Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 12:17:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What would happen if employees got paid in Bitcoin? Share your opinions!  (Read 1699 times)
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 02:13:34 PM

I think this will eventually happen, but I also think we are not ready for this, Bitcoin is too young. I mean look at last night, we have went from $250 and wehave touched $166 on Bitfinex. Need I say more? We are just not stable enough yet.

Also to answer your second part of the question, of course this would have only positive impact on the price, if salaries would be paid in bitcoins. This would give us much wider adoption.
Luqman

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 05:01:24 PM

I receive part of my salary in BTC. Works absolutely fine. Obviously it helps that in my area, I can pay quite some of my daily expenses with it.
Which country do you lived budy?
bitcart

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

www.bitcart.io

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2015, 06:08:06 PM

I pay my web developers in btc. From a business point of view it's much easier dealing in the single global currency rather than using my bank to transfer money to a different country in a different currency with fees and waiting time.

Mostly I see it as an advantage for the employee because it's a lot quicker than waiting for cheques and bank transfers to clear. Even if the employee needs to take a couple of days to cash out their btc on an exchange they possess their earnings a lot quicker than traditional methods so they are happier being paid in btc.

At least I speak for people who use the technology. I don't think a non-user would like to be paid in btc.

www.bitcart.io
Bitcart - spend bitcoins online and save!
Buy Amazon gift cards with bitcoin and save up to 20% off
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2015, 06:59:43 PM

That would be great, but I think we are not ready yet about that. Salary is given by our company in fixed amount periodically. But, with its unstable price, it would be an advantage or disadvantage for us, which we will get different value every payday. E.g, we get 1BTC as our monthly salary. In first month 1BTC is equals to US$300, but in next month it could be US$270. We have to use stable currency as our salary imo.

Ya, I don't think anyone every suggested getting paid in the same bitcoin value each check. We're not there yet.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: