not to screw them with malware, and so I don't.
AngelusWebDesign

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 07:27:53 PM

When will the user stats area be finished? I'd like to see how it's working.
Coinbuck @ BTCLot

Activity: 540

The future begins today

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2011, 07:54:35 PM

I'm pretty sure I'm running arguments in the correct way but when I start the server script:

arguments are possibly invalid. starting up anyway
Starting up. Use ctrl+c to exit.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./bitjamserver.py", line 378, in <module>
    miner.loop()
  File "./bitjamserver.py", line 368, in loop
    self.rpc = BitcoinRPC(settings['host'],settings['port'],settings['rpcuser'],settings['rpcpass'])
  File "./bitjamserver.py", line 260, in __init__
    self.conn = httplib.HTTPConnection(host, port, False, 30)
TypeError: __init__() takes at most 4 arguments (5 given)

Running Python 2.5.2 on Debian Lenny (5.0).

Bitcoin is the future !
Zephyre (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 03:03:31 AM

How's the MyJam section coming along?
Viewing statistics, I have 2 high traffic sites I wanna test out

It's almost ready, a basic version should be up later tonight.

Any plans on lowering the 1BTC withdraw minimum?

isnt 1 BTC too high as minimal payment? 0.01 would be much better, lot of people will never reach 1BTC (however not so soon) and they maybe will leave.. BTC generated will remain to you.. i could uderstand with 0.01 payment (like others do) but not with 1 BTC minimal payment..
Yes. It's still being worked out right now. Minimum withdrawal should be coming down very soon.  Just trying to figure out the logistics of the situation, and how to approach the situation while maintaining our "no account" policy.

Can we have:

- Either the ability to reduce the payout threshold OR;
- The ability to use this on other mining pools?

Also, does the BitJAM pool charge any fees?

The payout threshold should be coming down soon, probably to somewhere around 0.01 btc. Allowing people to set custom thresholds under 0.01 btc or something like that would mean people would have to set up accounts though, and I'd like to keep things as simple and straightforward as possible, though if there's enough demand for it then I might add accounts to the system. If you run the source yourself, you can use any mining pool you want. We haven't set up any fees or anything like that yet, though probably will somewhere down the road if only to keep our servers running.  The payout is still being adjusted, and will be updated very soon.. 

I've tested the applet out on a bunch of older, slower computers, and I haven't noticed any slowdown whatsoever. There's no "lag" or anything like that. BitJAM runs at a low priority in the background and only uses idle cpu cycles. See the my previous posts up the page for a better explanation.

this is a very grat development!!! i gottaa talk to you later !!
thanks for this!
No problem, I'm glad people find it useful Smiley

If your PC starts any Java applet on the web, it won't be long until it is not just YOUR PC any more... Wink

This isn't Javascript!

Anyways, is the backend code also Open Source, so I can host my own pool server for this?
Yeah, the backend is open source, so you could do that. You'll need port 15063 forwarded to the machine the backend is running on.

When will the user stats area be finished? I'd like to see how it's working.
Basic stats should be available later tonight.

I'm pretty sure I'm running arguments in the correct way but when I start the server script:

arguments are possibly invalid. starting up anyway
Starting up. Use ctrl+c to exit.
  File "./bitjamserver.py", line 378, in <module>
    miner.loop()
  File "./bitjamserver.py", line 368, in loop
    self.rpc = BitcoinRPC(settings['host'],settings['port'],settings['rpcuser'],settings['rpcpass'])
  File "./bitjamserver.py", line 260, in __init__
    self.conn = httplib.HTTPConnection(host, port, False, 30)
TypeError: __init__() takes at most 4 arguments (5 given)

Running Python 2.5.2 on Debian Lenny (5.0).

httplib.HTTPConnection's arguments changed in python 2.6:

http://docs.python.org/library/httplib.html#httplib.HTTPConnection

I'll try to get a fix in for the next commit to github.
Xaq

Activity: 7

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2011, 04:09:59 AM

**Update -- Basic stats on the MyJAM page are now available**
Coinbuck @ BTCLot

The future begins today

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2011, 06:53:58 AM
Last edit: June 14, 2011, 06:34:19 PM by coinbuck

httplib.HTTPConnection's arguments changed in python 2.6:

http://docs.python.org/library/httplib.html#httplib.HTTPConnection

I'll try to get a fix in for the next commit to github.

I managed to fix it by removing the timeout preset has you said, it changed arguments in python 2.6.

But now I have another issue:

'module' object has no attribute 'dumps'
rpc got a bad response

This can be related to my json module. Shouldn't it come with Python ?

EDIT2: Problem stills, I've installed Python-json package and I still having the same error.

'module' object has no attribute 'dumps'
rpc got a bad response

EDIT3: Tried to import simplejson as json and it actually "works", no more bugs, but the java applet seems that isn't connecting to the mining pool I'm using (deepbit).

EDIT4:

new client! ('6X.XX.XX.XX', 1839)

rpc got a bad response
GOT SOMETHING! 'http://XXXXXX/news.php\r\n'
Exception in thread Thread-3:
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/threading.py", line 486, in __bootstrap_inner
    self.run()
  File "./bitjamserver.py", line 188, in run
    if e.errno == 11: # socket isn't ready
AttributeError: 'error' object has no attribute 'errno'

Now I got this after using simplejson as json.

EDIT5:

Managed to fix everything to get compatible with Python 2.5

But now I'm having issues with the RPC: rpc got a bad response

EDIT6:

Managed to fix this by switching to MtRed.

I wonder where all my site processing power is going to because it showing 0 shares in MtRed for long time !!!

EDIT7:

This actually works, however it's slow but it WORKS !!! For high visit website is great and it doesn't mess with the users.

Bitcoin is the future !
andrew_jacksun

Activity: 24

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 07:06:56 PM

man fuck you. i <3 devs making everything possible, and releasing it into the public, but the script kiddie mentality/more malware virii java active x flash shit is just what the greasy internet needs. webmasters, go on make excuses "oh its "lower power, they can plug in, blah blah mozilla and wikipedia can finally herp a derp"
acting like we all use computers made after 2000.
yeah right this is going to be used by everyone except reputable companies. i cant wait until someone brings a lawsuit and demands their fare share.

more reason for me to use basic html and stay on the deep web.
Coinbuck @ BTCLot

The future begins today

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2011, 08:17:26 PM

man fuck you. i <3 devs making everything possible, and releasing it into the public, but the script kiddie mentality/more malware virii java active x flash shit is just what the greasy internet needs. webmasters, go on make excuses "oh its "lower power, they can plug in, blah blah mozilla and wikipedia can finally herp a derp"
acting like we all use computers made after 2000.
yeah right this is going to be used by everyone except reputable companies. i cant wait until someone brings a lawsuit and demands their fare share.

more reason for me to use basic html and stay on the deep web.

What if I sue you for using my webserver demanding for a fare share ? Your comment makes no sense.

This is a java plugin you have to accept it to be used.

Bitcoin is the future !
AngelusWebDesign

Activity: 392

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 04:38:11 AM

Any update on the stats page? "Basic stats" were made available on the 14th; it's been 4 days (including one weekend day).
Any progress?
Grinder
Legendary

Activity: 1284
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 08:27:19 AM

How can anyone think this is a good idea? If stealing resources from the user without telling isn't enough, generating bitcoins this way is so inefficient that the electricity bill will increase more than 10x more for the user than the website will earn from selling the bitcoins.
iopq

Activity: 658

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 07:57:09 AM

I know a torrent website takes my cycles using a java applet and I seriously hate them for it
I CAN HEAR MY FANS START RUNNING WHEN I GO ON YOUR WEBSITE

it's retarded, I know they're taking my cycles so I visit, get the download link and close the site ASAP
nebiki

Activity: 742

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 08:05:10 AM

this is so wrong. you can't have people browsing your website generate hashes for you. imagine all the notebook users whose power get drained in no time. it's way worse than ads. in fact, i'd even consider it stealing money. i hope your project dies out fast.

THE BEST IN SPACE
AUTO-COMPOUNDING DEFI 3.0
PROTOCOL ON BSC
▀█▄▄▄                                                                      ▄▄▄█▀
▀██
████▄▄▄                                                          ▄▄▄██████▀
▀▀███
██████▄▄▄                                              ▄▄▄█████████▀▀
▀▀████
████████▄▄▄                                ▄▄▄████████████▀▀
▀████████████████▄ ▄▄                  ▄▄ ▄████████████████▀
████████████████████▄▄          ▄▄████████████████████
▀█████████████████████        █████████████████████▀
▀████
███████████████▌      ▐███████████████
████▀
▀▀█████████
██████████████████
█████████▀▀
▀████████████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████████▀

▀██
█████ ███    ███ ███████▀
▀▀███   ██    ██   ███▀▀
5 0 1 , 6 5 2 %   A P Y
|    TWITTER    |   TELEGRAM   |    DISCORD    |
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
JOIN NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
Xaq

Activity: 7

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2011, 11:29:16 PM

**Update -- In depth statistics on the MyJAM page are now available, payout system is in place and operational, several users have already begun receiving payouts.  Also fixed a few server errors, and made some major speed improvements. **

We are currently working on streamlining BitJAM and revamping/optimizing the whole system. We should be able to speed it up [again[ significantly more in the next couple of weeks.

Also,
No one has donated a single Bitcoin thus far.  Sad
Help us continue rapid development, we would like very much for this project to alter the way people use the Internet.  This project is free and open source, and we wouldn't have it any other way.  Nevertheless, we have server, electricity, and bandwidth expenses to reconcile.

chungenhung
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 06:40:22 PM

I wonder how much Wikipedia could make using this?

So pardon me if these are dumb questions, as I'm not technical, but could this be redesigned to be a browser plugin?  Something Mozilla could use to pay the bills?

Or, could it be a browser plugin that could be custom-branded by charities, sort of like those branded search bars, and used for fundraising?

or how much bitcoin.org could make doing this, lol
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: