Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:27:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: recovering old scammed account  (Read 1051 times)
jacee (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 02:06:07 PM

Hey everyone! Recently I lost access of this account due to an account locking for security reasons. I was able to get it back because of badbear. I proved that this is my account because of my old email linked in this account. I sent him an email using the old email.

Anyway, before I lost my first account "jacqfrost"
 >> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=397804

Now I was wondering if I can also do the same to get it back? I still have access of my email linked to that account. I can't sign a message in there because I didn't stake any bitcoin address and I can't sign a message because it's a web wallet without a sign feature. I believe the scammer already changed the email in that account but I was wonderig if mods here has a record of the linked email in an account.

I'm just wondering. Huh

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stingers
Legendary

Activity: 1184
Merit: 1013

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 02:46:29 PM

If you are lucky enough then you can get it back. Just try sending bb a pm and request him for your account with the proofs, if he'll be interested, he'll look after your request else just drop the idea of getting your account back.
Hexcoin

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 04:06:16 AM

I still have access of my email linked to that account.

try to forgot password if your email is still attached to the account
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 05:03:50 AM

When did you lost the account? The account have first posted a BTC address at 11th May, while the negative ratings there are of 12th May. Are the address yours, or it is hacker's? If it is theirs then you are very not likely to get your account back. Next time (or by this account) you should post a bitcoin address here fast.

BTW I've searched archive.org and found a sig. with ref link from 5th May. The only way to prove the account us yours is to prove the ref link is yours. However admins rarely accept this. So you're almost saying goodbye to the account:(

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
jacee (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 05:13:55 AM

I still have access of my email linked to that account.

try to forgot password if your email is still attached to the account

well unfortunately the email has been changed by the scammer.
jacee (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 05:25:57 AM

When did you lost the account? The account have first posted a BTC address at 11th May, while the negative ratings there are of 12th May. Are the address yours, or it is hacker's? If it is theirs then you are very not likely to get your account back. Next time (or by this account) you should post a bitcoin address here fast.

BTW I've searched archive.org and found a sig. with ref link from 5th May. The only way to prove the account us yours is to prove the ref link is yours. However admins rarely accept this. So you're almost saying goodbye to the account:(

Lost my account on May 11. He immediately stake his address so yea that was his. I have an address posted but it can't be sign because it's an address of one of a local exchange site that I use as my main wallet for small transactions. I've learned my lessons tho.

Anyway I already bid goodbye to that account but knowing that mods have access to the emails that was once in the account, I thought just maybe it could help. I have there all the emails of notifs of my account back then.
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 09:11:43 AM

Lost my account on May 11. He immediately stake his address so yea that was his. I have an address posted but it can't be sign because it's an address of one of a local exchange site that I use as my main wallet for small transactions. I've learned my lessons tho.

Anyway I already bid goodbye to that account but knowing that mods have access to the emails that was once in the account, I thought just maybe it could help. I have there all the emails of notifs of my account back then.
If that is a exchange wallet, then can you give a one-time access to trusted member (not me, it's those in default trust) and let them prove that the address is your address at exchange.

BTW the forum shall have logged the IP address when you first registering. If you are not using tor/proxy and your ISP don't change your IP address, then you could prove that that is your account (though I haven't seen any account recovered by IP evidence).

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
DaddyMonsi
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2015, 09:15:41 AM

you can still prove using the old address by sending a small transaction to a BTC address.
you can try that
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 09:18:36 AM

you can still prove using the old address by sending a small transaction to a BTC address.
you can try that
except the present owner of the account would know the address as well, and could easily do the same. your suggestion proves nothing.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
DaddyMonsi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2015, 09:25:33 AM

you can try that
except the present owner of the account would know the address as well, and could easily do the same. your suggestion proves nothing.
you mean the new owner can send a small transaction using the old address staked by jacee?
jacee did you give the access to your old address to the new owner?
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 09:52:15 AM

you can try that
you mean the new owner can send a small transaction using the old address staked by jacee?
oh my bad, i read that wrong, I thought you suggested that jacee send coins to that exchange address, late at night, my fault. however, its not a guarantee that the exchange uses address as a sort of "personal wallet" for users, and its possible that a transaction made from the exchange will not include op's specific address as an output.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2015, 03:05:06 PM

you can try that

BadBear most probably won't take that as a proof of ownership because it is easy to trick someone to send Bitcoins to an address.

jacee (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 03:43:42 PM

you can try that

No I still have my address. He didn't get any access from it.
jacee (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 03:46:59 PM

you can try that

BadBear most probably won't take that as a proof of ownership because it is easy to trick someone to send Bitcoins to an address.

From what I understand I think he said I'll send btc from the address not to send to an address. Anyways, I doubt badbear will accept it. Plus the exchange site I am using recently changed my bitcoin address to a more secured one, tho it's still linked to the old address I have, the address it shows is different from the 1Jqtm to 3k... format.
jacee (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 03:49:42 PM

Fom my observations, the scammer doesn't use my account anymore. The moment he gets all the negative feedbacks, he hasn't logged in to that account again so I thought my account will be put to waste if it stays that way.
DaddyMonsi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2015, 04:13:59 PM

Fom my observations, the scammer doesn't use my account anymore. The moment he gets all the negative feedbacks, he hasn't logged in to that account again so I thought my account will be put to waste if it stays that way.

are you using coins.ph for your wallet that's why you cant sign a message?
I think there are other ways to prove you are the owner of that account, maybe you can ask bad bear what are your options
jacee (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 10:17:50 PM

are you using coins.ph for your wallet that's why you cant sign a message?
I think there are other ways to prove you are the owner of that account, maybe you can ask bad bear what are your options

Yes I use coins.ph . Well I already sent badbear with an email I'm just waiting for a reply. Also I took helo from the admin of coins.ph if there is any way I can prove ownership of that address well they didn't replied.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: