Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:51:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: While I was sleeping they deleted "The beginning of the end" topic...  (Read 3001 times)
Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 05:17:10 AM

I'm upset. Anyone care to explain why the topic against TBF was deleted? This one - http://www.google.by/#q=https:%2F%2Fbitcointalk.org%2Findex.php%3Ftopic%3D115487.20

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Ei Cot

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 05:22:36 AM

I'm upset. Anyone care to explain why the topic against TBF was deleted? This one - http://www.google.by/#q=https:%2F%2Fbitcointalk.org%2Findex.php%3Ftopic%3D115487.20

Wasn't that the one with the huge screencaps pointing out that the members of the Bitcoin Foundation have done business with each other before in other bitcoin-related ventures, and with the hilarious evidence-free accusation at the end that they're planning to create fake bitcoins and destroy the market?
jimbobway
Legendary

Activity: 1304
Merit: 1014

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 05:24:45 AM

I thougt the the thread was better than other troll threads and probably needed to be moved and not deleted.  Everybody seems to like to exert power.
Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 05:25:41 AM

Wasn't that the one with the huge screencaps pointing out that the members of the Bitcoin Foundation have done business with each other before in other bitcoin-related ventures, and with the hilarious evidence-free accusation at the end that they're planning to create fake bitcoins and destroy the market?

Yes. But not accusations - I just explained how they can use their influence in the future.
damnek

Activity: 614
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 05:41:47 AM

I reported the previous thread as "annoying FUD" to the forum staff just as I am reporting this one, as it belongs to the meta forum. The ties of bitinstant with bitcoincard and neft are well known and have been mentioned in the neft thread.
kjj
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 06:03:52 AM

Don't be so hard on the guy.  It looked like he put a lot of work into finding those public details that everyone already knew.

17Np17BSrpnHCZ2pgtiMNnhjnsWJ2TMqq8
I routinely ignore posters with paid advertising in their sigs.  You should too.
greyhawk

Activity: 938

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 08:02:35 AM

Don't be so hard on the guy.  It looked like he put a lot of work into finding those public details that everyone already knew.

I concur. Why would one stop him from undermining trust in Bitcoins just so he can push his alternacoin?
Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 08:31:53 AM

http://dedecentralizationofbitcoin.wordpress.com/
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 11:33:25 AM

I deleted the thread which was my first instinct upon reading it anyway. It was trolling and off topic. I even checked with the forum administrator and he agreed although he suggested I could have moved it to off topic instead.

What you posted was facts that most of us already knew and then you made a conclusion for which you had no supporting evidence. I'm sorry but that's trolling and does not belong into the Bitcoin Discussion.

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 11:38:09 AM

I deleted the thread which was my first instinct upon reading it anyway. It was trolling and off topic. I even checked with the forum administrator and he agreed although he suggested I could have moved it to off topic instead.

What you posted was facts that most of us already knew and then you made a conclusion for which you had no supporting evidence. I'm sorry but that's trolling and does not belong into the Bitcoin Discussion.

Instead of deleting threads you can move them to the trashcan. Less of a problem if you made a wrong decision by deleting it.
hazek
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 11:39:11 AM

Instead of deleting threads you can move them to the trashcan. Less of a problem if you made a wrong decision by deleting it.

I did do exactly that.  Wink

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 4345

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 11:43:22 AM

Perhaps it was not "substantial enough"

This was the reason given for the recent deletion of a thread of mine in the speculation subforum.

Disturbing degree of arbitrary power thrown around by moderators here, let users decide the merit of threads.

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.
Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 11:53:34 AM

I deleted the thread which was my first instinct upon reading it anyway.

U wrote u had left it coz it was funny reading. Why did u change ur mind? Well, never mind.

When I saw that my topic was removed I thought someone of TBF founders asked to do this. I was mistaken and this is good news. Anyway I'll keep an eye on every major step of TBF.
URSAY
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 12:06:09 PM

I was reading that thread.  Ehhhhhhhhhh...

Seriously?   Angry

WHO DO YOU PROTECT?  WHO DO YOU SERVE?
Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 12:24:56 PM

I was reading that thread.  Ehhhhhhhhhh...

Seriously?   Angry

WHO DO YOU PROTECT?  WHO DO YOU SERVE?

Strange question. I protect the original idea of Satoshi - decentralization.
memvola

Activity: 938

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 12:38:32 PM

If the thread contained damaging personal information about the individuals in question, then deleting might have been necessary.

If not, it's a decision that is mildly supporting Come-from-Beyond's fundamental worry.

I remember that one thread I was discussing in was deleted and I had found it offensive. I have no copies of the text I've posted in that thread, and I spent hours in total writing all that.

Threads shouldn't be deleted on the grounds of them being off-topic or dumb. If you don't want them to be bumped, lock and move them to off-topic.
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5194
Merit: 12972

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 02:25:16 PM

I remember that one thread I was discussing in was deleted and I had found it offensive. I have no copies of the text I've posted in that thread, and I spent hours in total writing all that.

I can give you copies. Posts are almost never permanently deleted. (I still have deleted posts from 2010.)

Threads shouldn't be deleted on the grounds of them being off-topic or dumb. If you don't want them to be bumped, lock and move them to off-topic.

That creates too much clutter, and it isn't convenient for moderators. Moving a post is currently much more difficult than deleting it, and even if that was fixed moderators would still have to think about whether each post should be deleted (because it's automatic spam, etc.) or removed-but-archived.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 02:57:23 PM

That creates too much clutter, and it isn't convenient for moderators.

Oh, man. This is the best excuse of freedom of speech violation I've ever heard...
hazek
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 03:41:57 PM

Oh, man. This is the best excuse of freedom of speech violation I've ever heard...

This forum is private property, if you don't like the owner's rules you are free to express yourself somewhere else.

Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 03:49:25 PM

This forum is private property, if you don't like the owner's rules you are free to express yourself somewhere else.

What rule have I violated? Care to point?

Btw, u have not completed the phrase
This forum is private property

It should be
This forum is private property of MtGox
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: