Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 08:58:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What would happen if employees got paid in Bitcoin? Share your opinions!  (Read 1699 times)
UMP Fourty 5 (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 05:50:06 AM

What do you think would happen if employees got paid in BTC? Would it make a change to the btc world?
Will BTC be accepted in real life markets? Do you think the price of BTC would change? If so, higher or lower?
Share your opinions.
momore

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 07:41:04 AM

What do you think would happen if employees got paid in BTC? Would it make a change to the btc world?
Will BTC be accepted in real life markets? Do you think the price of BTC would change? If so, higher or lower?
Share your opinions.

I'm looking for a boss who can pay me in BTCBTCBTCBTCBTCGrin Grin
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 07:43:00 AM

there would be an initial dump like it happened when big merchants went in, but if other than the wage many more shop start accept more btc and perhaps begin to add some bonus if you pay with it, i'm sure it would be very benefical for the bitcoin world

i know that i would pay everything in bitcoin if this was the case, it's all about the usage, if you have something that can not be used, no matter how good it is people will turn it in something they can use easily(fiat)
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2015, 07:44:29 AM

If you work in the US you can get paid in Bitcoin if your pay is direct deposited.

Use http://www.bitwage.co

More and more people are getting paid in Bitcoin weekly.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

/dev/null

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 07:47:57 AM

Share your opinions.

depends on time schedule. if you will start to do it today, bitcoin network would be so flooded, that employees will have to wait weeks to get their salary (because block size is quite small for some mass adoption these days)

btw, I really don't think, that employees will ever have their salaries in bitcoin. sorry..
Thekool1s
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1218

Change is in your hands

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 07:51:04 AM

Share your opinions.

Not much will change in developing economies, As education is still a problem, You cant expect a farmer in a 3rd world country to accept bitcoin let alone use a smartphone with internet on it, Unless these people cant accept true bitcoin acceptance cant be reached, But it can surely increase the price of bitcoin, And there would be i think huge fluctuations on paydays as companies would buy btc and it would make huge changes in price. And when people start to use it by buying stuff and eventually it will be converted to fiat so price would go down.

Its a complicated situation.
NextTroll

Activity: 50

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 07:54:18 AM

Share your opinions.

I think in 2020 they all want to get paid in Bitcoin
GamNoob

Activity: 50

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 08:03:09 AM

If you work in the US you can get paid in Bitcoin if your pay is direct deposited.

Use http://www.bitwage.co

More and more people are getting paid in Bitcoin weekly.

Vow, that's really great.
UMP Fourty 5 (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 08:08:14 AM

Share your opinions.

Not much will change in developing economies, As education is still a problem, You cant expect a farmer in a 3rd world country to accept bitcoin let alone use a smartphone with internet on it, Unless these people cant accept true bitcoin acceptance cant be reached, But it can surely increase the price of bitcoin, And there would be i think huge fluctuations on paydays as companies would buy btc and it would make huge changes in price. And when people start to use it by buying stuff and eventually it will be converted to fiat so price would go down.

Let alone farmers, how about about major markets, like Walmart, target, etc. If they started to accept and pay their employees in btc, It'd benefit both the BTC community and the markets itself.
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2015, 08:28:07 AM

A lot of people want other people to get paid in bitcoins.

But won't go ahead and switch over themselves. You have the option. What are you waiting for?

*insert "I can't buy groceries with bitcoins in my area" here*

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Thekool1s
Legendary

Change is in your hands

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 08:30:08 AM

Share your opinions.

Let alone farmers, how about about major markets, like Walmart, target, etc. If they started to accept and pay their employees in btc, It'd benefit both the BTC community and the markets itself.

I dont think it will make much difference to price as the end result is btc is still being converted to fiat, we may see a rise upto 2000$-5000$ max as constantly btc will be converted to fiat to pay for resources. Most likely developed countries will be the first to become full bitcoin based but 3rd world countries would still take time. But you dont expect big businesses to hold btc which will likely cause more dumping. Its very complicated to imagine this scenario.
Thekool1s
Legendary

Change is in your hands

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 08:33:00 AM

But won't go ahead and switch over themselves. You have the option. What are you waiting for?

yup this is the major cause and because of bitcoin price fluctuations many businesses instantly sell their bitcoins which is no good for bitcoin in the first place. Its like no use to accept bitcoin as it will literally make no effect until businesses start to hold btc.
UMP Fourty 5 (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 08:51:25 AM

I use bitcoin to buy stuff at the slightest chance I get to.
MoorChael

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 08:54:53 AM

Share your opinions.

I dont think it will make much difference to price as the end result is btc is still being converted to fiat, we may see a rise upto 2000$-5000$ max as constantly btc will be converted to fiat to pay for resources. Most likely developed countries will be the first to become full bitcoin based but 3rd world countries would still take time. But you dont expect big businesses to hold btc which will likely cause more dumping. Its very complicated to imagine this scenario.

Do you think that the BTC is useful only in developed countries?
micky123
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 08:58:24 AM

Share your opinions.

I tried to get HR to pay me in Bitcoin in my organization. Should not be too much of a problem since the company accepts Bitcoin as a payment option. However, they laughed off the suggestion and told me that it would be an accounting nightmare for payroll and advised me against it as the government would not take too kindly to it as well. Apparently, the government only accepts taxes which are deducted at source in fiat. Methinks it was laziness on the part of payroll which led to the canning of my idea, they clearly did not want to be too burdened with additional work citing short staffing!  Angry Angry

Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2015, 08:59:05 AM

yup this is the major cause and because of bitcoin price fluctuations many businesses instantly sell their bitcoins which is no good for bitcoin in the first place. Its like no use to accept bitcoin as it will literally make no effect until businesses start to hold btc.

If I was in the US I could live off of so much more than I do in Europe.

The fact that you can buy groceries at Whole Foods, Target, CVS, Kmart, etc. And you can use Bitcoin to pay for your food at Applebees, Chilis, Dominos, Burger King, Charleston's, Cracker Barrel, Cold Stone Creamery, IHOP, Logan's Roadhouse, Morton's, Papa Johns, Red Robin, Saltgrass, Steak n Shake, Texas Roadhouse, TGI Fridays, Tony Roma's would allow me to go quite a while without needing dollars.

And since you can buy just about everything else online at Amazon and e-bay. There is very little you can't buy online. Movie tickets at AMC theaters, Fandango.

Home Depot, Lowes, TJ Maxx, Cabela's, Sports Authority, Toys R Us, Best Buy, Dell...etc.

There is little excuse in the US to not get paid in bitcoins. Or at least part of your paycheck if your employer allows for direct deposit to different accounts.

Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2015, 09:00:49 AM

Share your opinions.

I tried to get HR to pay me in Bitcoin in my organization. Should not be too much of a problem since the company accepts Bitcoin as a payment option. However, they laughed off the suggestion and told me that it would be an accounting nightmare for payroll and advised me against it as the government would not take too kindly to it as well. Apparently, the government only accepts taxes which are deducted at source in fiat. Methinks it was laziness on the part of payroll which led to the canning of my idea, they clearly did not want to be too burdened with additional work citing short staffing!  Angry Angry

Couldn't you use BitWage?

UMP Fourty 5 (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 09:01:54 AM

It's that we need more people to start selling stuff for BTC, and stop the thought of "The price might go down and I'd loose it all"
Thekool1s
Legendary

Change is in your hands

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 09:02:34 AM

Share your opinions.

Do you think that the BTC is useful only in developed countries?

Not Useful, Its currently hard for people to understand that something so valuable which we cant even hold in our hand exist is some virtual world, Now try explaining that to a person who is uneducated who cant use internet or smartphones properly. those who think internet is world of scams etc. Thats why i said that, Btc is useful in only developed economies. You can hardly find a store in developing economies where you can buy daily things.

It will take time, Just like it took internet time to become a thing of everyday's use.
Kazimir
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 09:03:50 AM

I receive part of my salary in BTC. Works absolutely fine. Obviously it helps that in my area, I can pay quite some of my daily expenses with it.

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Insert coin(s): 1KazimirL9MNcnFnoosGrEkmMsbYLxPPob
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: