Print  
Author Topic: ...  (Read 5352 times)
Klestin

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 09:08:40 PM

To the OP: Who cares?

The number of nodes running XT has nothing whatsoever to do with the rollout of 8MB block support.  That depends entirely on the blocks mined % crossing 75%, followed by a 2-week delay.  Those numbers can't be faked, and for now are at 0.1%.

And no, the mining of a BIP 101 block does NOT create a fork.  Core reads and understands those blocks perfectly well.  It will not fork until the first > 1MB block is mined, which won't occur until after the rollout, and possibly not for weeks or months after that.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 10:00:51 PM

I don't see any issues with that... I've configured nodes both on VPS and on a server of my own. It depends on what's cheaper and on what you feel comfortable with. I'd be more worried with fake nodes than with nodes running on VPS's
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2015, 10:09:57 PM

for now, 10% of all nodes are on XT and NotXT...

Fixed it.

Mostly free trials?  LOL, so much for the mighty Gavinista economic majority.  More like broke kids bored because summer vacation!   Cheesy

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 10:13:16 PM

for now, 10% of all nodes are on XT...

11%!

Since I got in this train, never a dull day. Cheesy

before XT : 5800-5900
after XT : 6500

problem ?  Roll Eyes

Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 10:23:36 PM

for now, 10% of all nodes are on XT...

11%!

Since I got in this train, never a dull day. Cheesy

problem ?  Roll Eyes

Oh that's clearly brand new users, enticed in by all the uncertainty presumably.

Vires in numeris
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2015, 10:29:25 PM

problem ?  Roll Eyes

The problem is you are counting NotXT nodes (and Pseudonodes) as XT nodes.  Let me know how that works out for you.   Tongue

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 10:45:51 PM

I undertook the painstaking effort of seeing how many virtual servers/cloud servers were being used as nodes for Bitcoin XT, since the node # rose alot the past few days. No less than 250 nodes are virtual servers from Amazon, Microsoft, Digital Ocean, etc. Seems like almost every company that offers free trials has at least a handful of Bitcoin XT servers. There might be quite a bit more since I didn't have time to research all the different companies.

So 40+ % of Bitcoin XT nodes are definitely virtual servers, they're trying to inflate their numbers to appear credible. Free virtual servers have little power so they're obviously not mining, and won't help Bitcoin XT gain ability to take over the network. The only thing they do is create an illusion.

https://getaddr.bitnodes.io/nodes/?q=/Bitcoin%20XT:0.11.0/

more then a happy coincidence one would say. replies can twist all they want tis obvious someones faking.
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 10:58:22 PM

problem ?  Roll Eyes

The problem is you are counting NotXT nodes (and Pseudonodes) as XT nodes.  Let me know how that works out for you.   Tongue

wtf is this notxt thing?

besides i think the guy meant that it is just pure new fake nodes, as in no old nodes migration towards xt. or at least thats how i see it.
slaveforanunnak1

Activity: 743
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 11:08:57 PM

This is bull. If ever we see xt nodes being run on free trials on virtual servers, we will see bitcoin fall to the ground. Why fake the stats? Desperation, I think.

I've said it over and over...
the powers that be can't stop bitcoin! they can't simply shut TCP/IP. but they can take over the Dev team..Gavicough... i mean If i recall, the "folks at the CIA" had  a  little chat with Gavin didn't they?
no one knows what the fuck they talked about. I don't trust Gavin, XT, or mike for a millisecond.

FUCK XT!!! FUCK YOU GAVIN.. FUCK YOU MIKE!!! FUUUUUUUUCK YOU
quakefiend420
Legendary

Activity: 784

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 11:09:53 PM

This is bull. If ever we see xt nodes being run on free trials on virtual servers, we will see bitcoin fall to the ground. Why fake the stats? Desperation, I think.

the powers that be can't stop bitcoin! they can't simply shut TCP/IP. but they can take over the Dev team..Gavicough... i mean If i recall, the "folks at the CIA" talk a chat with Gavin didn't they?
no one knows what the fuck they talked about. I don't trust Gavin, XT, or mike for a millisecond.

FUCK XT!!! FUCK YOU GAVIN!! FUUUUUUUUCK YOU

Real mature.
slaveforanunnak1

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 11:10:16 PM

the powers that be can't stop bitcoin! they can't simply shut TCP/IP. but they can take over the Dev team..Gavicough... i mean If i recall, the "folks at the CIA" talk a chat with Gavin didn't they?

Real mature.

Roll Eyes
quakefiend420
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 11:13:17 PM

Real mature.

Roll Eyes

Are you contending that you're not acting like a 12 year old?
slaveforanunnak1

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 11:16:14 PM

Real mature.

Roll Eyes

bitcoin is being taken over right in front of our eyes and i should be worried about being mature?
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 11:19:10 PM

Real mature.

Roll Eyes

bitcoin is being taken over right in front of our eyes and i should be worried about being mature?

+1 while we're at it, fuck you USGAVIN and GOOGLEHERAN Kiss

and who da fuck is this Tom Harding that i see in their new governance BS?

https://bitcoinxt.software/faq.html#who-is-involved
meono

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 11:20:18 PM

Real mature.

Roll Eyes

lol, you just confirmed you're a 12yrs old.

Someone took candy from you huh? Must throw tantrum !
quakefiend420
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 11:24:46 PM

Real mature.

Roll Eyes

Ever heard the phrase "permissionless innovation"?  The only way that the network is changing is if the majority wants it to.

What you see as a takeover I see as free market principles at work.  No one can take over Bitcoin unless everyone agrees to it.
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 11:32:25 PM

Ever heard the phrase "permissionless innovation"?  The only way that the network is changing is if the majority wants it to.

What you see as a takeover I see as free market principles at work.  No one can take over Bitcoin unless everyone agrees to it.

gotta love the naivety
meono

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 12:03:44 AM

gotta love the naivety

gotta love conspiracy.

balu2

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 12:05:57 AM

Ever heard the phrase "permissionless innovation"?  The only way that the network is changing is if the majority wants it to.

What you see as a takeover I see as free market principles at work.  No one can take over Bitcoin unless everyone agrees to it.

gotta love the naivety

gotta love conspiracy.

Well, it's a software propagation war and the outside world preceives it as such. Nothing anyone would want to have his own money involved.

Good luck people, i'm on a coin with less issues. Laterz...
Calabi–Yau Manifold

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 09:42:42 AM

so 1BTC = 2BTC soon  Shocked  Grin  Roll Eyes
ouch
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: