Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 03:06:52 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: This Calmed Me Down A Bit About The Blocksize Debate  (Read 2778 times)
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 05:55:55 PM

Starting in 2017.  Just enough for Blockstream to roll out their products and for us to hit the wall.  Anyway it won't be adopted.

glub0x
Legendary

Activity: 892
Merit: 1013

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 09:14:30 PM

Developer EmployerIn favor of
Gavin Andresen MIT8mb+
Mike HearnGoogle, now Vinumeris8mb+
Meni RosenfeldIsraeli Bitcoin Association, Bitcoiltentative 8mb+
Jeff GarzikBitpay, now Dunvegan Space Systems, Inc. 2mb+
Peter ToddViacoin et al.1mb
Luke-JRSubcontracted by Blockstream1mb
Adam BackBlockstream Co-Founder1mb
Matt CoralloBlockstream Co-Founder1mb
GmaxwellBlockstream Co-Founder1mb
Peter Pieter WuilleBlockstream Co-Founder1mb+17% each year (3,6Mb in 2025?)
Mark Friedenbach(Maaku7)Blockstream Co-Founder1mb
laanwj MIT 1mb
Corrected for you, still freaky for me.

The cost of mediation increases transaction costs, limiting the
minimum practical transaction size and cutting off the possibility for small casual transactions

Satoshi Nakamoto : https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
turvarya

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 09:38:10 PM

As always, people are spreading false information in regards to this debate. How about you guys stop this, else we will never leave this vicious circle?

1) First learn how to properly spell out the name of the person which is Pieter Wuille.
2) He is not for 1 MB blocks.
3) He proposed a 17.7% yearly growth rate .

His proposal is a bit too conservative if we start with 1 MB blocks.

Starting in 2017.  Just enough for Blockstream to roll out their products and for us to hit the wall.  Anyway it won't be adopted.
Stop diverting the argument. His claim is that Pieter supports only 1 MB blocks is false. End of story.
I think, we can divide it into people, who want an increase asap(the time for businesses to upgrade) and people who are saying, that they want it later.
The problem about "later" is that you can often translate it into "never"(but keep the hope up)

As I said many times already:
I don't care about endless discussions(which were there long before I joined Bitcoin), I care about code. So, when there is another BIP coded into a client, I can actually install on my PC, than I will re-evaluate, what I want to support. Everything else is just smoke and mirrors.

https://forum.bitcoin.com/
New censorship-free forum by Roger Ver. Try it out.
The00Dustin

Activity: 807

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 12:11:30 PM

I don't care about endless discussions(which were there long before I joined Bitcoin), I care about code. So, when there is another BIP coded into a client, I can actually install on my PC, than I will re-evaluate, what I want to support. Everything else is just smoke and mirrors.
I'm not really keeping up because I figure I can just wait for the dust to settle, but in another thread, I read at least one person indicate that XT includes BIP101.  A version of XT that supports increased block sizes was definitely released, but I don't know if it's actually BIP101.  Do you?
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 01:33:59 PM

Developer EmployerIn favor of
Gavin Andresen MIT8mb+
Mike HearnGoogle, now Vinumeris8mb+
Meni RosenfeldIsraeli Bitcoin Association, Bitcoiltentative 8mb+
Jeff GarzikBitpay, now Dunvegan Space Systems, Inc. 2mb+
Peter ToddViacoin et al.1mb
Luke-JRSubcontracted by Blockstream1mb
Adam BackBlockstream Co-Founder1mb
Matt CoralloBlockstream Co-Founder1mb
GmaxwellBlockstream Co-Founder1mb
Peter WuilleBlockstream Co-Founder1mb
Mark Friedenbach(Maaku7)Blockstream Co-Founder1mb
laanwj MIT 1mb
No need to tell anything else. Don't use Blockstream  EVER
turvarya

Activity: 714

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 02:06:11 PM

I'm not really keeping up because I figure I can just wait for the dust to settle, but in another thread, I read at least one person indicate that XT includes BIP101.  A version of XT that supports increased block sizes was definitely released, but I don't know if it's actually BIP101.  Do you?
Yes, BitcoinXT is the only client that has a BIP (BIP101) implemented. So, if you want bigger blocks, that is currently your only choice.

https://forum.bitcoin.com/
New censorship-free forum by Roger Ver. Try it out.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: