Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:48:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lets pretend for a minute that major BTC companies are scams.  (Read 2427 times)
Transisto
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2012, 09:07:12 AM

While at it, What would happen if everyone on the forum is in fact fake and you're only talking with bots.
Do you wish that everyone on the forum is in fact fake and youre only talking with bots?
No, I'm wondering what would happen IF.
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 09:08:43 AM

While at it, What would happen if everyone on the forum is in fact fake and you're only talking with bots.
Do you wish that everyone on the forum is in fact fake and youre only talking with bots?

Do you wish that []?
Transisto
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2012, 09:11:55 AM

Do you wish that []?
No, I'm addicted to brain farts.
greyhawk

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 09:12:50 AM

Do you wish that []?
No, I'm addicted to brain farts.
You are being a bit negative.
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 10:24:00 AM

Are you sure that I am you are being a bit negative?

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
greyhawk

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 10:38:08 AM

Would you prefer if I were not sure that youre im being a bit negative?
ElectricMucus (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2012, 04:57:43 PM

Oh boy, it seems creating this thread got me into the orange ignorelist territory again - I was yellow for a while, almost got me worried.... Mission accomplished I'd say  Cheesy

The fact that EVERYONE isn't operating on this assumption already is of utmost concern to me. People are so blinded by their greed that they have forgotten all of the evil entities that prey on any new technology. People are so quick to hand their money over to some mostly anonymous person they met on the internet. And we're not just talking about bitcoins either. Bitcoin related scams are sucking up real cash just as much as they are sucking up bitcoins.

Thanks for this insightful post. It's spot on for the premise of this thread.

Bitcoiners are often so much blinded by greed that we forget the essential scepticism when doing business:

A company is offering cutting-edge tech with a preorder requirement? Demand proof of activity and capability!
Somebody is offering securities or asking for a loan? Demand a rigorous and fully open business model!
Buying bitcoins on a unaudited exchange? Withdraw them instantly to make sure they are really there!
FLHippy

Activity: 784
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 05:19:30 PM

Oh boy, it seems creating this thread got me into the orange ignorelist territory again - I was yellow for a while, almost got me worried.... Mission accomplished I'd say  Cheesy

How many people have to ignore you to be yellow?
How many to be orange?
Is there a red?

Wink

WHALES HEAVEN
Custody-free Swapping Platform
◈  ────────  Reddit ⬝  BountyWebsiteTelegramTwitterGitHub  ────────  ◈
ElectricMucus (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2012, 05:26:26 PM

How many people have to ignore you to be yellow?
How many to be orange?
Is there a red?

Wink

I think I saw someone red too, but I'm not sure.
From what I have been told the ignore indicator isn't a fixed threshold but depends on the posts count and/or  registering date of the members ignoring you. The exact mechanism isn't public in the hope that it can't be exploited.
benjamindees
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 12:24:26 PM

Would you prefer if I were not sure that youre im being a bit negative?

+1

Civil Liberty Through Complex Mathematics
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: