Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:38:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Full node and IPv6  (Read 1213 times)
turvarya (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 03:36:42 PM

I am trying to set up a full node on a raspberry pi.

Installation seems to have worked, the blockchain is synced, but it seems like I can't be reached.

I am using https://getaddr.bitnodes.io/ to see, if I can be reached, neither putting my IPv4 nor my IPv6 address in there gives the desired result.

I can't setup port forwarding on my router. The support-lady told me, that since it is using IPv6 it shouldn't be necessary in most cases(but she admitted to don't really know much about that).

Any suggestions?

https://forum.bitcoin.com/
New censorship-free forum by Roger Ver. Try it out.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vm1990
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 12:33:34 AM

not much you can do if you cant forward ports on your router (ipv6 is the same as ipv4 just longer) so ports still need to be forwarded. only other thing i can suggest is try setting the pi outside the firewall in the router set it as a virtual server  ( long shot but.it.works sometimes) as for ipv6 if yoir router dosnt support it there nothing you can do. mayne check for a router firmware update?

hexafraction

Activity: 392
Merit: 259

Tips welcomed: 1CF4GhXX1RhCaGzWztgE1YZZUcSpoqTbsJ

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 12:42:38 AM

not much you can do if you cant forward ports on your router (ipv6 is the same as ipv4 just longer) so ports still need to be forwarded. only other thing i can suggest is try setting the pi outside the firewall in the router set it as a virtual server  ( long shot but.it.works sometimes) as for ipv6 if yoir router dosnt support it there nothing you can do. mayne check for a router firmware update?

No, IPv6 doesn't necessarily require port forwarding since it doesn't require a NAT. First half of a v6 address is the network ID (per internet connection), second half identifies a device using its MAC (with FEFF inserted as per SLAAC) or using a random value (more privacy). Of course, ISPs are free to do whatever stupidity they want, although I wouldn't expect it.

This tool can check if a specific TCP port on v6 is accessible. Provide your pi's IPv6 address (should be global, not anything in the form fe80:*)

I have recently become active again after a long period of inactivity. Cryptographic proof that my account has not been compromised is available.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: