Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:15:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What's going to happen to the old returned BFL Singles and Mini-Rigs?  (Read 1283 times)
Fuzzy (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 05:32:21 AM

Does anyone know what BFL is going to do with all of the old/returned Singles and Mini-Rigs after the trade-in period has ended and they effectively become outdated? Will they be re-purposed or recycled in some way?

I ask b/c I'd like to pick up a Mini-Rig for old times sake, especially if I can get it for the same $22/Gh ratio as the CS single, which comes to ~$540 (compared to the current going price of $15,000).

Anyone have any information?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 05:41:04 AM

The FPGA chips that are in them can be sold as used chips for quite a lot more than $540. I'm assuming this is what they'll do.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
pieppiep

Activity: 1596
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 06:19:30 AM

Maybe they add memory to them and start mining litecoin  Grin
Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 05:37:41 PM

or maybe they will start mining with them all.....

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
fuxianhui888

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 12:48:48 PM

The FPGA chips that are in them can be sold as used chips for quite a lot more than $540. I'm assuming this is what they'll do.

I agree,the price will be higher than  $599
ice_chill

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 01:48:07 PM

For what it's worth, at the London Bitcoin Conference Josh stated that BFL planned to keep the returned FPGA equipment in case there was ever a protocol change and a lot of mining power was needed for the new protocol before new ASICs could be produced.

Makes sense as their business is based on Bitcoin existing so it's in their interest to protect it, not to mention that during protocol change they can mine a whole load of coins as difficulty will drop.
bitmar

Activity: 182

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 02:10:33 PM

For what it's worth, at the London Bitcoin Conference Josh stated that BFL planned to keep the returned FPGA equipment in case there was ever a protocol change and a lot of mining power was needed for the new protocol before new ASICs could be produced.

If the protocol will change BFL will earn a lot of money on the mining and selling new ASIC Smiley I hope that main bitcoin developers are not corrupt Wink
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 07:01:23 PM

They'll be added to Inaba's 480Ghps farm.

Meanwhile, the customers who send in their trade-ins will receive bricks, or nothing, and BFL will claim shipping delays (if nothing is shipped) or a firmware problem (if bricks are shipped) or similar.

Then they will have your millions in pre-order monies, all your trade-in FPGAs to mine with, and you will have nothing but frustration.

Call me a pessimist.

What happened to your hashrate sig Inaba?  Was that a little too much truth for ppl to handle seeing?

Q. You are going to have an unfair advantage when it comes to mining equipment, you’ll be able to get as much as you want before anyone else!
 A. I will not be expanding my mining footprint as it would be a conflict of interest.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
aqrulesms

Activity: 373
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 07:07:40 PM

If the protocol will change BFL will earn a lot of money on the mining and selling new ASIC Smiley I hope that main bitcoin developers are not corrupt Wink

The community could always refuse to switch the new protocol.  After all, a change can only happen when 51% of people switch to a new wallet.

██ ██    ██ ██    ▀ ██ ██ ██ ██  ██
      ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄      ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄
      ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀      ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀
      ██    ██ ██ ██      ██    ██ ██ ██
   ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄      ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄    ▄▄ ▄▄
   ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀      ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀    ▀▀ ▀▀
      ██ ██ ██ ██ ██      ██ ██ ██ ██ ██    ██  
▄▄    ▄▄ ▄▄    ▄▄ ▄▄      ▄▄    ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄
▀▀    ▀▀ ▀▀    ▀▀ ▀▀      ▀▀    ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀
     ▀ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██
    ██  ▄  ▄▄  ▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄  ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄
        ▄▄ ▀▀ ▄▄ ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀ ▄▄ ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀
        ▀▀  ▀ ▀▀ ██ ██ ██ ▀▀  ▀  ██ ██
         ██ ██ ▄▄ ▄▄    ▄▄ ██ ██ ▄ ▄▄
           ▄▄  ▀▀ ▀▀    ▀▀      ▄▄ ▀▀
           ▀▀    ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ▀▀
UCHAIN  ▄█▄   
▀█▀
▄ ▄
███
 ▀
█▄█
▀█▀
▄ ▄
███
 ▀
█▄█
▀█▀
▄█▄   
▀█▀
▄ ▄
███
 ▀
█▄█
▀█▀
▄ ▄
███
 ▀
█▄█
▀█▀
▄█▄   
▀█▀
▄ ▄
███
 ▀
█▄█
▀█▀
▄ ▄
███
 ▀
█▄█
▀█▀
.████████████████████████.
██████████████████████████
███▄     ███████     ▄████
█████     █████     ██████
█████ ▌    ███▌     ██████
█████ █     █▌ ▐    ██████
█████ ██      ▐█    ██████
█████ ███    ▐██    ██████
████▀ ▀███   ███    ██████
██▀     ▀██ ██▀      ▀████
██████████████▀     ▀█████
███ ▀████████▌        ▄███
███    ▀████▀        ▄████
███                 ▐█████
████                ▐█████
██████              ██████
███████           ▄███████
██████▀         ▄█████████
████▄▄      ▄▄████████████
.███████████████████████.
█████████████████████████
███████████████████▀▀▀███
█████████████▀▀▀ ▄    ███
████████▀▀     ▄█▀   ▐███
████▀▀       ▄█▀     ████
█▀         ▄██      ▐████
████▄▄▄  ▄██▀       █████
███████████        ▐█████
██████████         ██████
██████████ ▄██▄▄  ▐██████
█████████████████████████
.███████████████████████.
bustaballs

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 05:38:13 AM

Meanwhile, the customers who send in their trade-ins will receive bricks, or nothing, and BFL will claim shipping delays (if nothing is shipped) or a firmware problem (if bricks are shipped) or similar.

Then they will have your millions in pre-order monies, all your trade-in FPGAs to mine with, and you will have nothing but frustration.

Call me a pessimist.

What happened to your hashrate sig Inaba?  Was that a little too much truth for ppl to handle seeing?

Q. You are going to have an unfair advantage when it comes to mining equipment, you’ll be able to get as much as you want before anyone else!
 A. I will not be expanding my mining footprint as it would be a conflict of interest.

And how are they going to get away with it when hundreds or thousands of people are claiming fraud?

When they end up actually shipping, you're going to look like a giant idiot and I expect you'll start a new account out of such serious embarrassment.

Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 05:59:48 AM

Call me a pessimist.

What happened to your hashrate sig Inaba?  Was that a little too much truth for ppl to handle seeing?

And how are they going to get away with it when hundreds or thousands of people are claiming fraud?

When they end up actually shipping, you're going to look like a giant idiot and I expect you'll start a new account out of such serious embarrassment.

I understand BFL_Sonny somehow got away with ~$20m from his mail fraud lottery/ponzi scheme.  The feds certainly never recovered it.

No, if I'm wrong, I'll admit it and live with however that makes me look.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
bitmar

Activity: 182

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 09:34:46 AM

Call me a pessimist.

What happened to your hashrate sig Inaba?  Was that a little too much truth for ppl to handle seeing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmPD_YSQ--k   - Nefario get away... Very reliable man ,He was even at a conference in London, everyone could see his face

Pirate get away....
Many others also get away...
You do not convinced me.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: