Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:17:23 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone else feeling like they should keep away?  (Read 1342 times)
leipebarry

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 07:08:17 PM

All this bad blood is making me want to keep away from the bitcoin scene for a while. Maybe go out and breathe the fresh air. Maybe this was what I needed to stay away from the BTC addiction.

When there is blood you buy!  Cool
MarketNeutral

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 12:22:02 AM

Nah. Now's as good a time as any to buy.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 12:24:52 AM

It definitely has the potential to rot your brain. And for most people it's not as if they can do a huge amount to address the most pressing issues. I'm looking forward to a good coma for a few years and then waking up to utter crypto utopia.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2015, 08:57:38 PM

Yes, at one point you have to let it go emotionally if you want to keep your sanity. It simply is really stressing. Though you still can follow things. Compensation as first priority and justice for second one. I hope i do it right. Future will tell.. Smiley

I have to say i feel sometimes the same. The community is filled with really nasty behaviours of persons. The most i hate are:

* Scammers
* Security issuers with communication problems
* Users who lost with an investment and threaten relatives
* Inept businessmans

Though i wont go since i think there exist a lot of really nice persons too. And it is a melting pot of businesses that could become a success. Smart people meet here.

So that's:

* ASICminer
* ASICminer
* ASICminer bagholders
* ASICminer

Grin

(I say all this as an ASICminer bagholder myself, albeit one who hasn't made threats to anyone. And I have to  Grin by now, I'm long since past the   Shocked and the Cry )

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010

Ad maiora!

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 10:55:18 PM

there is also the major public btc businesses who fall apart and take their clients money with them like mt.gox, bitpay, bitfunder etc etc etc

the list goes on and on and on...

if it isnt a hack its internal fraud

and that doesnt even consider the tens of thousands of ponzis, scams, rip-offs

or the plain old simple malware exploiting hackers who simply steal your coins

and what do victims get?

"Whoa n00b, stupid people shouldnt get to use money. sux 2 b u lol"

tell me...

how is this going to help btc go mainstream? the regular joe out there who is just hearing about btc will google it and see only 2 sides to the story

1. total rip-off wild west style lawless risky flaky shady weirdness

2. blind-faith believers who appear either idealistic to the point of delusion, or simply touting more scams

it just looks like a bad idea

it actually makes regulation look really good

i used to believe, but now i only think btc is fail

a great idea destroyed by opportunists
ausbit
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 11:14:03 PM

All this bad blood is making me want to keep away from the bitcoin scene for a while. Maybe go out and breathe the fresh air. Maybe this was what I needed to stay away from the BTC addiction.
Depends on how long you are planning this break for. We are right in the middle of some interesting times for bitcoin and i personally want to hang around and see how this all goes.

If you do take a break then enjoy your time but just make sure your back to see what happenes with this XT stuff, the new forum (whenever that is released) and don't forget all the sit com type of drama thats been going on here lately.

All the best I'll be staying for awhile longer yet.
stuff0577

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

More stuff will come.

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2015, 11:28:12 PM

Everyone else must have a break from time to time. Flex you muscles a little bit. Somehow this current discussion about the forks seem addicting but It sure's add a lot fat on the belly  Grin

DAILAI Peer-to-peer micro transport services
BCwinning

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 11:33:27 PM

I'm a long term HODLER, never sold anything & don't plan to for at least another 5, possibly 10 years. I'm feeling pretty deflated at the moment though I admit. Going to stop buying for a while now & see what happens.

I feel that everyone holding their coins is the reason the price is going down.   Undecided
No that would keep supply down while people are still buying so the demand wouldn't go down with it, I think it is more all the big mines put a ton of coins on the exchanges daily, this won't last too long once the halvening happens though.
thats it in a nutshell. Large mining operations need capital to keep the lights on and the bandwidth flowing.
Only way to achieve this is have deep pockets and not spend the bitcoin or spend the bitcoin to pay
operating costs. Go centralization.

The New World Order thanks you for your support of Bitcoin and encourages your continuing support so that they may track your expenditures easier.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: