Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:20:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Your milk is entirely too natural to not be labeled “imitation”  (Read 985 times)
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 02:37:35 AM

Sometimes government’s dishonesty, incompetence, wastefulness, and misguided nannyism combine to make a perfectly ridiculous story. Today’s comes to us from Florida, where the Ocheesee Creamery is being forced to dump gallons upon gallons of good, natural skim milk because the state is requiring the business to label its good, natural skim milk “imitation” because they haven’t added anything to it.

Paul and Mary Lou Wesselhoeft have been fighting this in federal court with the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Affairs, which had formerly allowed them to sell their skim milk while calling it skim milk. No one seemed confused by this except the state government, which changed its requirements.

The Institute for Justice is helping the Wesselhoefts take on the state, arguing they should not be prohibited from telling the truth about their product.

DACS has decided what is commonly known as skim milk—whole milk with the cream skimmed off—cannot be called “skim milk” unless it is artificially injected with vitamin A. DACS has demanded that Mary Lou either inject vitamin A before she can call it skim milk, or use a confusing and misleading label that calls it something it is not: Non-Grade ‘A’ Milk Product, Natural Milk Vitamins Removed. Mary Lou suggested other labels that would ensure customers her skim milk is only pasteurized skim milk, not just a “milk product,” but DACS rejected each one.

As the AP reports, the judge in the case seems confused by the government’s position, not the act of calling skim milk skim milk:

Webster’s dictionary defines skim milk as simply “milk from which cream has been removed,” with no mention of added vitamins. But Department lawyer Ashley Davis told a judge consumers expect whole milk and skim milk to have the same nutritional value and that the Wesselhoefts’ skim milk is nutritionally inferior because vitamins are removed when the milk fat is removed.

“Ocheessee’s product is imitating — literally imitating — skim milk,” Davis said.

Judge Robert Hinkle said he’s not so sure consumers expect skim milk to have the same nutritional value as whole milk.

“You know something’s been removed in order to make it skim milk,” he said.

Hinkle also seemed to have problems with the word imitation.

“It’s hard to call this imitation milk. It came right out of the cow,” Hinkle said. “Anyone who reads imitation skim milk would think it didn’t come out of a cow.”

I’m with Hinkle. Doesn’t it seem like common knowledge that skim milk is whole milk with a bunch of delicious fat removed (I have my own issues with allowing skim milk to be called milk, but it’s a personal peeve that need not be adjudicated by the state, and I digress)? We all understand they’re not the same product, nutritionally, and that’s precisely why some people choose skim over whole.

The Wesselhoeft refuse to add extra stuff to their all-natural product because the tiny creamery got into business to sell and all-natural product. Their commitment to natural products was just fine with consumers, but now the government’s actions a threatening this small business and the livelihoods of those who work there:

The dairy was selling 200 to 300 gallons of skim milk a week at $5 a gallon before the state ordered them to relabel it or stop selling it.

http://hotair.com/archives/2015/08/20/govt-to-creamery-your-milk-is-entirely-too-natural-to-not-be-labeled-imitation/

--------------------------
Baffling...

Sourgummies

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

Never ending parties are what Im into.

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 02:48:14 AM

If I recall one of the sticky points in the TPP talks was dairy. Stopped drinking milk and relieved a few nagging issues I was having.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 09:33:42 PM

Surprise! Whole milk may be good for you after all

Over the last couple of years, the US government has had to back away from decades of dietary recommendations and health directives. Now whole milk may be the next line of retreat. Not only did science find no connection between whole milk and cardiovascular disease more than 40 years after urging people to stop using it, it turns out the science behind the initial recommendation was flawed — and known to be so at the time:

Whether this massive shift in eating habits has made anyone healthier is an open question among scientists, however. In fact, research published in recent years indicates that the opposite might be true: millions might have been better off had they stuck with whole milk.

Scientists who tallied diet and health records for several thousand patients over ten years found, for example, that contrary to the government advice, people who consumed more milk fat had lower incidence of heart disease.

By warning people against full-fat dairy foods, the U.S. is “losing a huge opportunity for the prevention of disease,” said Marcia Otto, an assistant professor of epidemiology at the University of Texas, and the lead author of large studies published in 2012 and 2013, which were funded by government and academic institutions, not the industry. “What we have learned over the last decade is that certain foods that are high in fat seem to be beneficial.”

Note that this finding does not limit itself to the now-widely accepted point that replacing saturated fats with carbohydrates turned out to be a terrible idea, and pushed Americans further toward obesity. In this case, the fat in whole milk appears to be beneficial in itself. That hypothesis became the focus of a new series of tests, one that focused on actual consumption of dairy fat against development of heart disease, rather than correlation on overall diet. Surprise:

Otto and Mozaffarian used a blood sample for each of more than 2,800 U.S. adults. Using the blood sample, they could detect how much dairy fats each had consumed. And over the eight-year follow up period, those who had consumed the most dairy fat were far less likely to get  heart disease compared to those who had consumed the least.

So how did the US government conclude that whole milk should be discouraged? By claiming the science was settled when it actually wasn’t:

But even as a Senate committee was developing the Dietary Goals, some experts were lamenting that the case against saturated fats was, though thinly supported, was being presented as if it were a sure thing.

“The vibrant certainty of scientists claiming to be authorities on these matters is disturbing,” George V. Mann, a biochemist at Vanderbilt’s med school wrote in the New England Journal of Medicine.

Ambitious scientists and food companies, he said, had “transformed [a] fragile hypothesis into treatment dogma.”

Golly, doesn’t that sound … familiar? At least no one  no one suggested locking up saturated-fat “deniers” at the time.

Perhaps the best lesson from these retreats from disastrous health directives over the last four decades is that government should get out of that business entirely. And while they’re exiting the dietary-diktat business, they should exit the climate-change business as well.

http://hotair.com/archives/2015/10/07/surprise-whole-milk-may-be-good-for-you-after-all/

ThePrinceofTea

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 09:45:02 PM

you have a problem with my bull? be aware if you attack his cow, and I can't do nothing... even my donkey is terrified just at the idea that my bull may become angry to defend his cow, she has so sweet eyes Cheesy. but angry my bull...

it's a funny subject milk... exactly the type of subject to discuss once the enemy are all dead, have surrender and join or, no there is no, other option. war or peace Cheesy.

this one is so complex Cheesy.

beef or bison? $$

I say BISON Cheesy.

those roads and barriers are a real problem to BISON management... you know it's not like cow... it's a free riding spirit... but as all, come the time to die Cheesy

mmmhhhh....

prepare the fire... Cheesy

another one is Honey... feeding sugar to bee to make them produce "fake honey" is quite a cheating... my 2 cent. I wouldn't but bee feeded raw sugar to make honey... it's even unhealthy I am sure Cheesy...

always all level, spirit, material...

IN GOD WE TRUST.

another day... those pesky what ever...

the hatchet is out!
ThePrinceofTea

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 09:52:44 PM

in a few word.

PEACE ON EARTH to build the FLEET that doesn't float hoho.

on earth PEACE, which means PERFECTION...

outaspace, trash it all Cheesy.

but again why shall I be exposed to the risk of an event in some kind of science project when it's all possible to do it theoretically?

step by step is dangerous.

or you get :

IN GOD WE TRUST (aka the great spirit)

or you are worthless.

risk is 1 or 0

event or not.

then it's closer to event, or not closer to event, how close very...

remember TO BUILD A MORE PERFECT UNION, WE TRUST IN GOD, GOD JUDGE THE UNION, AND EACH OF US. WE TRY TO BE WORTH A LITTLE. HARDWORK... lot's of mistake. admit, correct, move to the next mistake. don't become archaic, or die....

I am not sure if I am clear, but again Wilikon and other, for always posing interesting question.

you want one? is Ethic Universal? haha! or what is Universal Ethic? Or how does the space trade federation trade? answer ? the real one: share... but not with anyone one because they are so called born... you have to be born again. which means? IN GOD WE TRUST... easy...

the manifest destiny to kuffar... always complex. first to break the ice, and make the first exchange Cheesy
ThePrinceofTea

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 10:00:27 PM

where are the horns?
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 10:26:12 PM

where are the horns?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polled_livestock

christycalhoun

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 11:38:15 PM

I don't even bother drinking milk at all anymore. It has too many hormones and chemicals, I just don't want to deal with it.

ThePrinceofTea

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 12:35:03 AM

thank you very much. you are so lovely Wink. Really I didn't knew that it was "natural"... hermaphrodite... who knows... I was so certain that it was dehorning for profit for selling the horns (or having less to care)... I should take fresh air Smiley.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Livestock_dehorning

but I am not sure that it's cow milk:

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Head_of_cow_%28hieroglyph%29

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacred_bull

I think it's very cool that the egyptians did some engraving to be sure of what is and what isn't... (what can't the memory hole take). A cow that make milk has horn.

it would be like a bee that make honey without wing.

Exploiting nature to the point of treating it as biological machine? I don't like it.

christycalhoun,

cows are "grass condenser"... but you see even this sentence is so charged. why not caring mother? That's what I like the most about freedom of speech on electronic forum protected and defended by the US ARMED FORCES, for me it's the holy grail of communication.

it's possible to take time, to respect and or ignore other, to change my own opinion,  I think it's just great.

you know there are ground grass (certified clean) non homogenized cow milk...

but isn't the milk for the calf? hehe.

question more. 

first question, Shall I, as a Children of God (aiming to be Cheesy), be drinking cow milk?
second question, how Shall I, aacog, raise a cow to drink it's milk?
3rd how much shall I drink, I mean it's meant to raise a bull...
4rd is cheese/cream okay?

and typical question not to for now to find the answer: do cows make milk in space?

and finally the funniest one: Can you drink Bison milk? hahaha

nothing is more interesting that to speak about cows... and their wild friend the bisons...

btw I still haven't read the article... but the subject is fascinating.
TheGr33k

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 12:48:41 AM

This story is literally frightening to me.. I cannot even fathom this kind of regulatory scrutiny.. It makes no sense whatsoever to target this farm's product when the flaw is within the regulations themselves.
It seems backwards to me in every way and nothing can be argued that it's imitation.
ThePrinceofTea

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 12:57:07 AM

This story is literally frightening to me.. I cannot even fathom this kind of regulatory scrutiny.. It makes no sense whatsoever to target this farm's product when the flaw is within the regulations themselves.
It seems backwards to me in every way and nothing can be argued that it's imitation.

it's so common : advantage a competitor / do trouble to a competitor / receive bribe / ask for bribe / threaten other industry / give job to legal industry / impose power on other people / stay with the secretary at night while the partner ... / have a legislation at your name / avoid the children / impose a religious/ethical view on other / stop the free market / destroy the idea of free will - informed consent - victimless / bankrupt the business / etc

as soon as a judge and the people didn't raise against banning hemp... I knew something was wrong.

but I still haven't read it Cheesy.

maybe first knowing what regulating means... and secondly it's not because you have the power to regulate that you should do it...

be aware USC and BoR...
TheGr33k

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 01:00:16 AM

it's so common : advantage a competitor / do trouble to a competitor / receive bribe / ask for bribe / threaten other industry / give job to legal industry / impose power on other people / stay with the secretary at night while the partner ... / have a legislation at your name / avoid the children / impose a religious/ethical view on other / stop the free market / destroy the idea of free will - informed consent - victimless / bankrupt the business / etc

as soon as a judge and the people didn't raise against banning hemp... I knew something was wrong.

maybe first knowing what regulating means... and secondly it's not because you have the power to regulate that you should do it...

be aware USC and BoR...

I know it's common, but for it to be brought to light like this : story after story or almost disheartening to me. It's a barrage of nonsensical legislation and regulations that need to be stomped out before (if it isn't already) it's too late.
ThePrinceofTea

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 01:02:33 AM

be aware USC and BoR...

I know it's common, but for it to be brought to light like this : story after story or almost disheartening to me. It's a barrage of nonsensical legislation and regulations that need to be stomped out before (if it isn't already) it's too late.

my favorite roman joke: there was a roman lawyer fleeing ROME, he met a barbarians, the roman lawyer said: you don't have the legal right to kill me, and no authority to rob me. the barbarian LoLed...

happily the USC&BoR is Armed.
vero

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 06:32:40 AM

They once tried to stop producers of Almond Milk from using the word “Milk”.
The truth is people do not need dairy in their daily diet after breast feeding ends.
Not to mention that we are the only mammal that carries on drinking animal milk based products after breast feeding.

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 03:20:50 PM

The truth is people do not need dairy in their daily diet after breast feeding ends.
Not to mention that we are the only mammal that carries on drinking animal milk based products after breast feeding.

The truth is people do not need to drink alcohol in their daily diet, but the truth is people do not need weed in their daily diet, but the truth is people are hipsters from california, people are Yanomami Indians from brazil, and the truth is people should be free to eat insects, after breast feeding ends... if they want to.

MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 03:46:13 PM

Milk contains GcMAF which supposedly can help stop things like cancer and autism. The government is working hard to make sure no one has natural milk. I wouldn't drink the milk in the stores, but naturally made milk (without added hormones etc), or pumped breast milk, is quite healthy.

Special breast milk component protects and repairs infants' intestines

"Breast milk may help treat cancer in adults as well
But young children may not be the only people who can benefit from consuming breast milk. Human trials involving just the HAMLET component of breast milk have revealed that it can effectively treat male bladder cancer. Patients with bladder cancer who received injections of HAMLET experienced a reduction in cancer tumor size after just a few days of treatment." (link)

To the point mothers with children who have just been vaccinated are told not to breast feed? Why because the breast milk stops the vaccine from working, because something is not natural about vaccines.

Inhibitory effect of breast milk on infectivity of live oral rotavirus vaccines.

"INTERPRETATION:

The lower immunogenicity and efficacy of rotavirus vaccines in poor developing countries could be explained, in part, by higher titers of IgA and neutralizing activity in breast milk consumed by their infants at the time of immunization that could effectively reduce the potency of the vaccine. Strategies to overcome this negative effect, such as delaying breast-feeding at the time of immunization, should be evaluated."
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: