Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:36:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coblee (creator of Litecoin) comments on Gavincoin  (Read 767 times)
balu2 (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 06:29:50 PM

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3hp190/charlie_lee_nuclear_option_of_forking_the/cu9e4tj
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

--------------->¿?

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 06:44:08 PM

Stop acting like it's an alt. It's not.

meono

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 06:48:41 PM

These idiots dont sound like they believe in their comments anymore...lol

After the FUD and conspiracy BS they're just running out of tactics.

Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 06:50:57 PM

Try spending your XT coins on the real chain after the fork, then try telling yourself it's not an alt when that fails

Vires in numeris
meono

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 06:52:48 PM

Try spending your XT coins on the real chain after the fork, then try telling yourself it's not an alt when that fails

Idiot, if the fork happens the real chain is the one built on XT nodes.....

balu2 (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 07:08:35 PM

or on notXT nodes  Roll Eyes
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

--------------->¿?

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 07:27:03 PM

There is no forks if there is no consensus. If there is a fork by consensus then it becomes the real chain. Is that so hard to understand? Meanwhile I can send you bitcoins from my XT client and your Core client will consider it as valid.

illyiller

Activity: 697
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 07:48:27 PM

There is no forks if there is no consensus. If there is a fork by consensus then it becomes the real chain. Is that so hard to understand? Meanwhile I can send you bitcoins from my XT client and your Core client will consider it as valid.

That's not entirely true. Due to the low threshold (75%), the fork could move forward and both chains may continue for some time, and in the end XT could still easily fail. I'd not be spending any coins for quite some time after the fork, should it happen.
WestHarrison

Activity: 187

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 07:56:22 PM

That's not entirely true. Due to the low threshold (75%), the fork could move forward and both chains may continue for some time, and in the end XT could still easily fail. I'd not be spending any coins for quite some time after the fork, should it happen.

You act as if this would happen overnight. If 75% ever happens then it would happen after many months of those miners changing, but near the 75% limit I'm willing to think that the remaining would switch to XT rather quickly to avoid risking being on the worthless fork.

This assumes that XT gets to 75% though, and that's a huge assumption, it might very well be ignored by the miners at large.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2015, 08:00:09 PM

More from coblee:

or on notXT nodes  Roll Eyes

LOL, meono doesn't understand NotXT nodes can mine (and possibly have mined) XT-in-name-only blocks.

Now who's the idiot?   Grin

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 08:23:32 PM

You act as if this would happen overnight. If 75% ever happens then it would happen after many months of those miners changing, but near the 75% limit I'm willing to think that the remaining would switch to XT rather quickly to avoid risking being on the worthless fork.

This assumes that XT gets to 75% though, and that's a huge assumption, it might very well be ignored by the miners at large.

Hang on a second.

When the arguments suits, XT will take over in a single day, Core dies instantly because everyone sees the light.

....except when it's a more convenient argument, XT will consume the network really slowly, while Core fights a pointless losing battle

Which is it?

(and why are we talking about this anyway, you're supposed to be explaining to us all how it is you're going to spend your definitely-not-an-Alt-Coin on the real chain.... remember?)

Vires in numeris
meono

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 08:36:36 PM

No i understand it perfectly. However in the thick skull of yours, you assume miners would use NotXTnode. While in reality only a handful retards run NotXTnodes with a fantasy that their evil plan ( if calling that a plan at all)  would actually work.
balu2 (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 10:01:25 PM

No i understand it perfectly. However in the thick skull of yours, you assume miners would use NotXTnode. While in reality only a handful retards run NotXTnodes with a fantasy that their evil plan ( if calling that a plan at all)  would actually work.

FIFY
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2015, 01:43:36 AM

When the arguments suits, XT will take over in a single day, Core dies instantly because everyone sees the light.

....except when it's a more convenient argument, XT will consume the network really slowly, while Core fights a pointless losing battle

Which is it?

(and why are we talking about this anyway, you're supposed to be explaining to us all how it is you're going to spend your definitely-not-an-Alt-Coin on the real chain.... remember?)

Heh, the Heam-in-his-Fuhrerbunker Downfall parody is practically writing itself...

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████