Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:56:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC Price FLASH CRASH!  (Read 6961 times)
Blawpaw (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 02:21:53 AM

LOL - watching this discussion panic is amusing.   You've got conspiracy theorists, bitcoin haters, panicky investor types, technical theorists, and general hand wringers coming out of the woodwork Smiley  And a few good comments also.

I can think of several reasons for what is going on.

1)  It could be related to the news coming out about the ItBit Bankchain Project.
ref: < http://www.newsbtc.com/2015/08/14/itbit-bankchain-project-based-on-distributed-ledger-not-bitcoin/ >

Let's face it - the Powers that Be are investing and focusing on the Blockchain.  Maybe there is behind the scenes knowledge that this is the breakout of a "Fiat Version Bitcoin" and people are dumping.   I mean - the story does imply that BIG financial institutions are committing to this "Non-Bitcoin Blockchain".  I think that is one scenario that is the scariest.  It's the elephant in the room that no one really talks about - the fact that it could happen.  It could happen repeatedly actually - several versions "Fiat Like Bitcoins" popping up in global regions.  Question is - would Bitcoin remain as the central Coin that binds them all?

2) Maybe "Satoshi" is dumping.   I mean, this is Satoshi's baby.  Let's face it - one of the biggest threats to the endgame Global Success of Bitcoin - would be too few controlling too much of the Bitcoin Supply.  Up and Down Waves where Bitcoin becomes more distributed amongst the masses makes for greater long term stability and strength of the Bitcoin System.  So maybe this was seen as simply an opportune moment to coincide and shake things up.  I mean - do you see the Spike Selling that is continual?  All it is is the broader expansion of Bitcoin into the global human community.  All part of the plan.  Do you really think "Satoshi's" great plan was to get a few of you rich.  

3) And as far as the Bitcoin vs Bitcoin XT thing goes - it'll get worked out.  And Bitcoin XT will prevail for the simple reason that for Bitcoin to survice to it's potential - it must.   As a matter of fact - if Bitcoin doesn't evolve to be able to handle all the blockchain ledger transactions that the big fiat guys are drooling over - then they REALLY WILL WIN, and ultimately develop their own "Fiat Bitcoin.

My guess is it's all good - unless you are in for the short run.

Peace, - d

Interesting point of view; and the only one making some sense to begin with.
Even though it draws a really scary scenario, it might be what's truly at stake...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TibanneCat

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

BTC > etc

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 02:23:12 AM

Noone sensible would have sold on bitfinex at those low prices.
That's why it was clear it was a costly attack to margin call the longs (and yes, to buy them back at a low price).

https://soundcloud.com/whaleclub-bitcoin/bitfinex-ceo-recording-after-18082015-flash-crash
tadakaluri

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2015, 02:33:05 AM

All the other Crypto Currency's are being murdered.
http://coinmarketcap.com/#USD      WTF is going on???

Because, without BTC there are no Crypto Currencies.

Can we imagine Crypto Currencies without Bitcoin?
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 02:55:53 AM

I don't understand, why selling pre-fork coins now? I just bought some cheap coins. Even there is a fork in near future, I would reserve the right to sell the coins on the chain that I don't like

Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 03:03:45 AM

I don't understand, why selling pre-fork coins now? I just bought some cheap coins. Even there is a fork in near future, I would reserve the right to sell the coins on the chain that I don't like
Let's be frank, only some percent of bitcoin users know the situation to the point that they are know exactly what is going on.
While majority don't know the situation and are afraid that their bitcoins will be useless in the future when fork will be split or some bullshit like that happen.
Luqman

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 03:35:59 AM

Bitcoin is over after Bitcoin XT ? I'm confusing BTC now  Huh
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 03:36:17 AM

The bitcoin price is free falling.

So, this is the right to start a discussion. Where will it stop?

What are the possible causes for the Flash CrasH?

My guess is, the Fork issue is one of the major causes...

what do you think?

Made me look at the price and sure enough... Now, I guess I have to read this thread. Thanks, bud.  Kiss
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 03:39:59 AM

Bitcoin is over after Bitcoin XT ? I'm confusing BTC now  Huh
They both use same blockchain. There is no difference. The drama is meant to confuse you.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 03:43:59 AM

I wish the Winklevoss twins would make a statement about this to calm stuff down.   Undecided
Yes of course, The Winkies.... explain why them making a statement would calm this down.

I have more faith in them then anyone with Bitcoin.  They have over $1 billion in BTC and worked their asses off in getting their Gemini through U.S. regulations to launch.  They literally are putting everything behind BTC.  Most of these other experts don't have much skin in the game.

lol winklevii own about 30k bitcoin
even if bitcoin were worth 1k each, thats 30 million$, so a fifth of that right now
they have done very little up til now but talk
yes, gemini may be great 'when ' it comes out but others have beaten them to punch in many ways

karl gray owns vast quantities more btc, produced life on bitcoin movie and much more, prolific speaker, mover and shaker
he is more bullish on startcoin now

check his twitter @paradimeshift

https://twitter.com/paradimeshift

Wow! You're right! That dude could spot orange light years away.
balu2

Activity: 742

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 03:51:20 AM

Gavincoin into your anus

The rekt is real.
Shit's going to be sold down very far imo. No buyers, just sellers.

You cult follwers going to learn the hard way that blockspace isn't scarce at all...
balu2

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 03:55:52 AM

Can we imagine Crypto Currencies without Bitcoin?

I absolutely can.

selling pre-fork coins now because people going to panic later and once fork occures the coins are worthless already of course - not after the fact but beforehand.
You might find it strange that people prefer their money over having "twice as many coins"
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 03:57:39 AM

The bitcoin price is not crashed. The actual value is the value that it has until 7 months (with the normal ups and downs). Never in his story the bitcoin price it was so stabilized. So I don't think your that your fear is justified.
balu2

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 03:58:49 AM

The bitcoin price is not crashed. The actual value is the value that it has until 7 months (with the normal ups and downs). Never in his story the bitcoin price it was so stabilized. So I don't think your that your fear is justified.

Yes, everyone keep calm and watch your bankroll shrink. Good advice! Everyone keep calm while i be panicselling over here!
tadakaluri

Activity: 616

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2015, 04:01:51 AM

At that time if you are in wrong fork, your coins may disappear. That is the main reason for panic selling.
cryptothreads

Activity: 1274

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 04:02:56 AM

Yes, everyone keep calm and watch your bankroll shrink. Good advice! Everyone keep calm while i be panicselling over here!

Time for some cheap bitcoins baby!
monsanto
Legendary

Activity: 1241
Merit: 1005

..like bright metal on a sullen ground.

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 04:09:12 AM

This sort of price instability is what scares new adopters.
Bitcoin XT is finally having an impact.  Tongue

This kind of price instability attracts volatility traders and degenerate gambler types though  Grin
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2015, 04:14:55 AM

I wish the Winklevoss twins would make a statement about this to calm stuff down.   Undecided

Lol who gives a shit what they think

balu2

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 04:16:13 AM

Lol who gives a shit what they think

They are probably too busy dumping on finex to make statements right now ...
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 04:18:05 AM

At that time if you are in wrong fork, your coins may disappear. That is the main reason for panic selling.

Where did you get that information? How is that possible?

str4wm4n
Legendary

Activity: 1611
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 04:31:10 AM

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: