Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 12:04:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: They have their coins and are happy  (Read 454 times)
cafucafucafu (OP)

Activity: 812
Merit: 509

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 01:39:35 PM

So my other topic got deleted! This isn't good the childish behaviour will only hurt them.

Anyhow I just want to say one incentive for those who want to keep the block limit is that they already have wealth. These guys are very early adopters who are happy with the number of coins they have. They see a block size increase as risky.

The others want bitcoin to grow. They want bitcoin for everyone.

NextTroll

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 06:21:09 PM

So my other topic got deleted! This isn't good the childish behaviour will only hurt them.

Anyhow I just want to say one incentive for those who want to keep the block limit is that they already have wealth. These guys are very early adopters who are happy with the number of coins they have. They see a block size increase as risky.

The others want bitcoin to grow. They want bitcoin for everyone.
You have a point the issue isn't exactly about transactions but the future of bitcoin and that is what I don't see a lot of talk about. This should really be called the commodity or currency debate, the current blocksize will lead to a gold like thing used only for trading of large transactions or cashing out to fiat while the larger blocks will push for it to be a currency.

I think for the health Bitcoin should increase blocks but I do like the idea of it being a commodity personally but Bitcoin is larger than my and my personal wants.

Bitcoin to be like gold and currency  Grin
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

--------------->¿?

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 06:23:31 PM

I think for the health Bitcoin should increase blocks but I do like the idea of it being a commodity personally but Bitcoin is larger than my and my personal wants.

If everybody here would have this attitude we wouldn't be in such a mess  Undecided

maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 07:17:13 PM

Op so you are insinuating that people with extreme wealth and early adopters with a lot stashed coins don't want any changes because they will lose their coins if XT will take over?
Correct me if I am wrong, but how this will happen? Bitcoin won't split into two coins but instead evolve into one big XT version and everything will be the same, beside block size etc.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: