Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 05:46:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Greece to Receive 1,000 Bitcoin ATMs as Trust in Banks ‘Long Gone’  (Read 940 times)
dodgecharger (OP)

Activity: 1005
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 04:31:23 PM

Bitcoin service provider and exchange Cubits has partnered with Greek bitcoin exchange BTCGreece to install 1,000 bitcoin ATMs and help small and medium sized businesses move money.

http://cointelegraph.com/news/115143/greece-to-receive-1000-bitcoin-atms-as-trust-in-banks-long-gone

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 06:26:00 PM

That is opening some doors for Greece,good news for them,I know that btc barter economy will soon launch and already a lot of people and businesses are interested in

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 03:24:36 PM

Bitcoin service provider and exchange Cubits has partnered with Greek bitcoin exchange BTCGreece to install 1,000 bitcoin ATMs and help small and medium sized businesses move money.

http://cointelegraph.com/news/115143/greece-to-receive-1000-bitcoin-atms-as-trust-in-banks-long-gone

The most needed thing for Greeks in this moment. Now Greeks finally can begin to know what is bitcoin and will change on it all the 60 euros which have right to have in one day. Then will change those again in fiat money to buy bread and other food to eat all meals.

This is ridiculous. They hope that the crisis in Greece will bring Greeks to bitcoin and they will have big profits. The last thing that Greeks need in these times are those ATM. But who knows. I might be wrong.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 05:18:43 PM

I am really sick of Coin Telegraph posting these sort of fake news again and again. These guys are one of the worst enemies of Bitcoin. Less than 1,000 people use Bitcoin actively in Greece. What they are going to do with 1,000 ATMs? One year ago, they published a similar news on the Unietd Arab Emirates, claiming that 400 Bitcoin ATMs are about to be installed there. More than a year has passed, and not a single ATM has been installed there. 
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 06:13:30 PM

I am really sick of Coin Telegraph posting these sort of fake news again and again. These guys are one of the worst enemies of Bitcoin. Less than 1,000 people use Bitcoin actively in Greece. What they are going to do with 1,000 ATMs? One year ago, they published a similar news on the Unietd Arab Emirates, claiming that 400 Bitcoin ATMs are about to be installed there. More than a year has passed, and not a single ATM has been installed there. 
While I share your opinion that this news are totally over exaggerated, and would be amused if even 10 or 20 of these ATMs will be installed in major cities. But it is still great press! I does not matter if it is partially fake. People and investors would hear about it and bitcoin awareness will grow.
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 07:29:08 AM

I think it's a welcome move if at least we see even 50 or 100 bitcoin atms in Greece. This will help propel the Greek economy but just hope this doesn't help Greeks to evade tax and take out black money and then we have another crisis on our hands..

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 07:38:35 AM

I read this somewhere else a while ago.  Whilst it is a good move 1000 ATMs in a country where it's people are pretty low on funds does seem a little absurd.  Here in the UK there is just 1 anywhere near me and I think only a handfull of others spread around the whole of the UK.  Good positive article though, if Bitcoin can help some people in that situation it is doing well.
trinaldao
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

Post your ann & bounty just contact me

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2015, 07:45:22 AM

I think more people from greece buy more bitcoin to use it everyday,
that why price up +5% at this day

cheers

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
n2004al
Legendary

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 07:48:01 AM

I think it's a welcome move if at least we see even 50 or 100 bitcoin atms in Greece. This will help propel the Greek economy but just hope this doesn't help Greeks to evade tax and take out black money and then we have another crisis on our hands..

Receive and install bitcoin 1000 ATM can help propel the Greek economy? This seems ridiculous to me. In which way those ATM will help the Greek economy? Will invent money? Or will bring money gratis from out of Greece. The Greek economy must be helped only with the hard work of all the Greeks and with the restructuring of every cell of their economy. Only in this way there must be hope that they can go out from the crisis. Don't exist another. As for ATMs those serve only that the its owners hope to make money with the crisis of the Greece.
mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 07:50:32 AM

I still don't know whats the big deal about bitcoin ATMs, they have ridiculously high fees , and why use something like this if you can be more or less anonymous on the internet as well.
n2004al
Legendary

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 07:54:10 AM

I still don't know whats the big deal about bitcoin ATMs, they have ridiculously high fees , and why use something like this if you can be more or less anonymous on the internet as well.

It is the fact that prove that the owners don't bother about bitcoin or about the knowing of it from the people but for their pockets. For this I wrote in my previous post that the bringing of 1 000 bitcoin ATMs in Greece serve only for the pocket of their owners and not for any other reasons.
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 02:38:19 PM

Good job folks!

Keep `em coming, invade greece with atm's and push forward the bitcoin front Cheesy

Every able bodied bitcoinner in greece must be sent to the frontline to fight the fiat enemy Cheesy

cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 03:28:34 PM

This is old news. Greece ain't doing anything revolutionary any time soon. The population and let alone politicians are too dumb to understand cryptocurrencies, and not only this, Bitcoin itself isn't ready to be used as an official coin for a country, not until we get blockstream working.
shane

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 03:33:07 PM

2015-08-18 12:55 PM
Author Joseph Young
Greece to Receive 1,000 Bitcoin ATMs as Trust in Banks ‘Long Gone’

This is old news, now Greece trust at bank again

▄▄██████▄▄
      ╓▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀███▄╖
   ▄███▀▀≈╜▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀╙≈▀▀███▄
 ▄██▀▄▓▀▄██▀╜    ╙▀██▄▀▓▄▀██▄
▐██,██║N▀`          '▀N║██ ██▌
██╜██╜╗                ╔╙██╙██
▐█▌█║                ║█µ▓▐█▌
▐█▌ ▐█║                ║█▌ ▐█▌
▐█▌▐╗█║                ║█╔▌▐█▌
██║▐█▄",              ,"▄█▌║██
▐██ ▀██½█▄▄        ▄▄█½██▀╓██▌
 ▀██▓▄▀▀╥▀▀▀      ▀▀▀╥▀▀▄▓██▀
   ▀▀███▓▄ª▀██████▀Q▄▓███▀▀
      ╙▀▀██▓▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀╜
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄       ▄▄        ▄▄    ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄      ,▄▄▄
  ▄███▀▀▀▀███▄  ▄██▀▀▀██  ▄██████████   ███     ▐██▄       ██▌   █████  ▀███    ▄███▀
 ▐██▀      ▀██▌▐█▀        ██▀          █████    ▐████╗     ██▌           ╙▀█▀ ,███▀
 ██▌        ▐██           ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███ ███   ▐██▀██▄    ██▌   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ╙ ╔███"
▐██          ██▌          ████████   ███   ███  ▐██ `▀██▄  ██▌   ███████▀   ▄███,
 ██▌        ▐██           ██        ███     ██▌ ▐██   ╙███╗██▌            ,██████▄
 ▐██▄      ▄██▌▐█▄        ██▄      ███       █▌ ▐██     ╙████▌           ╔███  ▀██▄
  ▀███▄▄▄▄███▀  ▀██▄▄▄██  ▀█████  ███           ▐██       ▀██▌   █████  ▄██▌    ▀███▄
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀             ▀▀        ▀▀    ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀"      "▀▀▀

coinpr0n

Activity: 910

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 05:19:49 PM

I hope no one invested too much in these ATMs, there's no need for 1000 of them in Greece. It's already hard to turn a profit on one even in a major city.

RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 05:22:59 PM

I hope no one invested too much in these ATMs, there's no need for 1000 of them in Greece. It's already hard to turn a profit on one even in a major city.

They could do it in 4 phases.

1) Put 5-10 ATMs in each major city
2) Contact all major newspapers + TV statitons  + Radio stations (for driver people to drop by ATMs) + Internet news sites and promote agressively bitcoin there, and tell them the coordinates of the ATMs
3) Organize Social media promotions or giveaways
4) Profit! You`ve just gathered tens of millions of eager customers Cheesy

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: