Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:46:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Higher Blocksize = lower BTC price...Why?  (Read 1368 times)
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 06:30:32 PM

i think he is talking about the possible double spend, or the possible usage of the double of your coins, which mean half the current price as a result, but it was only theorized, nothing is certain about this...
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 06:32:20 PM

Another tale of mainstream media going at bitcoin Cheesy Financial experts thinking this is their beloved fiat... How wrong can they be... They're going to get hurt if they enter Bitcoin with this attitude.

Anyways, he is probably referring to the uncertainty related to a blocksize increase, and not the increase itself.
keepdoing

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 07:03:41 PM

Here you can watch the video...he is saying it at minute 2.4

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos/2015-08-19/bitcoin-xt-what-is-it-and-why-was-it-released-

I think he is refering to the "velocity of money" if there are more transactions the price is falling but applying that to the block size makes no sense to me too
I though the most interesting comment was made by the financial guy in a statement starting around 4:10......

"if we solve this problem with a solution that loosens the supply... we know what happens when you loosen monetary supply, you devalues the currency, and that is a real risk here."

This was the "Financial Expert" James McQuivey.  I researched him and he an "analyst" aka a blogger who writes such intriquing stories such a making money at Minecraft, "has apple thrown in the towel" and other nonsensical drivel desigged to feed the masses.

But here is the part that concerns me, because I do know a thing about the Media, and I know that they aren't naive enough to believe this nonsense (even though they may have intentionally picked 2 guests that are that naive).  So why are they intentionally putting out the mass thoughtwave that Bitcoin price is going to stabilize LOWER - even as it becomes more widespread?  You can't tell me that this isn't media manipulation.  Because they aren't that naive.

If this XT Fork wins, and if it becomes accepted AS THE BIG PLAYERS WANT then Bitcoin will shoot to the moon.  Looks more like an old Stock Market trick to me - trash the stock, and have your insiders buying it all the way down - right up to the point that they announce the secret that so&so just won some huge government bid and the Stock shoots to the moon.  Which is what Bitcoin will do IF IF IF this XT hurdle is crossed succesfully.  And again, even though I own bitcoins, I am not in a hurry to get rich with the current version of XT.

But the boig boys (Goldman Sachs / JpMorgan and a ton of others) they are all dumping Millions of Dollars into this space.  Investment Funding is surging over a Billion.  You think ALL they want is the ledger and the exchanges?  Heck, they want some Bitcoins to stuff inthese new vaults they are building also.  And these powerful old grey hairs NEVER pay more than they have to.  So they are scaring the crap out of everyone to let go of your bitcoins in a market that has a finite number of coins.  RIGHT NOW is the most crucial time in what is about to become the greatest wealth shift in the history of the world.

Be Wise.  Be Cunning.  Be Patient.  Be Careful.
forevernoob

Activity: 687
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 07:58:27 PM

Haha...
"Ph D's"...  Cheesy

I don't think he understands the technical aspects, but at least he means well.

Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 08:22:27 PM

Another tale of mainstream media going at bitcoin Cheesy Financial experts thinking this is their beloved fiat... How wrong can they be... They're going to get hurt if they enter Bitcoin with this attitude.

Anyways, he is probably referring to the uncertainty related to a blocksize increase, and not the increase itself.

Well he better be talking about the XT fork uncertainty, otherwise he doesn't have a clue on what's he talking about. It always amazes me, all these so called experts that are analyzing Bitcoin. You would have to ask yourself do they do this on purpose, do they find un-competent people on purpose or they really can't find anybody that understand the Bitcoin technology to comment on it.
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2015, 08:24:33 PM

Higher fees means one of the major selling points is gone. Might as well use credit and debit

balu2

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 08:48:40 PM

Hi all,

I just heard from an "expert" on Bloomberg that a higher blocksize will result in a lower btc price because more transactions will go through. But why will this result in a lower btc price?!?

Thanks in advance

Cuz it introduces all kinds of technical issues. If xt ever happens (i doubt it) you'd see it turned into a shitcoin with problems to sync up and huge recource consumption. People will very easily go for another coin then.

Also the risk of two viable chains existing after fork will spook investors massively and btc won't be worth a lot anymore until the fork happens. Could be near worthless after fork.

I don't think bloomberg knows this and they are talking out of their ass as usual btw. 
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 11:19:10 PM

Hi all,

I just heard from an "expert" on Bloomberg that a higher blocksize will result in a lower btc price because more transactions will go through. But why will this result in a lower btc price?!?

Thanks in advance

I suggest that guy to get into mining, to make another fork with smaller blocks and see for himself if that raises BTC's price. I'm afraid this isn't going to work, but that expert probably won't believe it unless he sees it with his own eyes.

Price is fixed by market, which doesn't care at all about block size. The only thing which matters is demand, now and in the foreseeable future.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 12:19:14 AM

Bloomberg expert,forgot,nice way to get some money from bloomberg,world isfull of shit,highly paid experts

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
sick of life

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 06:14:33 AM

why want higher blocksize if price lower
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 06:22:51 AM

Hi all,

Thanks in advance

Cuz it introduces all kinds of technical issues. If xt ever happens (i doubt it) you'd see it turned into a shitcoin with problems to sync up and huge recource consumption. People will very easily go for another coin then.

Also the risk of two viable chains existing after fork will spook investors massively and btc won't be worth a lot anymore until the fork happens. Could be near worthless after fork.

I don't think bloomberg knows this and they are talking out of their ass as usual btw. 

It won't magically increase all sync time and recource consumption.. It is just future proofing the system so we don't have to deal with it when it starts to become a real problem...
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2015, 08:32:08 PM

Hi all,

Thanks in advance

He most probably did not say that it will result in a lower btc price but in a lower transaction fee. That is not true compared to now since the fees will stay the same as now. Though when we would keep the 1 MB block size limit then this would mean that at one points there are more transactions than the network can put in blocks. That would lead to higher fees paid because the higher a fee the higher the chance to get your transaction confirmed.

That's all. Smiley

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2015, 08:36:22 PM

Hi all,

Thanks in advance

dont watch bloomberg videos for educational purpose.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: