Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:33:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Use your bitcoins to buy gas...get 25% discount  (Read 1496 times)
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2015, 12:23:18 PM

Pretty interesting, I did not know about this:

The method is really simple.   

Find a Gamestop Gift Card on Amazon. Add it to the Wishlist.
    Import the Wishlist into Purse.io and wait until the order is filled.
    Take the Gamestop Gift Card and buy a Shell Station gas card with it!

http://cointelegraph.com/news/115149/how-to-save-25-on-gasoline-when-paying-with-bitcoin

From my experience I have gotten up to 35% off of my Amazon purchases on purse.io. But they say 22% is the average.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3486
Merit: 6144

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 12:31:39 PM

It's pretty interesting indeed , I read the article this morning on CoinTelegraph and the one about Pay.on & Bitnet .
Personally can't use it because simply my country is too retarded and don't know what "gift cards" are unfortuntly , still it's a good thing and it's nice to see this kind of stuff and news even with the BitcoinXT crap going on .

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Ilove-Obama

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 12:34:39 PM

It's pretty interesting indeed , I read the article this morning on CoinTelegraph and the one about Pay.on & Bitnet .
Personally can't use it because simply my country is too retarded and don't know what "gift cards" are unfortuntly , still it's a good thing and it's nice to see this kind of stuff and news even with the BitcoinXT crap going on .

Well that ended this Scam with Bitcoin XT

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
«««« ⪓  FAST CONFIRMATION   ► EDON ICO STARTED SOON  ◄  ⪓  NODE.js tehnology ⪓    »»»»
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ticoti

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 12:39:29 PM

If I could that, of course it would be my first option
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 12:43:31 PM

Really wish I could use this! Only thing better would be paying directly with bitcoin... Unfortunately Shell seems to have disappeared from my country.
Thekool1s
Legendary

Merit: 1218

Change is in your hands

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 12:47:41 PM

Yup this is the problem in 3rd world countries, Bitcoin will be like gold for them but they cant understand it yet because of low level of education. And again shell right here dont accepts any giftcards and gamestop doesnt exist here  Cheesy
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 12:48:45 PM

Does it work worldwide or only inside the US?
RGBKey

Activity: 854
Merit: 658

rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2015, 12:51:52 PM

Wow, that's pretty interesting actually. Thanks for sharing, hopefully I'll get the chance to use this soon.
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2015, 01:08:59 PM

Does it work worldwide or only inside the US?

If you have a Gamestop that sells Shell gift cards it works.

And can get Gamestop cards from Amazon.com

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 01:19:23 PM

I wonder if i in the future we will see payments in the actual gas pumps, but the problem is it's known by everyone that carrying a phone number while on a gas pump station is not a good idea because explosions have happened before.
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2015, 01:24:16 PM

I wonder if i in the future we will see payments in the actual gas pumps, but the problem is it's known by everyone that carrying a phone number while on a gas pump station is not a good idea because explosions have happened before.

Source?

unamis76
Legendary

Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 01:28:32 PM

Source?

There have been many reports throughout the years about cell phones causing explosions on gas stations, but no science proves it's true, so that gas station concept that emerged on the forums a few months back could perfectly well be used.

BillyBobZorton: Either way that's not really an issue, as nowadays you have to go inside gas stations to pay Smiley
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2015, 01:30:34 PM

Source?

There have been many reports throughout the years about cell phones causing explosions on gas stations, but no science proves it's true, so that gas station concept that emerged on the forums a few months back could perfectly well be used.

BillyBobZorton: Either way that's not really an issue, as nowadays you have to go inside gas stations to pay Smiley

A proven myth:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uw6-PhvcS3M

fryarminer

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 07:09:31 PM

Thanks Elwar, I've been wondering about ways to pay for gas!
meono

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 07:44:35 PM

OP did you actually try it?

Because i know lots of stores, any I've been to, would not let you use store giftcard to buy other service or store giftcards. Basically they dont accept giftcard as a payment when you buy giftcard.

Case in point: Homedepot has a policy clearly at the cashiers that giftcards can not be purchased using voucher store credit....etc.

Think about it, it makes sense doesnt it. Because the store does not want they revenue stream to another chain store.

So I'm shocked that Gamestop let you do that.... Unless Gamestop chain is owned by Shell
fryarminer

Activity: 686

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 09:53:43 PM

Because i know lots of stores, any I've been to, would not let you use store giftcard to buy other service or store giftcards. Basically they dont accept giftcard as a payment when you buy giftcard.

Case in point: Homedepot has a policy clearly at the cashiers that giftcards can not be purchased using voucher store credit....etc.

Think about it, it makes sense doesnt it. Because the store does not want they revenue stream to another chain store.

So I'm shocked that Gamestop let you do that.... Unless Gamestop chain is owned by Shell

I did some research and it seems to work for this guy:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/32lwu7/i_just_want_to_remind_everyone_that_you_can_buy/
Sumerian

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 09:56:59 PM

Pretty interesting, I did not know about this:

The method is really simple.   

Find a Gamestop Gift Card on Amazon. Add it to the Wishlist.
    Import the Wishlist into Purse.io and wait until the order is filled.
    Take the Gamestop Gift Card and buy a Shell Station gas card with it!

http://cointelegraph.com/news/115149/how-to-save-25-on-gasoline-when-paying-with-bitcoin

From my experience I have gotten up to 35% off of my Amazon purchases on purse.io. But they say 22% is the average.

Do these shell station gas cards work in europe as well? We pay a lot for gas here in Holland (taxes)

Want Free Bitcoins? Check out BitcoInvest
Pips

Activity: 168

If life gives you lemons, make orange juice.

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 10:04:59 PM

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/32lwu7/i_just_want_to_remind_everyone_that_you_can_buy/

Maybe that guy lives in an area where it works, but near the end of this comment, they start talking about how it's probably up to the employee, really.

If life gives you lemons, make orange juice and leave them wondering how you did it.
meono

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 10:08:57 PM

Maybe that guy lives in an area where it works, but near the end of this comment, they start talking about how it's probably up to the employee, really.

Then its more likely the employee made a mistake accepting gc as payment for another gc.

Im pretty sure the policy is Not allowed. Just common sense here folks
dollarneed

Activity: 742

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 01:39:11 AM

so this is from purse.io ? yeah actually i've known it but unfortunately is not available in my area
i just get discount if i bought some onlines stuff
yup this so cool especially for comunity
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: