Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 07:56:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ...  (Read 449 times)
turtlehurricane (OP)

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
⇾ ...
August 18, 2015, 12:21:48 AM
Last edit: September 27, 2015, 01:46:30 PM by turtlehurricane

Soros Shorts
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1617
Merit: 1012

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 05:18:22 AM

I always make a hard copy of the image of the 2FA QR code and put it in a safe. When I throw away my phone every 6 weeks or so I can set Google Authenticator on the new phone just by scanning the picture.
Envrin

Activity: 318
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 05:27:56 AM

I use LBC quite a bit, and love their service / site.  I don't even have 2FA enabled though.  Don't bother, as the longest I have BTC sitting there is maybe 60 seconds, before it gets flipped into an escrow trade.
bitbaby

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2015, 07:43:06 AM

You should have taken backup of your 2fa Key which is required to generate codes and then you could have entered into your new phone's Google Authenticator and that way you wouldn't need to reset the 2fa. Are you logging in from the same IP you used to before? It might be that LBC suspects that your account was sold along with the email and the new owner is trying to reset the 2fa. Their verification mails are really buggy and I have faced similar problems before because I had enabled 3fa on my account, which is you have to enter the code received in your mail whenever you login from another computer and they usually are very late.

lexuz

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Me, myself and I

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 08:47:46 AM

You should have taken backup of your 2fa Key which is required to generate codes and then you could have entered into your new phone's Google Authenticator and that way you wouldn't need to reset the 2fa. Are you logging in from the same IP you used to before? It might be that LBC suspects that your account was sold along with the email and the new owner is trying to reset the 2fa. Their verification mails are really buggy and I have faced similar problems before because I had enabled 3fa on my account, which is you have to enter the code received in your mail whenever you login from another computer and they usually are very late.

If account without backup 2fa, reseting 2fa can open again that's account. Because i have trouble with my account and now i try reseting my 2fa
letyouearn
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 10:36:35 AM

I had to get a new phone earlier this year and lost access to my Localbitcoins account. I tried resetting 2-FA twice now. It doesn't let you remove 2-FA for 2 weeks when using your email as verification. I usually find the reset email several days after they send it since it is not my top priority, and it is always expired. So they expect me to reset it again and wait another 2 weeks. This would be the 3rd time now so like 6 weeks of waiting !?!

Screw you localbitcoins! You're playing games on purpose. My account doesn't even have BTC in it so this is pointless. I want my account back and
I'm starting to get angry, if I reset it twice it's obvious I control the email and no one else is accessing this account.

What a frustrating website.... another reason I barely use it.

You may also know that after 2FA removal request is initiated, you must not login for a whole 2 weeks. Doing this will cancel your 2-FA Removal .

I have use LBC much more and I really feel safe to trade on it with some known and trusted traders.

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
..CPLAY - IDO.████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L 
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
Immortal Tech

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 10:50:39 AM

It should be difficult to remove 2-factor. These are just security precuations. If it was easy and took seconds people would certainly complain when it got hacked and you lost all your coins.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: