Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:27:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Moving into LTC until XT issue is resolved? As a safe haven?  (Read 2151 times)
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2015, 02:01:14 PM

Maybe what we need is a LTC-XT coin. That way BTC-XT believers could take refuge in LTC-XT, BTC core believers could take refuge in LTC and all the rest who haven't taken a position in the controversy d'jour can just move into ETH as a bet that Ethereum will dominate the cryptosphere within 18 months.

~LOL~

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 02:33:10 PM

Litecoin is not a "haven" for anything.

If you want to get out of Bitcoin, buy dollars or euros.
Yeah what a good idea, only a guarantee 2% loss every compounding every year on the USD and limit supply isn't a thing. I think I would prefer Gold or Silver than USD or Euro even with silver going down a bit.

well if i was worried about the USD and Euro, i'd be going bags of wheat rice etc Wink

though we're talking bitcoin, if it was to fail tomorrow, the sun will still be rising pretty fine each morning.

NattyLiteCoin

Activity: 912
Merit: 1021

If you don’t believe, why are you here?

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 02:36:54 PM

Soon coins will be compared in terms of LTC or ETHER. Or this whole project is going to collapse.

Who fuckin knows. Just keep you're family in mind and don't invest more you can lose!

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
    ███▀                   ▀███
   ███   ███           ███   ███
  ███     ███         ███     ███
 ███       ███       ███       ███
 ███     ██████     ██████     ███
 ███        ████   ████        ███
 ███     █████████████████     ███
 ███         ███▄ ▄███         ███
  ███         ███████         ███
   ███▄        █████        ▄███
    ████▄       ███       ▄████
     ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
  25X FASTER THAN BITCOIN, LIGHTNING NETWORK & ATOMIC SWAPS  
  TWITTER          TELEGRAM          REDDIT          DISCORD          MEDIUM          LINKEDIN  
          ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
    ███▀                   ▀███
   ███   ███           ███   ███
  ███     ███         ███     ███
 ███       ███       ███       ███
 ███     ██████     ██████     ███
 ███        ████   ████        ███
 ███     █████████████████     ███
 ███         ███▄ ▄███         ███
  ███         ███████         ███
   ███▄        █████        ▄███
    ████▄       ███       ▄████
     ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 02:46:57 PM

Just keep you're family in mind and don't invest more you can lose!

+1 (something all sides of every debate here should agree on).
trinaldao
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

Post your ann & bounty just contact me

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2015, 02:53:25 PM

litecoin price down of bitcoin price down too Smiley
and after bitcoin price pumping litecoin down to the hell Roll Eyes

dont invest to litecoin i lose 1.5BTC buy at 55CNY

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 03:43:42 PM

Well congrats you are at a loss, cus the ltc/btc ratio went down.
tadakaluri

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2015, 04:12:12 PM

What about the DOGE? Is Dogecoin can be an alternative investment, till the Bitcoin fork confusion ends?
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 11:24:23 PM

who is?

whats intraday ratios in the grand scheme?, you could come in every 2 min and say, hey ur at a loss, wow u won etc.....lol the OP said go ltc til the XT blows over so i'd say the OP's talking mid to longish term.
Liquid71

Activity: 835

There is NO Freedom without Privacy

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 11:43:52 PM

Well LTC will never have to worry about increasing the block size since nobody uses it, so yeah it's a safe haven from any debate over the block size  Undecided

Liquid71

Activity: 835

There is NO Freedom without Privacy

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 11:47:36 PM

I'm busy chucking all of my BTC stash (such as it is  Angry ) overboard.......if the current BTC vs XT debate was happening in any other crypto, we'd be predicting total disaster.
Just because it's BTC doesn't mean that it can't fail, or that it won't tank again in the short term.

Any way I look at it, right now my BTC are better off being NXT, LTC, ETH or even Bitmark......

IF BTC fails all crypto fails. Nobody is going to have faith in another alt if the first crypocurrency died. Best case would be a small niche of users but nothing even close to mainstream. Nobody is going to invest real money in crypto if BTC fails.

kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 11:57:32 PM

I'm busy chucking all of my BTC stash (such as it is  Angry ) overboard.......if the current BTC vs XT debate was happening in any other crypto, we'd be predicting total disaster.
Just because it's BTC doesn't mean that it can't fail, or that it won't tank again in the short term.

Any way I look at it, right now my BTC are better off being NXT, LTC, ETH or even Bitmark......

IF BTC fails all crypto fails. Nobody is going to have faith in another alt if the first crypocurrency died. Best case would be a small niche of users but nothing even close to mainstream. Nobody is going to invest real money in crypto if BTC fails.

alt (to fiat) currency's  have failed long before btc come along, and btc still got running.

if btc failed yeah it'd be a big blow to p2p currencies, but people especially investors have short memories (otherwise the stockmarkets would never recover).
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 11:58:37 PM

Well LTC will never have to worry about increasing the block size since nobody uses it, so yeah it's a safe haven from any debate over the block size  Undecided

just more liquidity then all other alts put together and then some....so yeah nobody uses it  Roll Eyes
coolbeans94

Activity: 613
Merit: 500

Mintcoin: Get some

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 04:04:13 AM

Move to Mintcoin. MINT is even cheaper, faster, better.

(1.) Moral happiness depends upon moral order.
(2.) Moral order depends upon the harmonious action of all our powers, as
individuals and as members of society.
bubbaj

Activity: 376
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 04:15:12 AM

Outside of the Crypto community very few people have heard of any other crypto currency other than BTC. If BTC fails the whole of crypto will more than likely follow suit, the 2 waring sides need to get over themselves and solve the issue.

At $200 mining BTC starts to become very unprofitable and even more people will leave Crypto for good.

The trades that caused the crash yesterday were less than 1% of total market cap, if around 5% of coin holders panicked then BTC will more than likely fall below $100, after that more people will panic BTC will then be worthless and so will all other Crypto's as none of them have the fiat trading power of BTC and most can only be traded for BTC.

With the stress tests last month and now the attempt to fork BTC any main stream adoption will be put further back for any decentralized coin. Maybe a coin like ripple XPR that is centralized may end up the winner after all, this attempted fork shows that anyone can fuck with the coin.

oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 04:21:37 AM

Technically there are 4 LTC for 1 BTC, so LTC should be $50+ instead of $3,50 ... LTC can do everything BTC can do too.

I stopped reading after this.
rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 06:06:16 AM

this attempted fork shows that anyone can fuck with the coin.

Good point.

I think we should be worried about the future of cryptocurrency.

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 06:12:37 AM

Bitcoi NXT  Grin

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 07:01:17 AM

Hardly..

LTC/BTC has remained almost stable duringthe time BTC made a huge loss.. NMC suffered much more than LTC, which usually shows the same trendline as LTC.. To me this indicates that indeed, people are still contemplating about LTC as a good short term store of value.
HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2015, 10:28:46 AM

try nubits, tether

leopard2 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 05:21:11 PM
Last edit: August 20, 2015, 05:36:44 PM by leopard2

Litecoin is not a "haven" for anything.

If you want to get out of Bitcoin, buy dollars or euros.

Buying fiat ist not a solution, at least not for everyone. The market cap of Bitcoin is in the billions of $$ and there is only a few good exchanges out there. Each exchange would sit on a billion dollars or more, too much, if you ask me. The risk is that exchanges may go out of business if Bitcoin forks, and then all the $$ are gone (or you have to file a bankrupcy claim MtGox style).

Withdrawing to bank accounts is tricky; in most countries banks ask lots of questions or freeze accounts if a customer receives too much money from a Bitcoin exchange. In the U.S. the taxman will ask questions too.

I doubt that whales would sell into fiat. Therefore I believe that money will flow out of BTC into other cryptos, if the fork goes wrong  Shocked

Truth is the new hatespeech.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: