Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 07:24:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Russia Ukraine News: Is War Coming?  (Read 511 times)
cryptocoiner (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

hyperboria - next internet

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2015, 08:26:27 AM

Russia Ukraine News: Is War Coming? Vladimir Putin Calls Emergency Defense Meeting As Conflict Continues To Escalate

Russian-backed rebel forces in Ukraine are building up to "full combat readiness" after an urgent meeting between Russian President Vladimir Putin and some of his top military advisers. The announcement that the rebels were getting prepared in eastern Ukraine came hours after Putin called the defense meeting.

The situation on the ground in Ukraine has been tense lately. Violence has surged in recent months. Ukrainian officials have claimed that the pro-Russian forces have violated a peace treaty signed in February and have targeted Ukrainian troops with heavy weaponry.

The head of Ukraine's national security and defense council has said that the "shelling is carried out around the clock using large-calibre artillery and multiple launch rocket systems, prohibited by the [peace agreements]. During the day, the enemy carried out 153 artillery attacks." War, apparently, is imminent and soldiers in the area had their August vacation leave taken away following concerns that the violence might escalate more and result in an all out confrontation.

Also on Friday, it was reported that Russia and Finland might be preparing to go to war with one another. The two countries share over 800 miles of border. The reserve units in Finland on active duty jumped from 6,000 to 18,000 from last year to this year as tensions between Helsinki and Moscow have become increasingly strained.

Meanwhile, pro-Russian forces have begun claiming that the Ukrainian troops are fighting back with lethal weapons acquired from Italy and Poland. The allegations have been denied by Kiev, which has said that its efforts to unblock the flow of lethal weapons from its allies in the last 18 months have so far been thwarted.

http://www.ibtimes.com/russia-ukraine-news-war-coming-vladimir-putin-calls-emergency-defense-meeting-2055050

Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 10:35:26 AM

Well, I guess most of the harvest is done, coal bunkers, tea boxes and vodka barrels are refilled, soldiers are back from holidays, all the gear fixed and nicely tidied up, Porky and Rats grabbed and sold what they can and got some fresh meat, as  heard recently the ukies moved back their heavy gear near to the LPR/DPR borders, the rebels did the same, so everybody and everything are ready for the next chapter.

I'd bet for more LPR/DPR victories and territorial gains.
blablahblah

Activity: 775

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 11:00:20 AM

Well, I guess most of the harvest is done, coal bunkers, tea boxes and vodka barrels are refilled, soldiers are back from holidays, all the gear fixed and nicely tidied up, Porky and Rats grabbed and sold what they can and got some fresh meat, as  heard recently the ukies moved back their heavy gear near to the LPR/DPR borders, the rebels did the same, so everybody and everything are ready for the next chapter.

I'd bet for more LPR/DPR victories and territorial gains.

But why would they want territorial "gains"? Aren't they simply fighting for independence on the land they've got? Why would they want more land? You make it sound like they're working for Moscow. Or at least, Moscow keeps sending resources to those useful idiots. A couple of years ago, nobody ever heard of LPR or DPR. Why not? Obviously because they didn't have any money or guns back then. Think about that.
eerygarden

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 11:20:25 AM

Perhaps it is. Is it time to assemble the troops? Humans and conflict seem unavoidable. I expect these stories to be similar all throughout life. All one can do is try to stay safe. Madness.
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 01:01:31 PM

But why would they want territorial "gains"? Aren't they simply fighting for independence on the land they've got? Why would they want more land? You make it sound like they're working for Moscow. Or at least, Moscow keeps sending resources to those useful idiots. A couple of years ago, nobody ever heard of LPR or DPR. Why not? Obviously because they didn't have any money or guns back then. Think about that.

Territorial gains thing: Originally they claimed the entire Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts. I guess they didn't gave up on that, and if you compare the performance of the rebel and the government forces, I would say, they have a good chance to achieve that goal.

A couple of years ago they haven't had any real reason for an uprising, but in last year the then new Ukrainian government wasn't careful enough and they provided a reason for an uprising and also provided a reason for Moscow to support that.

The rebels maybe just useful idiots for the bosses in Moscow, but don't forget that they are "brothers in need" for great many Russians, so they can easily get support from other Russians and those who want to forge some political capital can easily do that by satisfying this popular demand.
sportfan

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 02:20:00 PM

its very possible Sad
BlackPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 02:44:54 PM