Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:44:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Eutanasia?  (Read 4434 times)
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 05:59:31 PM

That said back on Euthanasia I'm against people asking others to kill them, a license to self suicide if supported makes more sense.
Thanks for the clarification, but as for the suggestion for a license for suicide, how would that impact anything? would having such a license permit a holder to a facility that would assist in that person's suicide? if so, how is that any different from euthanasia?

No problem and the benefit of a license is that people will need to decide for themselves without involving the guilt of others who survive after the person is dead. If they are unwilling to do so then they must live on, in the end it's their ultimate choice and they should be held responsible for their own outcome and not put it into the hands of another.

Basically I'm implying a License to Kill (YOURSELF)

Euthanasia in my opinion forces doctors to do the task, which is against their code of well trying their best to keep people alive.
That said if the doctors want to have the right to do it in some cases that would be acceptable but not for perfectly well and fit individuals like in the OP, more for vegetable state individuals etc.
http://www.macleans.ca/society/health/why-doctors-want-the-right-to-pull-the-plug-2/
why would people need a license to kill themselves? that's called suicide and is executed out of free will already. no one else is involved already, why complicate it with a license? i really dont see the point here.

I think it's not a bad idea. It would simply say that this person had gone through all the psychological and other tests to say that there is no doubt that he wants that and he is fine with forfeiting the chances of being healed in the future.

So they could go to a doctor and ask for a poison.

Such certificate should lose it's validity after 6 months or so. Not that someone wears that all the time and when the next time a woman hurt his heart he gets poisened even though a day later he would be fine.
i see now, but in my opinion, even having the assistance of being supplied poison is euthanasia as there is some assistance being given; suicide i think is characterized by the willingness to go the full distance to one's life, there's no one else to pull the trigger for you, you take it from start to finish. having a legal means to acquire an out of life i think is still assisted suicide, ie euthanasia. that's just me though.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
traderbit

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2015, 03:46:43 AM

That said back on Euthanasia I'm against people asking others to kill them, a license to self suicide if supported makes more sense.
Thanks for the clarification, but as for the suggestion for a license for suicide, how would that impact anything? would having such a license permit a holder to a facility that would assist in that person's suicide? if so, how is that any different from euthanasia?

No problem and the benefit of a license is that people will need to decide for themselves without involving the guilt of others who survive after the person is dead. If they are unwilling to do so then they must live on, in the end it's their ultimate choice and they should be held responsible for their own outcome and not put it into the hands of another.

Basically I'm implying a License to Kill (YOURSELF)

Euthanasia in my opinion forces doctors to do the task, which is against their code of well trying their best to keep people alive.
That said if the doctors want to have the right to do it in some cases that would be acceptable but not for perfectly well and fit individuals like in the OP, more for vegetable state individuals etc.
http://www.macleans.ca/society/health/why-doctors-want-the-right-to-pull-the-plug-2/
why would people need a license to kill themselves? that's called suicide and is executed out of free will already. no one else is involved already, why complicate it with a license? i really dont see the point here.

I think it's not a bad idea. It would simply say that this person had gone through all the psychological and other tests to say that there is no doubt that he wants that and he is fine with forfeiting the chances of being healed in the future.

So they could go to a doctor and ask for a poison.

Such certificate should lose it's validity after 6 months or so. Not that someone wears that all the time and when the next time a woman hurt his heart he gets poisened even though a day later he would be fine.
i see now, but in my opinion, even having the assistance of being supplied poison is euthanasia as there is some assistance being given; suicide i think is characterized by the willingness to go the full distance to one's life, there's no one else to pull the trigger for you, you take it from start to finish. having a legal means to acquire an out of life i think is still assisted suicide, ie euthanasia. that's just me though.
Euthanasia can be a difficult issue, personally If I'm dying or become a vegetable, I'd rather die quickly and painlessly

larsson

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 04:25:26 AM

If I was dying, and had expressed written or verbal consent to Euthanasia, I would expect it to be carried out.
Furio
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

BTC | LTC | XLM | VEN | ARDR

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 04:29:17 AM

If I was dying, and had expressed written or verbal consent to Euthanasia, I would expect it to be carried out.

All about our idiot lawbook and where you were born, the state seems to think they can outlaw thing you do to your own body, look at all state's victim's of the war on drugs....

You are not free, you are caddle....

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: