Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:41:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WEBSITE OWNERS: NEW BROWSER MINER! HAVE YOUR WEBSITE GENERATE BITCOINS FOR YOU!  (Read 40286 times)
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2011, 05:39:04 PM

subscribing... hope this project isn't dead for good

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
byronbb
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

HODL OR DIE

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 10:01:05 PM

Flash game developers might really be interested in this.

LordGreynick

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2011, 10:02:03 AM

Anyone make any progress here?

I'm after a GPU leveraging applet / app that can be launched from a web page. One that doesn't require WebCL or Firefox (will work with all browsers). Asking for user's permission is fine too.

I'm willing to pay someone a reasonable amount of BTC for this functionality.

btc_artist

Activity: 154
Merit: 101

Bitcoin!

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2011, 11:42:16 PM

One that doesn't require WebCL or Firefox (will work with all browsers).
I don't know that the technology's there yet.

BTC: 1CDCLDBHbAzHyYUkk1wYHPYmrtDZNhk8zf
LTC: LMS7SqZJnqzxo76iDSEua33WCyYZdjaQoE
LordGreynick

Activity: 127

View Profile
November 16, 2011, 08:55:22 AM

At face value it looks like BitMinter works?

Will have to try it out.
P4man

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 16, 2011, 09:05:22 AM

At face value it looks like BitMinter works?

Will have to try it out.

You should. It works great. With my ATI cards, performance is second only to cgminer. I also found it rockstable; before switching to cgminer Ive run it for months nonstop with no issues, no memory leaks (which I find amazing for a java app Smiley ) and no crashes.

If you are running it on non dedicated machines, make sure to decrease the break interval setting. 10 or so is fine if you want a responsive desktop, and it doesnt hurt performance all that much.

CPU mining with bitminter is lousy compared to other CPU miners, but then cpu mining is pointless anyway. Not sure why the option is still there.

kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2011, 05:18:59 AM

the website www.bitjam.org does seem to work...

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
tonto

Activity: 609

View Profile
November 17, 2011, 06:36:42 PM

Actually, Flash game-makers might totally be able to take advantage of that and have it even sneak by experienced miners.  (This only holds true if a miner is mining from his/her main computer as well, like used for browsing, etc).  Since Flash video hogs my GPU, a Flash game could be coded to mine and the casual miner would think it was just Flash overhead, etc.  I even noticed that Firefox now has this annoying plugin-container.exe (to help with Flash, etc, crashing) that ends up sucking GPU (I determined later that since Flash is within this, you can kill plugin-container.exe to get your GPU back, but if you had anything running Flash shit, it'll kill flash on those websites, but this might help you get rid of unwanted Flash videos (like from advertisements or something))
P4man

Activity: 518

View Profile
November 17, 2011, 06:43:22 PM

Actually, Flash game-makers might totally be able to take advantage of that

I seriously doubt flash exposes OpenCL interfaces to flash apps.

Since Flash video hogs my GPU,

Flash player itself uses GPU acceleration for some things, like videodecoding (youtube hd). Thats not the same as allowing flash apps to access those resources.

BTW, what you probably notice is not flash hogging anything, but the AMD drivers clocking your GPU down to 400 MHz in UVD mode when you have hardware accelerated flash enabled and while you watch youtube. If you dont want that, just right click on youtube movie, and disable hardware acceleration. Your cpu will do just fine and your hashrate will barely be impacted by watching youtube or any other flash app.

Liam W

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2012, 06:13:09 PM

Site not working for me Sad
dooferorg

Activity: 163

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 06:54:45 PM

We can hope that this horrible idea died off then Smiley

BTC: 1dooferoD3vnwgez3Jo1E4bFfgMf81LR2
ZEC: t1gnToN2HZW4GD52kofEVdijhRijWjCNfYi
Herodes

Activity: 868

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 10:58:21 PM

Congratulate on your achivements, as it's probably been many long hours coding, however I think anyone thinking about using visitors browsers to mine bitcoins should label this very clearly on their websites. I would not tolerate it if a website uses my local resources to mine, without me knowing.

06/06/2011 -- UPDATE: Official launch of the Bit•JAM website.
06/12/2011 -- UPDATE: Applet optimized for hyper-threading/multi core CPUs.  Hash rate increased exponentially.
06/12/2011 -- UPDATE: Official Launch of the embeddable browser miner! Drop it in your website/blog/whatever and start generating some "coin flow."
06/13/2011 -- UPDATE: Basic stats on the MyJAM page are now available.
06/20/2011 -- UPDATE: Enhanced statistics are now available on the MyJAM page. Payout system is up and going. 0.06 bitcoins have been paid out to various users so far. Various fixes on the backend (shouldn't crash anymore). Still need to take a look at python2.5 compatibility, some significant improvements should be coming soon.

Your website traffic could be generating Bitcoins for you. Is it?

Bit•JAM - Bitcoin Java Applet Miner - Allows you to do just that. We're open source, and with multi-threading capabilities we're the fastest browser miner on the web! Drop our embed code in your website and start generating some real "coin flow!" There's no sign-up, no user accounts, just plug in your walled I.D., copy, paste, and kick back.

Note: While the embed code is fully functional and stores a record of who has created what shares, it will not actually start paying out for another day or two as we are currently in the final testing stages of the payout code. Rest assured, however, that you may start using the embed code right now and your earnings will be safely and securely stored and recorded.

If you like Bit•JAM please donate some bitcoins

1FyMZskjC9fXSYATVXP3TH3NNeD9E1Pynp

greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 11:07:47 PM

Don't worry. This abomination is over a year old and thankfully dead in the water.
Herodes

Activity: 868

View Profile
September 22, 2012, 04:22:05 PM

Scam... Psh. The only scam here is bitcoin.org, making people feel like their efforts are welcome and then bashing them down whenever things get complicated or uncomfortable. It's clear NONE of you here are programmers, and that's truly sad and annoying considering bitcoin needs developers, not just more knowledgable and judgemental end users.

I'm a coder. I know it takes a shitload of time to create anything worthwhile, I simply don't like the 'miner in browser' idea. Simple as that. Not saying it isn't impressively done, or that it's not a good achivement technically, because it is.

It's a bit like you park your car in a parking lot, and then someone wants to suck electricity, oil or gasoline out of it.
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2012, 04:40:29 PM

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: