Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:07:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you support a 4mb compromise with no IP logging or black listing?
Yes I support it - 8 (53.3%)
No I don't - 1 (6.7%)
Yes as a temporary solution - 3 (20%)
No it won't solve anything - 3 (20%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Deleted  (Read 638 times)
kingcolex (OP)

Activity: 254
Merit: 1258

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 08:07:43 PM
Last edit: September 18, 2023, 10:15:09 PM by kingcolex

Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 08:12:27 PM

I believe there needs to be a compromise one that would allow for larger blocks but keep out IP logging and black listing and calm the rage that has been started. We have worked a long time to have Bitcoin finally start to be taken seriously and the non stop flame wars about which make believe team you're on isn't helping.

If a 4mb block size with no IP logging or black listing was proposed and all the developers agreed to it as a short term solution would you be for it?

I think this is exactly what will happen in the end when all of the sides realize that shit has hit a fan. I have already written in couple of threads that I hope that all this XT situation is just a nice bluff by Gavin in order to get an increase in the block size and some kind of consensus.

So lets hope I was right, and yes I would support this.
desired_username

Activity: 879
Merit: 1013

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 08:14:18 PM

There is no logging and blacklisting in XT. It's prioritization, and a defense mechanism:

https://github.com/bitcoinxt/bitcoinxt/pull/20
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2015, 08:16:29 PM

No it won't solve anything
This will be the definite answer for shills and manipulations. 4 MB blocks on core would be a good solution as a compromise. This gives more room for transaction in addition to giving more time for other solutions to be developed.

There is no logging and blacklisting in XT. It's prioritization, and a defense mechanism:
-snip-
This will go off topic if you start discussing the same things in the wrong threads.
more control is always gained under the disguise of protectionism

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
meono

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 08:17:29 PM

Another compromise? Didnt we get the majority agreed to 8mb? When are you gonna stop begging a group of a handful ppl?

This is getting silly seems like Gavin really cares about the community and we keep ignore him.

I think some one just like the idea that Gavin is the evil who will take over the world. The mentality of a 5 yrs old.
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

--------------->¿?

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 08:23:49 PM

I think it would certainly slow down XT momentum and delay its implementation but I don’t think it would be enough for it to completely go bust. Only a permanent scalability solution from Core could make XT eat dust once and for all.

Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 08:24:40 PM

I believe there needs to be a compromise one that would allow for larger blocks but keep out IP logging and black listing and calm the rage that has been started. We have worked a long time to have Bitcoin finally start to be taken seriously and the non stop flame wars about which make believe team you're on isn't helping.

If a 4mb block size with no IP logging or black listing was proposed and all the developers agreed to it as a short term solution would you be for it?

I think this is exactly what will happen in the end when all of the sides realize that shit has hit a fan. I have already written in couple of threads that I hope that all this XT situation is just a nice bluff by Gavin in order to get an increase in the block size and some kind of consensus.

So lets hope I was right, and yes I would support this.

Man I hope you're right and I cross fingers for that because I'm thinking exactly the same. The whole thing is affecting all of us in a pretty dirty and negative way. Within the community this is the worst time I experience right now. This is so sad.
turvarya

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 08:26:22 PM

No it won't solve anything
This will be the definite answer for shills and manipulations. 4 MB blocks on core would be a good solution as a compromise. This gives more room for transaction in addition to giving more time for other solutions to be developed.

-snip-
This will go off topic if you start discussing the same things in the wrong threads.
more control is always gained under the disguise of protectionism
The OP made a false statement and got corrected.
It is not the fault of the people, who try to stick to the facts, that FUDsters creep in every thread spreading the same misinformation and someone feels entitled to correct them, again and again.

https://forum.bitcoin.com/
New censorship-free forum by Roger Ver. Try it out.
meono

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 08:28:37 PM

Another compromise? Didnt we get the majority agreed to 8mb? When are you gonna stop begging a group of a handful ppl?

This is getting silly seems like Gavin really cares about the community and we keep ignore him.

I think some one just like the idea that Gavin is the evil who will take over the world. The mentality of a 5 yrs old.

You are a known troll and I have no cares about what you say, if you think the community will come to a consensus on this debate is the mentality of a 5 yr old. Just because you want it your way doesn't mean you will get it.

The funny thing is 8mb block already got consensus by majority of the community.  

A troll is not the one who pointed out fact. You can keep ignoring me, but dont expose yourself to FUD like you showed us in the OP.
PolarPoint

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 10:26:08 PM

Since when is IP logging in the mix? I have never heard IP logging was ever in any BIP. There is already a 2M limit compromise proposed.
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 10:27:40 PM

BIP104 is the only solution ... right in the way of the difficult ajustment strategy.
unholycactus
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2015, 10:29:37 PM

I'm not sure how you view this as compromise.

The way I see it, it's not about how big blocks can be, it's more about changing a core characteristic of Bitcoin without consensus.

It's either change or no change.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: