Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:03:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: FREE Tipster Competition - 1 BTC in PRIZES - Registration Closed  (Read 18705 times)
shulio
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 01:26:27 PM

Very important update:

First: A new note has been added to the rules:
Duplicate accounts are not allowed in the competition. Anyone caught with a duplicate account will be disqualified.
This was obvious, but we decided to put it there to make it clear.

Second: We decided to change the maximum odd restriction.
You can now read in rule 5.1 in the Betting Rules section:

--------
5.1 The minimum number of bet slips required to qualify can increase if your largest winning bet is won at odds above 10.
In this case that minimum will be two times that odd.

As an example:
You largest winning bet is won @11. This way you will have to place a minimum number of 22 bets in order to qualify (11 x 2 = 22 bet slips).
--------

This does not reduce the previous minimum of 20 bets, this can only increase that minimum.
For example, if your highest winning bet is <=10 the minimum is still 20, but if your highest winning bet is @11, you will have to place a minimum of 22 bet slips in order to qualify for prizes (@11 x 2 = 22 minimum bets).

This way players have a better chance of recovering a negative % ROI, but the luck factor will still be reduced since they have to place more bets because of that.

Good rules, I see some people betting with odds more than 10 and only depends on their luck. Good strategy but I think it is not fair because if you win 1 10 odds then you get 45 % ROI already so thats not really fair  if you win some slip and stop at high ROI
FrueGreads (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 01:32:36 PM

Good rules, I see some people betting with odds more than 10 and only depends on their luck. Good strategy but I think it is not fair because if you win 1 10 odds then you get 45 % ROI already so thats not really fair  if you win some slip and stop at high ROI

Well players already have to place a significant amount of bet slips to reduce the luck factor. Besides your best chance to win at those odds is to make a parlay, and you require some skill along with some luck to make that happen. We try to make this competition fair and based on skill, but we can't ignore that luck is still part of sports betting so we can't just make very rigid restrictions, and prevent players from betting the way they usually do.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

shulio
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 01:35:29 PM

Good rules, I see some people betting with odds more than 10 and only depends on their luck. Good strategy but I think it is not fair because if you win 1 10 odds then you get 45 % ROI already so thats not really fair  if you win some slip and stop at high ROI

Well players already have to place a significant amount of bet slips to reduce the luck factor. Besides your best chance to win at those odds is to make a parlay, and you require some skill along with some luck to make that happen. We try to make this competition fair and based on skill, but we can't ignore that luck is still part of sports betting so we can't just make very rigid restrictions, and prevent players from betting the way they usually do.

Not really skill I think, bet on some sure win team so your chance to win will be high. Make a parlay of only good team and the parlay will have more chance to win but with this rules they can not only depends on luck by betting this parlay but also skill, so good rules
vennali
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1081

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 02:54:04 PM

Isn't there a risk of duplicate accounts creating multiple accounts and participating in the contest ?

I don't think directbwt would mind alt account but it depends on if they have a strategy to weed out ALTs...
Its almost impossible to detect duplicate accounts.

Isn't there a risk of duplicate accounts creating multiple accounts and participating in the contest ?

We are doing what we can to prevent that, but of course there is no bullet proof system. We had a minimum rank required to join in this late registration week, but that would also prevent honest players to be able to join, so we decided to remove it. Besides there could already be users with duplicate accounts in the forum so that would not completely solve it, and was preventing real users to join.

I would say that strategy of a minimum level might have worked. But again , its very much possible duplicate accounts be betting in a way so one of them wins big.

Raphesiius

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 06:36:12 PM

Hey! Count me in please!

Name:  Raphesiius
Coin address: 1BrHDEHQ4uFR4aLMQTeh1sQoqxSiwofFbW
Bankroll: 0.5 BTC

Rock on DirectBet!
DirectBet
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2015, 07:10:03 PM

Hey! Count me in please!

Name:  Raphesiius
Coin address: 1BrHDEHQ4uFR4aLMQTeh1sQoqxSiwofFbW
Bankroll: 0.5 BTC

Rock on DirectBet!

You're in. Good Luck !

philiveyjr
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 07:50:29 PM
Last edit: August 25, 2015, 08:07:53 PM by philiveyjr

Hi I made my first bet.. but I forgot to change the "Bitcoin address where you'd like to receive your winnings" to the registered addy... so is the bet still counted? and can I transfer the funds winning funds to the registered address incase I win?

FrueGreads (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 08:22:19 PM

Hi I made my first bet.. but I forgot to change the "Bitcoin address where you'd like to receive your winnings" to the registered addy... so is the bet still counted? and can I transfer the funds winning funds to the registered address incase I win?

I'm afraid that bet will not count for the competition. Bets are not added manually to the leaderboard, they are added automatically and we need the payout address to be the same one you used when you registered.
If you really want that bet to count for the competition I'm afraid you will have to place it again with the correct address.

You can transfer any funds in and out of the competition address, as we do not control that. It's really up to you, but there is nothing we can do about your bet.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

philiveyjr
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 08:27:43 PM

I'm afraid that bet will not count for the competition. Bets are not added manually to the leaderboard, they are added automatically and we need the payout address to be the same one you used when you registered.
If you really want that bet to count for the competition I'm afraid you will have to place it again with the correct address.

You can transfer any funds in and out of the competition address, as we do not control that. It's really up to you, but there is nothing we can do about your bet.

The coins was sent from the registered address.. just the winnings would be given out to another addy..! Its fine Ill just put the cash back into my registered addy once I win. n change the addy on the winnings section on directbet.

FrueGreads (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 08:51:20 PM

The coins was sent from the registered address.. just the winnings would be given out to another addy..! Its fine Ill just put the cash back into my registered addy once I win. n change the addy on the winnings section on directbet.

Yes I understand, the problem is that you did exactly the opposit. You can send the coins from any address (many wallets only work that way actually), but you must always set your payout addres to the one resgistered in the competition (that's how we identify you and your bets on the competition).

And you don't have to put the cash back into your registered address. You can do it if you want but we do not control the amount of coins you have on your payout address, we just need that everytime you place a bet, you set your payout address to the one registered on the competition!

Thank you for understanding.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

philiveyjr
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 08:53:58 PM

Yes I understand, the problem is that you did exactly the opposit. You can send the coins from any address (many wallets only work that way actually), but you must always set your payout addres to the one resgistered in the competition (that's how we identify you and your bets on the competition).

And you don't have to put the cash back into your registered address. You can do it if you want but we do not control the amount of coins you have on your payout address, we just need that everytime you place a bet, you set your payout address to the one registered on the competition!

Yup.!! Got it mate.! i have set my addy now to the registered one.! I won that game.. sucks to have not counted in.. Ill try again! Smiley

FrueGreads (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 08:58:24 PM

Yup.!! Got it mate.! i have set my addy now to the registered one.! I won that game.. sucks to have not counted in.. Ill try again! Smiley

Thank you for understanding, and good luck for the rest of the competition!

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

Heroin

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 11:57:21 AM

Hey! Count me in please!

Name:  Heroin
Coin address: DCcmvqamQV2DCvZyAsZtAM3YoGwAQzf9oq
Bankroll: 100 000 Doge.
DirectBet
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2015, 12:24:09 PM

Hey! Count me in please!

You were added. Good Luck !

bitcoinmar

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 09:42:23 PM

Hey! Count me in please!

Entires are still open or close because many members still entering ?
vennali
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1081

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 10:00:26 PM

Hey! Count me in please!

Looks like it. One good thing to implement would be atleast to stop newbies from registering to prevent duplicate accounts.

sakira

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 12:39:15 AM

- Name: sakira
- Coin address: 1JPmS7aJ2cJ8eWLtcHnA6m6979rPmtRLkE
- Bankroll for the competition: 0.1BTC
Coef

Activity: 882

Exhausted

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 03:38:34 AM

Looks like it. One good thing to implement would be atleast to stop newbies from registering to prevent duplicate accounts.

As stated in the OP, "late registration will remain open until 30 August", so you can still join the competition if you like.
Also, I believe user "Heroin" is the last newbie participant, as the OP had already been edited to stop newbies from registering while the entrant list was updated.

Late registration will remain open until 30 August
(Now only Jr. Member and above)

DirectBet
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2015, 08:07:03 AM

- Name: sakira
- Coin address: 1JPmS7aJ2cJ8eWLtcHnA6m6979rPmtRLkE
- Bankroll for the competition: 0.1BTC

Welcome. You're in. Good Luck !

FrueGreads (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 08:41:25 PM

Yes as Coef said, entries are still available! The Late registration period only ends at 30 August, so you all still have 3 more days to join, and will have 3 weeks to participate, so everyhting is still possible.

(newbies are no longer allowed to join, as it would be to risky to mantain resgistration without restrictions, because of the possibility of duplicate accounts)

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████