Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 08:33:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GCS]Galactic Credit Standard - Working on a Star Wars dream together![ANN]  (Read 2011 times)
Brama Tafel (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 02:24:26 PM
Last edit: August 27, 2015, 05:11:03 PM by Brama Tafel

Galactic Credit Standard

Hello every one!
I make this non-typical announcement to look for allies in developing a particular cryptocurrency never developed before!
I used a X11 to create a cryptocurrency inspired by Star Wars universe. In this way the Galactic Credit Standard came to life!
Honestly my IT skills are very limited, as long they can be wide and versatile, but my fantasy has no borders, as this project can show you.
I already developed a Drupal website and a wallet, although for windows only.
Sure of many Star Wars fans out here, I ask you and rely on you to help me in creating a strong community around this precious (sentimentally for now) currency which is the Galactic Credit Standard!
What the GCS would need now in my opinion are:
1. Wallet for Mac OS, Linux, Android, iOS
2. Enrich the website with more technical infos
3. Enrich the website with a customized theme (for now there is the simple Bootstrap running)
4. Mine the currency (very easy with the miner embedded in the wallet!)
5. Spread it, especially across the Star Wars community! There are millions of Star Wars fans around the world! Who knows that in this way we can expand not only GCS, but all the cryptocurrency movement in the mainstream...!

Here is what I created so far:

http://galacticcreditstandard.com/GCS/Forum_Images/HomePage.png

Wallet (sorry for the Italian, but the PC I worked on it had Win in IT  Grin )

http://galacticcreditstandard.com/GCS/mining/Wallet.png

GCS Properies

Coin type            x11
Halving            210000 blocks
Initial coins per block    50 coins
Target spacing        10 min
Target timespan        168 h
Coinbase maturity    10 blocks
Max coinbase        21000000 credits
P2P port            11060
RPC port            21060

If you are interested in this project please visit http://www.galacticcreditstandard.com or send en email to bramatafel@gmail.com

Donations

Bitcoin address: 1GjbVpHt6ksBFCAxvek8cSh85HmyAxGQct
Dodgecoin address: DLwRjc6EJKsGy4buAQDSHyBCfYPiC81pXU
DASH address: XegSBHjzU6y69pZ82Dy2zyXdnifzn7zwSJ

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU!

FAQs

This is a coingen!
Yes it is. As I wrote, I don’t have coding skills, so I had to use a coingenerator to have at least a basic code. I used so coingenerator.net, which seems as it released a good code, quite stable. I tested it mining GCS for more than one month and it never stalled. I even sent and received successfully some payments. Anyway, it’s clear the project needs some true software developer to enhance the performance and to create a version for Mac, Android, iOS.

This coingen must have some third party lock or some watermark.
No, the generator wanted a fee to create the coin. In exchange, it released a fully open source editable by anyone who wants to take part in the project. The source code is open and free.

Star Wars is a trademark you can’t exploit!
You have to understand the concept of Star Wars expanded universe. This universe has been filled by many fans around the world (since the post The Jedi's Return era) with books, comics, novels, toys, that technically exploited the brand, but instead contribute to its success and its transformation into a cultural phenomenon! If any coin will ever make the Galactic Credit Standard (present just in the expanded universe) you can be sure that George Lucas (and Disney above all) will be more than happy to see it spreading across the globe, enforcing the cult around Star Wars! You can find more about the fascinating Star Wars expanded universe here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_expanded_universe

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LordCoder

Activity: 712
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 02:27:14 PM

shit gencoin. not even made some design. exiting.
notsofast
Legendary

Activity: 1517
Merit: 1042

@notsofast

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2015, 02:29:49 PM

These gencoins tend to die when no provision is made for halving and the reward halves right down to 0.

Plus their blockchains stall ALL the time.

twitter.com/notsofast
Paycoinzzz

Activity: 994
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 02:34:27 PM

I know some of yuse guys want all coins to fail but at least try it before you embarass yourself with incorrect comments. This aint halves every 10 blocks coingen.
Jerry S

Activity: 546

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 02:35:39 PM

''
how do we know that a coin is a coingen? in a quick way
LordCoder

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 02:39:41 PM

''

Window design, coin.conf, nothing new, common nodes.
Sir_Astral

Activity: 574

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 02:42:44 PM

coingen with forks
Jerry S

Activity: 546

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 02:52:34 PM

''

i thought coingen is a coin that uses a site/third party to create the source, so there would be something like a copyright/mark from the site, thanks anyway
shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 03:10:16 PM

I know some of yuse guys want all coins to fail but at least try it before you embarass yourself with incorrect comments. This aint halves every 10 blocks coingen.

This is definitely a coingen coin.  Why are you always making posts defending these shitcoins?  Is it because you're involved?  Don't bother answering because the answer is obvious.
bms2013
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 03:38:25 PM

Virustotal - https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/f6ce11f2058caee86fe7fcad007f213f8f3e79f2714b7f4182fbdb18fe769236/analysis/1440171398/
Winner
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 03:43:54 PM

shitcoin. Made in 10 seconds

image from the OP.

http://coincreator.

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2015, 04:06:08 PM

''

To answer a different question - this one’s actually a clone of Spurdocoin:

1. Download source
2. Open ./share/setup.nsi in a text editor
3. confirm that line #9 reads: !define COMPANY "SpurdoCoin project"

More alts with a Spurdocoin parentage:

https://github.com/search?p=1&q=%21define+COMPANY+%22SpurdoCoin+project%22&type=Code&utf8=%E2%9C%93

Cheers

Graham

Brama Tafel (OP)

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 07:36:49 AM

Hello!
Yes is a coingen as you call it. Not having programming skills I had to start from something and that's why I'm looking for help here. I'm here to learn. As I wrote I can put fantasy, but I need people who can put skills on it. Anyway Coincreator has not copyrights or watermarks on the code.
In my opinion the main core is the idea, the brand idea. I understand you are very fond of programming and are focused on the sole IT aspect, but try to wide your horizons and be patient with an ignorant as me  Wink Grin
If you have ideas to improve this creature you are more than welcome, but post contructive critics, not only insults to show how expert you are in the coins sector  Wink

Cheers and may the force be with you!

''

To answer a different question - this one’s actually a clone of Spurdocoin:

1. Download source
2. Open ./share/setup.nsi in a text editor
3. confirm that line #9 reads: !define COMPANY "SpurdoCoin project"

More alts with a Spurdocoin parentage:

https://github.com/search?p=1&q=%21define+COMPANY+%22SpurdoCoin+project%22&type=Code&utf8=%E2%9C%93

Cheers

Graham

gjhiggins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2015, 09:39:33 AM

In my opinion the main core is the idea, the brand idea. I understand you are very fond of programming and are focused on the sole IT aspect, but try to wide your horizons and be patient with an ignorant as me  Wink Grin

Typically, I don’t offer opinions. I do make an effort to confine my postings to just the facts. In this instance, I pointed out some facts in order to dispel some misperceptions about the origin of the codebase.

Whilst I don’t disagree with your perception of the importance, even primacy, of a strong brand identity with clear brand values and that the Star Wars brand is both exciting and appealing, the brand is not your property to exploit.

“I understand you are very fond of programming and are focused on the sole IT aspect” <- you have an incorrect understanding.

Cheers

Graham

LordCoder

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 09:54:33 AM

''

i thought coingen is a coin that uses a site/third party to create the source, so there would be something like a copyright/mark from the site, thanks anyway

Indeed, I explained you how to identify them.
Brama Tafel (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 07:22:57 AM

Typically, I don’t offer opinions. I do make an effort to confine my postings to just the facts. In this instance, I pointed out some facts in order to dispel some misperceptions about the origin of the codebase.

Whilst I don’t disagree with your perception of the importance, even primacy, of a strong brand identity with clear brand values and that the Star Wars brand is both exciting and appealing, the brand is not your property to exploit.

“I understand you are very fond of programming and are focused on the sole IT aspect” <- you have an incorrect understanding.

Cheers

Graham

Hi Graham,
I'm glad you expose the facts. This helps me to understand better what the project needs to take off.
I'm glad also that you understand the importance about a strong brand, which many altcoins lack of.
About the affirmation "the brand is not your property to exploit" you have to understand the concept of Star Wars expanded universe. This universe has been filled by many fans around the world (since the post The Jedi's Return era) with books, comics, novels, toys, that technically exploited the brand, but instead contribute to its success and its transformation into a cultural phenomena! If any coin will ever make the Galactic Credit Standard (present just in the expanded universe) you can be sure that George Lucas (and Disney above all) will be more than happy to see it spreading across the globe, enforcing the cult around Star Wars! You can find more about the fascinating Star Wars expanded universe here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_expanded_universe
gjhiggins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2015, 12:51:30 PM

Star Wars expanded universe

Thanks for clarifying. If you haven't already, you might want to edit the OP to make it quite clear to invitees.

Cheers

Graham
lulla.by

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 01:09:57 PM

If you can't code how you will develop the coin? Huh
Brama Tafel (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 05:27:28 PM

Star Wars expanded universe

Thanks for clarifying. If you haven't already, you might want to edit the OP to make it quite clear to invitees.

Cheers

Graham

I was thinking to insert a FAQs list in the post. Do you think it might be a good idea? And what any other kind of questions could arise from this project?
Thanks!
Brama Tafel (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 06:07:40 PM

If you can't code how you will develop the coin? Huh

The fact I can't code is the main reason I posted this project here in preview, in order to find some partner who can believe in this dream.
I can put grit and fantasy (you need grit to study and understand how a cryptocurrency works and you need a lot of fantasy to combine coins and Star Wars)!
After all the software is open source, anyone can work on it. I would like to create a wide and strong community around it, to create something beautiful!  Smiley Wink Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: