Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 05:35:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Nakamoto speaks on BitcoinXT  (Read 2815 times)
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 04:39:05 AM

No one can tell if he is Nakamoto or not. Only Satoshi himself. So we all can make only hypothesis. The thoughts of the author are goods even i personally don't think that they are the thoughts of Nakamoto. The only thing to hope is that both the groups sit around a table and resolve in the civilized way the discordances between those.
jdbtracker

Activity: 727
Merit: 500

Minimum Effort/Maximum effect

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 04:47:42 AM

Lol! meant well, but definitely fake. The market will decide, you could almost say that this is a IQ test for the community. Will people take things off hand... or will they do it the Blockchain way? Linking knowledge to it's source, regardless of it's PGP signature.

Satoshi anticipated the advent of pools, there is little that person did not anticipate. I even read he made Quotes within the source code around any type of weakness that could be thought of, this was from an article where Dan Kaminsky tried to hack bitcoin, but failed... the worse part? Satoshi's comments heckled anyone trying to poke holes in the software. The source code was so confusingly programmed(very likely on purpose) that even the core programmers had a hard time figuring it out; That's what caused the fork we saw years ago going from .7 to .8... any attempt to alter something at the core was like it was programmed in Binary, linking things together beyond assembly language... my take? I think Satoshi could program in Assembly Language; Machine Code.

I've read enough about bitcoin and checked it thoroughly... It has delighted me for years to learn the intricacies of Bitcoin,

Satoshi will taunt us from their grave, they left nothing to chance. It inspires me every day to try harder to learn more.

If you think my efforts are worth something; I'll keep on keeping on.
I don't believe in IQ, only in Determination.
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2015, 05:31:45 AM

Satoshi won't speak on the future of Bitcoin as there are a seelct few people in place to manage everything. Unfortunately, quite a few of those same people decided to start a pissing contest about whose "block size is larger", which is hurting the community.
slaveforanunnak1

Activity: 743
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 05:51:51 AM

Unsigned = Fake

he has never signed anything. How are you going to verify a signed msg? LOL you cray cray
forlackofabettername

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 06:01:19 AM

its fake dude if satoshi is still alive and make a return he wouldn't do it this way.  Also he would be smart to know that nobody is going to believe him without a signed key. 

I think it's great everyone knows what satoshi would and wouldn't do. lol

"If you see fraud and don't shout fraud, you are a fraud"
  -- Nassim Taleb
slaveforanunnak1

Activity: 743

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 06:07:24 AM

its fake dude if satoshi is still alive and make a return he wouldn't do it this way.  Also he would be smart to know that nobody is going to believe him without a signed key. 

No one has his public key... he has never signed anything!!! unless you know this guy, you will never ever get a provable signed msg from mr nakamoto
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1076

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 06:50:28 AM

No one has his public key... he has never signed anything!!! unless you know this guy, you will never ever get a provable signed msg from mr nakamoto

Not so sure about this, seems to me I've seen something signed. If he really never signed anything, it would be odd for him to start signing now.
AGD
Legendary

Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 06:58:51 AM

Not so sure about this, seems to me I've seen something signed. If he really never signed anything, it would be odd for him to start signing now.

lol

https://bitcointalk.org/Satoshi_Nakamoto.asc

User-ID:
Satoshi Nakamoto <satoshin@gmx.com>
Validity:
from 2008-10-30 19:19 until forever
Certificate type:
1,024-bit DSA
Certificate usage:
Signing EMails and Files, Encrypting EMails and Files, Certifying other Certificates
Key-ID:
5EC948A1
Fingerprint:
DE4EFCA3E1AB9E41CE96CECB18C09E865EC948A1

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 12:38:44 PM

Unsigned = Fake

1) Satoshi never cryptographically signed any communication.

2) satoshi (at) vistomail is NOT a fake address - in fact it is the email address from which Satoshi originally sent the Bitcoin Whitepaper

3) The email was not spoofed, it actually originated from vistomail's server. The email headers show the email originated from 190.97.163.93 and the SPF records show this as an authorised sender for the email.

4) there is no evidence whatsoever of satoshi (at) vistomail having been compromised (the compromised email was satoshin (at) gmx)

About 1): Hero/Legendary members in here should know that Satoshi never signed anything - obviously he did that in purpose, and the reason has to be that he wanted a) plausible deniability, b) a focus on the CONTENT of his messages and not on a "creator" who had the last word on anything.

Furthermore, the recent intervention by the "new Satoshi" on the mailing list is consistent with the writing style of the "old satoshi", and so is the content - therefore it is reasonably possible that the message is legit.

That said, I don't think it changes anything. Anybody with half a brain understands that XT is a shitcoin launched by two shady individuals with ties with gov agencies and dangerous agendas (blacklisting, anti-tor policies, "proof of passport" for miners, etc.), no need for Satoshi to realize that.

JackH

Activity: 381
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 12:59:37 PM

Unsigned = Fake

2) satoshi (at) vistomail is NOT a fake address - in fact it is the email address from which Satoshi originally sent the Bitcoin Whitepaper

3) The email was not spoofed, it actually originated from vistomail's server. The email headers show the email originated from 190.97.163.93 and the SPF records show this as an authorised sender for the email.

4) there is no evidence whatsoever of satoshi (at) vistomail having been compromised (the compromised email was satoshin (at) gmx)

About 1): Hero/Legendary members in here should know that Satoshi never signed anything - obviously he did that in purpose, and the reason has to be that he wanted a) plausible deniability, b) a focus on the CONTENT of his messages and not on a "creator" who had the last word on anything.

Furthermore, the recent intervention by the "new Satoshi" on the mailing list is consistent with the writing style of the "old satoshi", and so is the content - therefore it is reasonably possible that the message is legit.

That said, I don't think it changes anything. Anybody with half a brain understands that XT is a shitcoin launched by two shady individuals with ties with gov agencies and dangerous agendas (blacklisting, anti-tor policies, "proof of passport" for miners, etc.), no need for Satoshi to realize that.

Well said! Could not have said it better myself, especially the last part.

<helo> funny that this proposal grows the maximum block size to 8GB, and is seen as a compromise
<helo> oh, you don't like a 20x increase? well how about 8192x increase?
<JackH> lmao
AGD
Legendary

Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 02:59:27 PM

Unsigned = Fake

I agree with everything, but one thing:
(1.) Satoshi never had the need to sign a message back in the days, but after his years of disappearance, people will only believe it is him, when he signs a message with his key. He should know that and he created that key for a reason. If he wants to stay anonymous and still wants to communicate with the Bitcoiners, there is no need to reactivate his old accounts, because a new account will be seen as legit as an unsigned message from a (probably) hacked email account. If you think, that he was only about content, then why should he reactivate his old account to sound more legit? If he wants to sound more legit (as the creator of Bitcoin), why  doesn't he simply sign his key to make it 100%?

I tell you why: Because he can't! Because he doesn't have the password! Because it was not Satoshi, who wrote that and the other messages after his evaporation.

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 03:44:12 PM
Last edit: August 19, 2015, 04:36:21 PM by hdbuck

Unsigned = Fake

I agree with everything, but one thing:
(1.) Satoshi never had the need to sign a message back in the days, but after his years of disappearance, people will only believe it is him, when he signs a message with his key. He should know that and he created that key for a reason. If he wants to stay anonymous and still wants to communicate with the Bitcoiners, there is no need to reactivate his old accounts, because a new account will be seen as legit as an unsigned message from a (probably) hacked email account. If you think, that he was only about content, then why should he reactivate his old account to sound more legit? If he wants to sound more legit (as the creator of Bitcoin), why  doesn't he simply sign his key to make it 100%?

I tell you why: Because he can't! Because he doesn't have the password! Because it was not Satoshi, who wrote that and the other messages after his evaporation.

why would he care about pgp-identifying himself to retards?

S4VV4S

Activity: 1582

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 04:30:25 PM

Unsigned = Fake

^^^ This.
Well said.
It doesn't matter if the message was signed or if it was Satoshi or not.
What matters is what was said, and to my eyes, it seems like it's the right thing.

EDIT: Also, (not sure but) I think Satoshi did sign messages when he exchanged mails with Hal.
Rampion
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 04:34:41 PM

EDIT: Also, (not sure but) I think Satoshi did sign messages when he exchanged mails with Hal.

There's no evidence whatsoever about that; if you have a quote, please link to it.

BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 04:43:07 PM

Even if it was fake, that sounds exactly like what Satoshi would say. In any case, XT doesn't need this, XT by itself is proving a failed fork with a hidden agenda to kill any hopes of privacy for the end user, from what I've gathered reading the latest shenanigans.
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1076

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 06:53:36 PM

Unsigned = Fake

Thanks for clarifying things. The fact that such fork as XT could almost be accepted speaks much about current state of Bitcoin. This should never happen, and it's Bitcoin Foundation to blame most. They are so compromised that all important decisions are left to developers to make. This is not optimal, developers interests are not necessarily aligned with the interest of general Bitcoin community. Put your self in developers shoes, if some change would facilitate some new startup witch can make you a lot of money, you would be hard pressed to put community interests in front of your personal ones. There's also an issue that so few people would be able to push for such an important change. It's OK when the issue is technical, but when it's political like this one, consensus on the changes should demand far more individuals then handful of them.
italianMiner72

Activity: 910
Merit: 511

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 07:32:43 PM

hum!!!
how to be certain who he was satoshi?Huh

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
nachoig

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 08:24:50 PM

Unsigned = Fake

1) Are you sure? He has a PGP key, it's here: https://bitcointalk.org/Satoshi_Nakamoto.asc
The good sense says he should sign that message, specially after the incident with the GMX e-mail.

2 and 3) I agree, it's not a fake address.

4) No, you should assume that e-mail was compromised too, until proven the contrary. That e-mail probably remained inactive for years. A lot of e-mail providers allow the re-use of addresses by other people when these addresses remain inactive after some time. Just because no one claimed to have "hacked" that account it doesn't mean that e-mail wasn't compromised.
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010

Ad maiora!

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 10:33:57 PM

This XT debate is turning into a real schism. I'm reserving judgement until the actual truth comes out, and I'm finding all these new XT threads kinda hard to believe
Rampion
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 10:19:50 AM

Unsigned = Fake

1) Are you sure? He has a PGP key, it's here: https://bitcointalk.org/Satoshi_Nakamoto.asc
The good sense says he should sign that message, specially after the incident with the GMX e-mail.

Yes, I'm 100% sure he never signed any a) public communication or b) private communication that was made public by the recipient.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: