Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 05:28:21 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin XT failing?  (Read 1708 times)
meono

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 07:13:50 PM

What happens if it failes?

It will and it'll maybe chaotic.
It fails one way or another. Market will melt down too.

Quote this as a note of someone who bashes BitcoinXT. Maybe this is what they want.

I assume readers are smart enough to figure out who supports Core, who supports XT, and who doesn't know yet. For example, meono seems to have recently made his account just for the purpose of pushing XT. Not that there's anything wrong with that. And LiteCoinGuy clearly supports XT and is trying to downplay the risks that come with a hard fork that many people oppose.

My account is new for a reason, but its not what you believe . If it bothers you too much PM Mods or Admin to find out...

Westin Landon Cox

Activity: 136

Get your filthy fiat off me you damn dirty state.

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2015, 07:23:55 PM

It doesn't bother me, just like your homosexuality doesn't bother me. Like I said, "not that there's anything wrong with that." You can create as many accounts to push XT as you want. I assume you didn't point out that a previous poster was an "XT basher" because you were bothered. You were, presumably, trying to be informative to other readers, just like I was.

Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 07:44:20 PM

Quick ELI5:

Running XT at this time is equivalent with running Core. It's the same network, and the same Bitcoins. At some point in the future, if 75% mining majority is reached (but not before January 2016), the network will split whenever a miner creates a block larger than 1MB. This will not be accepted by Core unless they adopt a large blocks patch, but will be accepted by XT, and at this point there will effectively be two chains.

Running XT means that you will always be on the largest (75%+) chain, regardless of whether the fork actually happens or not. Running Core means that you will be left behind if a 75% majority is reached. Regardless of which version you run, coins will be safe (on both chains) as long as you acquired them prior to the fork, and for some time the chains will largely mirror each other.

= You will keep your BTC one way or the other.

Thanks for a great explanation. This means that all of our bitcoins are safe and there is no point in fear that we can lose them, of course if we act accordingly in the near future.

Really, a lot of FUD is going around, from the responses that we will lose all if don't end up on the right chain, than that we can even double our bitcoins at one moment, etc.. All of this is hurting us, especially non techie people that will rush to the exchanges to sell. To keep our calm, we need precise info like in the post above.
meono

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 07:54:14 PM

Quick ELI5:

Running XT at this time is equivalent with running Core. It's the same network, and the same Bitcoins. At some point in the future, if 75% mining majority is reached (but not before January 2016), the network will split whenever a miner creates a block larger than 1MB. This will not be accepted by Core unless they adopt a large blocks patch, but will be accepted by XT, and at this point there will effectively be two chains.

Running XT means that you will always be on the largest (75%+) chain, regardless of whether the fork actually happens or not. Running Core means that you will be left behind if a 75% majority is reached. Regardless of which version you run, coins will be safe (on both chains) as long as you acquired them prior to the fork, and for some time the chains will largely mirror each other.

= You will keep your BTC one way or the other.

Thanks for a great explanation. This means that all of our bitcoins are safe and there is no point in fear that we can lose them, of course if we act accordingly in the near future.

Really, a lot of FUD is going around, from the responses that we will lose all if don't end up on the right chain, than that we can even double our bitcoins at one moment, etc.. All of this is hurting us, especially non techie people that will rush to the exchanges to sell. To keep our calm, we need precise info like in the post above.

you can thank the XT bashers for that. Now tell me when they have to use dirty tactics like that, what are they fearing?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: